E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Code out Amber LED marker in headlights



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
jcut825
Private
 
jcut825's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: WA

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Code out Amber LED marker in headlights

I have done a lot of searching but would like to find someone who has does this successfully.

I would like to code out the top amber led marker on the e92 xenon headlights (not the turn signal bulb). This is what I have found as far as instructions go. Can someone give some input?

SL_V_PO_RL_FKT
nicht_aktiv

PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_AL
wert_04

PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_FL
wert_04

I have seen a lot of threads that say you must cut the wire to do this and you cannot code it. I do not want to do that.

Thanks in advance!

Sources:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14481324
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422778
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793865
jcut825 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
oldbmwreader
Enlisted Member
 
oldbmwreader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e92
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Need a little more info first: What is the build date on your car, and do you have FRM2 or FRM3?

This is 100% done through coding. Absolutely do NOT cut that wire, that is a ridiculous solution and I cannot believe people actually do it.

Last edited by oldbmwreader; 03-05-2014 at 04:46 PM.
oldbmwreader is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #3
vanondemand
Banned
 
vanondemand's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i M/T
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 662
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I was able to disable the LED with just this code:

07 e92 I think FRM2 in NFRM

SL_V_PO_RL_FKT
nicht_aktiv
vanondemand is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
Baccus@AMS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Baccus@AMS's Avatar
 
Drives: Navigation/coding expert
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Posts: 435
iTrader: (13)

It only works for FRM2...FRM3 is not codeable...
__________________
Navigation map expert/Sirius activation/Coding/Remote Coding/BMW APPS/New York Area


baccus@alpinemss.com
Baccus@AMS is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
djkevinnn
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 e90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 211
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccus@AMS View Post
It only works for FRM2...FRM3 is not codeable...
I've been able to do it on FRM3 with an E90. Never tried on an E92.
djkevinnn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
oldbmwreader
Enlisted Member
 
oldbmwreader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e92
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccus@AMS View Post
It only works for FRM2...FRM3 is not codeable...
This is 100% not correct. Wow and you do remote coding?

Both are capable just need more info first for the exact codes.
oldbmwreader is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2014, 10:06 AM   #7
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: 917-939-4980
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,255
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmwreader View Post
This is 100% not correct. Wow and you do remote coding?

Both are capable just need more info first for the exact codes.
Would you happen to post the items needed to do this for E92 that has FRM3?
More info needed? That is not clear what your saying. I can post a trace file and you let me know but I don't think any other frm3 trace file would matter.

I too have never been able to code it out for E92 on frm3. The E90 yes I have been successful. You say you have been successful, if so before you jump on anyone back please post what you did besides saying its possible I would appreciate it. Proof is in the pudding in this forum!
Thanks

Steven

Last edited by cn555ic; 03-07-2014 at 10:20 AM.
cn555ic is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #8
oldbmwreader
Enlisted Member
 
oldbmwreader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e92
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Would you happen to post the items needed to do this for E92 that has FRM3?
More info needed? That is not clear what your saying. I can post a trace file and you let me know but I don't think any other frm3 trace file would matter.

I too have never been able to code it out for E92 on frm3. The E90 yes I have been successful. You say you have been successful, if so before you jump on anyone back please post what you did besides saying its possible I would appreciate it. Proof is in the pudding in this forum!
Thanks

Steven
Taken straight from my history of changes file on my computer, for FRM3, E92:

Welcome light amber led delete:
WL_POL_3R
hart_einschalten to nicht_aktiv

For the amber LED w/ headlight
PWM_POL_BEI_AKTIVEN_AL
wert_03 to wert_04 [this might be low beam]
PWM_POL_BEI_AKTIVEN_FL
wert_03 to wert_04 [this might be high beam]

To turn off the amber LED on parking light:
SL_FKT_MIT_POL
aktiv to nicht_aktiv

Make sure you post back after confirming.
oldbmwreader is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #9
oldbmwreader
Enlisted Member
 
oldbmwreader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e92
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I have tried those and they never worked. I in fact tried it with same exact lines you just posted.
Interesting... we can dig into this. Would you be willing to post your current FRM trc?

My LED never lights and those are the 4 lines I used. I can post pics to show. I have xenon pre-LCI head lamps, and that's my only FRM coding besides the US_SIDEMARKER which is a different bulb.

Were you doing this for the LCI e92?
oldbmwreader is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #10
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: 917-939-4980
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,255
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmwreader View Post
Interesting... we can dig into this. Would you be willing to post your current FRM trc?

My LED never lights and those are the 4 lines I used. I can post pics to show. I have xenon pre-LCI head lamps, and that's my only FRM coding besides the US_SIDEMARKER which is a different bulb.

Were you doing this for the LCI e92?
Listen I am far from a newbie at this...I just tried it on a 2012 E92 today the same scipts that you changed on a Frm3 C32..I even showed the guy your post and said to him I bet money it wont work and change those exact lines you mentioned above... I dont need you to prove it to me as I have tried many times on E92s and it doesnt work.

You have PRE-LCI headlamps! We are talking about LCI headlamps my friend...

Last edited by cn555ic; 03-07-2014 at 10:45 PM.
cn555ic is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2014, 03:32 AM   #11
oldbmwreader
Enlisted Member
 
oldbmwreader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e92
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Listen I am far from a newbie at this...I just tried it on a 2012 E92 today the same scipts that you changed on a Frm3 C32..I even showed the guy your post and said to him I bet money it wont work and change those exact lines you mentioned above... I dont need you to prove it to me as I have tried many times on E92s and it doesnt work.

You have PRE-LCI headlamps! We are talking about LCI headlamps my friend...
I have an e92 with an FRM3 and it works. It doesn't work for your LCI e92. Sorry. There's a lot of threads explaining it but for some reason those cars won't work.

OP it can still work with FRM3 or FRM2 we just need your vehicle specs to see which lines you need then you can get that little LED outta there.
oldbmwreader is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2014, 07:47 AM   #12
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: 917-939-4980
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,255
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
I understand your want to help but it was not too cool to make a comment to someone and mock then by saying "and you do remote coding" when in fact it doesn't work for sure on lci with frm3
All lci headlights comes with frm3 factory equipped, and a car that's equipped with pre-lci headlamps with frm3 module obviously has been retrofitted and would work as the wiring to the LEDs are different then lci headlamps, hence that's why it would work in your case. To come out with blazing guns and say someone is wrong is little over the top. There is no wrong or right here as we are all here to try and help. I think the original person that posted has lci headlamps and frm3 module and if that's the case no matter what you look at his trace file it will not work unless its a lci e90.

Last edited by cn555ic; 03-08-2014 at 07:57 AM.
cn555ic is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #13
oldbmwreader
Enlisted Member
 
oldbmwreader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e92
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

It did come off more abrasive than I intended, I meant to convey confusion.

My car wasn't retrofitted, it rolled off the assembly line with it just like thousands of others. From my very first post I asked for more vehicle info, it wasn't clear to me. I felt that a blanket statement like "FRM3 cannot be coded" was pretty harmful as it clearly is not true. Of the 4 configurations of non/LCI and E90/2, three are documented as working so I thought the statement was a bit off since 75% of those configurations might see the comment and believe it, especially as it comes from a vendor who displays specialty in it, which no doubt carries more weight to the reader. Thus I was a bit surprised it was written and by whom.

As you said we are all here to help and I just felt that comment wasn't helping.

It's correct: if OP has LCI e92, they better get used to the corner LEDs. They're kinda pretty..... right?
oldbmwreader is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #14
Monster900
Zeed
 
Monster900's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit, MI

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

I would like to do the same thing. My car is E92 06/2007. I'm not sure which module I should work in cas, nrfm or rfm as I found these files PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_AL vert_01 in one location and PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_AL vert_ 03 in the other and am not sure which file should be changed. Also do I need to change these files or changing SL_V_PO_RL_FKT from akiv to nicht_aktiv will do it so LED's will never turn on.
Monster900 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #15
jcut825
Private
 
jcut825's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: WA

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmwreader View Post
I have an e92 with an FRM3 and it works. It doesn't work for your LCI e92. Sorry. There's a lot of threads explaining it but for some reason those cars won't work.

OP it can still work with FRM3 or FRM2 we just need your vehicle specs to see which lines you need then you can get that little LED outta there.
My car is a pre lci e92 build date 12/2008 sold as a 2009 model. Thanks for all the info guys. I believe frm2
jcut825 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #16
jcut825
Private
 
jcut825's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: WA

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmwreader View Post
Taken straight from my history of changes file on my computer, for FRM3, E92:

Welcome light amber led delete:
WL_POL_3R
hart_einschalten to nicht_aktiv

For the amber LED w/ headlight
PWM_POL_BEI_AKTIVEN_AL
wert_03 to wert_04 [this might be low beam]
PWM_POL_BEI_AKTIVEN_FL
wert_03 to wert_04 [this might be high beam]

To turn off the amber LED on parking light:
SL_FKT_MIT_POL
aktiv to nicht_aktiv

Make sure you post back after confirming.
I am going to give these a shot. I don't mind the led however the passenger side led is out. Rather than open the headlight and mess with it I would rather code them out as it will look good and clean with the lux v4 I got. Thanks for this. I will report back with an update.
jcut825 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #17
Monster900
Zeed
 
Monster900's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit, MI

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcut825 View Post
I am going to give these a shot. I don't mind the led however the passenger side led is out. Rather than open the headlight and mess with it I would rather code them out as it will look good and clean with the lux v4 I got. Thanks for this. I will report back with an update.
Below are the codes to turn it off if your car has FRM2 module. Go to CAS and then NFRM and search the content for these codes. I just did it last weekend and it worked.

SL_V_PO_RL_FKT (parking)
aktiv to nicht_aktiv

PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_AL (low beam)
wert_03 to wert_04

PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_FL (high beam)
wert_03 to wert_04
Monster900 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2014, 12:03 AM   #18
jcut825
Private
 
jcut825's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: WA

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster900 View Post
Below are the codes to turn it off if your car has FRM2 module. Go to CAS and then NFRM and search the content for these codes. I just did it last weekend and it worked.

SL_V_PO_RL_FKT (parking)
aktiv to nicht_aktiv

PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_AL (low beam)
wert_03 to wert_04

PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_FL (high beam)
wert_03 to wert_04
Hey all

We were able to change these:
PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_AL (low beam)
PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_FL (high beam)

However I could not find:
SL_V_PO_RL_FKT or any of the others mentioned in the thread.

We ended up changing something along the lines of:
PWM_SL_V to wert_03 to wert_04 which made the LEDs go off for the welcome feature.

I have not noticed any other issues thus far.

Thanks for the help everyone.
jcut825 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #19
Javy
e92javy
 
Javy's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White E92 M
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Miami

Posts: 972
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcut825 View Post
Hey all

We were able to change these:
PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_AL (low beam)
PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_FL (high beam)

However I could not find:
SL_V_PO_RL_FKT or any of the others mentioned in the thread.

We ended up changing something along the lines of:
PWM_SL_V to wert_03 to wert_04 which made the LEDs go off for the welcome feature.

I have not noticed any other issues thus far.

Thanks for the help everyone.
This worked perfect for me just now. Now I have no amber lighting on my car. Thanks
__________________
Instagram- javy_e92 ---09 335i coupe / M package / Alpine White / Dinan Stage 2 / Alpina B3 Flash / Alufelgen SF71 / ST coils / Lux H8 / 6700k mtech HID / Performance trunk spoiler / Gloss black roof / CF interior wrap / PE Muffler Mod / ETS Charge pipe / Tial BOV / Cyba Quad Diffuser / Cyba Quad Black Chrome tips / Gloss black grills / AW reflectors / LED turn signals / Remote Key +---
Javy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #20
Len_Beach
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 249
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcut825 View Post
Hey all

We were able to change these:
PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_AL (low beam)
PWM_SL_V_BEI_AKTIVEN_FL (high beam)

However I could not find:
SL_V_PO_RL_FKT or any of the others mentioned in the thread.

We ended up changing something along the lines of:
PWM_SL_V to wert_03 to wert_04 which made the LEDs go off for the welcome feature.

I have not noticed any other issues thus far.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Will these also work for an E90 LCI?
Len_Beach is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #21
jcut825
Private
 
jcut825's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: WA

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmwreader View Post
Of the 4 configurations of non/LCI and E90/2, three are documented as working...

It's correct: if OP has LCI e92, they better get used to the corner LEDs. They're kinda pretty..... right?
^^^

Oldbmwreader might know what you need to change but he says it's possible for your lci e90
jcut825 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST