E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E92 values when F32 launches



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Fx1
Banned
 
Drives: Bmw 320D E92
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Mids

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

E92 values when F32 launches

Anyone got any thoughts on the value of the E92 cars when the new F32 drops..

End of production is June 2012 which is only a year away now.. id expect F32 month or so later...
Fx1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
pjs
Colonel
 
pjs's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NORTH

Posts: 2,552
iTrader: (1)

I'd expect them to go down
pjs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
Fox530
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 530d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 392
iTrader: (0)

Try 6 months later - E90 production ends in October but no F30 until the following March for example.
Fox530 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
Boyd1963
Major
 
Boyd1963's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 320d e92
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bournemouth

Posts: 1,301
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox530 View Post
Try 6 months later - E90 production ends in October but no F30 until the following March for example.
How does that work? Will they just have loads of stock built up to fill the gap or will they assume that not many people will be buying?
Boyd1963 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
Fx1
Banned
 
Drives: Bmw 320D E92
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Mids

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

1 series ends in august and is on sale in september for F20
Fx1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,915
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
I'd expect them to go down
+1
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
gIzzE
Major General
 
gIzzE's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 cdi Estate.
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norfolk, UK.

Posts: 5,131
iTrader: (2)

They always do a final edition model with free leather, nav, bluetooth etc. and then have massive dealer contributions, there are already 7000 worth of BMW contributions, see one of the other threads.

So if a 40k car is down to 30k expect a 12 month old one to be down to around 20k, always happens. Then they bounce back up again but takes a while.
gIzzE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Fx1
Banned
 
Drives: Bmw 320D E92
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Mids

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
They always do a final edition model with free leather, nav, bluetooth etc. and then have massive dealer contributions, there are already 7000 worth of BMW contributions, see one of the other threads.

So if a 40k car is down to 30k expect a 12 month old one to be down to around 20k, always happens. Then they bounce back up again but takes a while.
The Z4 sounds more and more appealing every day.. im worried about dropping 20k+ on a 335 now.
Fx1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
gIzzE
Major General
 
gIzzE's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 cdi Estate.
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norfolk, UK.

Posts: 5,131
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx1 View Post
The Z4 sounds more and more appealing every day.. im worried about dropping 20k+ on a 335 now.
Z4 M Coupe mate.
That is what I am looking for, started to slowly creep up in value.
gIzzE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
Hom
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cheshire

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

I thought the coupe isn't going to show up until 2013. It's only last year they did the refresh. Sure the F30 will be out next year, but I'd at least expect the coupe a year after that.
Hom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
Fx1
Banned
 
Drives: Bmw 320D E92
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Mids

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom View Post
I thought the coupe isn't going to show up until 2013. It's only last year they did the refresh. Sure the F30 will be out next year, but I'd at least expect the coupe a year after that.
Well according to info production ends in June 2012.. which makes me think 2013 is unlikely.. also MY 2013 is actually September 2012 which makes sense
Fx1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #12
Fx1
Banned
 
Drives: Bmw 320D E92
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Mids

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542482
Fx1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #13
Irnbrukid
Major
 
Drives: RepMobile
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Scotland

Posts: 1,337
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
They always do a final edition model with free leather, nav, bluetooth etc. and then have massive dealer contributions, there are already 7000 worth of BMW contributions, see one of the other threads.

So if a 40k car is down to 30k expect a 12 month old one to be down to around 20k, always happens. Then they bounce back up again but takes a while.
There isnt 7k worth of contributions.. where u getting these figures from Guy??? Are you talking the finance route?
Yes there is a sports edition with something like 3k of kit, but thats not the way to go if buying a new one i had the quarter dealer support brochure sitting on my lap the day so know exactly what the deals are.

When the new cars start coming, it will affect the prices.. but not until then.
Irnbrukid is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #14
Fx1
Banned
 
Drives: Bmw 320D E92
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Mids

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
There isnt 7k worth of contributions.. where u getting these figures from Guy??? Are you talking the finance route?
Yes there is a sports edition with something like 3k of kit, but thats not the way to go if buying a new one i had the quarter dealer support brochure sitting on my lap the day so know exactly what the deals are.

When the new cars start coming, it will affect the prices.. but not until then.
i need to own the car 2 years to save up my car allowance to buy the next car.. not sure how the F33 will affect the E92 prices..
Fx1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
Hom
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cheshire

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx1 View Post
Well according to info production ends in June 2012.. which makes me think 2013 is unlikely.. also MY 2013 is actually September 2012 which makes sense
I would be gobsmacked if the F32 is released in July 2012. Looking through the posts on f30 most of them point to a 2013 release with a late 2012 debut.
Hom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #16
Fx1
Banned
 
Drives: Bmw 320D E92
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Mids

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom View Post
I would be gobsmacked if the F32 is released in July 2012. Looking through the posts on f30 most of them point to a 2013 release with a late 2012 debut.
i highly doubt bmw will be without a coupe for 6 months id expect september 2012 release like the F20 1 series
Fx1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #17
Irnbrukid
Major
 
Drives: RepMobile
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Scotland

Posts: 1,337
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx1 View Post
i highly doubt bmw will be without a coupe for 6 months id expect september 2012 release like the F20 1 series
Id expect it 6 mnths after the f30/31

Msport 6 months after the release.
Irnbrukid is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
Fx1
Banned
 
Drives: Bmw 320D E92
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Mids

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
Id expect it 6 mnths after the f30/31

Msport 6 months after the release.
F30 in March? which makes my Sept 2012 seem about right...
Fx1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #19
Irnbrukid
Major
 
Drives: RepMobile
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Scotland

Posts: 1,337
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx1 View Post
i need to own the car 2 years to save up my car allowance to buy the next car.. not sure how the F33 will affect the E92 prices..
It will affect the prices the way it will when any new model appears. But when the F3* versions at 6mnths old appear on forecourts it will really affect the prices.

Yeah on the run up to the F3* release the prices will start to soften, but its all relative since you should be able to purchase the car at a reduced price due to the bmw support on the cars that wasnt there earlier in their life.
Irnbrukid is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #20
The_Bear_Yid
BM Noob
 
The_Bear_Yid's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 325i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kent

Posts: 921
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
I'd expect them to go down
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
+1
+2.

All cars depreciate. It's the good and rare ones that will plateau and increase in value.
The_Bear_Yid is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #21
Fx1
Banned
 
Drives: Bmw 320D E92
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Mids

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
It will affect the prices the way it will when any new model appears. But when the F3* versions at 6mnths old appear on forecourts it will really affect the prices.

Yeah on the run up to the F3* release the prices will start to soften, but its all relative since you should be able to purchase the car at a reduced price due to the bmw support on the cars that wasnt there earlier in their life.
i need to get one at the right price and then it wont matter i suppose
Fx1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #22
gIzzE
Major General
 
gIzzE's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 cdi Estate.
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norfolk, UK.

Posts: 5,131
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
There isnt 7k worth of contributions.. where u getting these figures from Guy??? Are you talking the finance route?
Yes there is a sports edition with something like 3k of kit, but thats not the way to go if buying a new one i had the quarter dealer support brochure sitting on my lap the day so know exactly what the deals are.

When the new cars start coming, it will affect the prices.. but not until then.
Was something said in another thread today, I was just saying that if that was being offered already to people then it is bound to effect residuals.

I can't find the thread though.
gIzzE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST