E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How to protect new front splitters



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
335i Pal
Second Lieutenant
 
335i Pal's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 284
iTrader: (1)

How to protect new front splitters

I just installed some new accessories the AE you can see in the pic but also some splitters. One of the main reasons for installing them was that I had major curb damage underneath from the previous owner, it was only visible if got down low, but still bothered me. Now that I have these splitters on how does everyone protect them? Is there some sort of coating or rubber that I can use that will not be visible?
Attached Images
 
__________________
335i E90 | BMS DCI | Black Matte Grill | JB4 | Logic 7 | Sport | Premium | Cold |
335i Pal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Vel13ez
Private
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Pal
I just installed some new accessories the AE you can see in the pic but also some splitters. One of the main reasons for installing them was that I had major curb damage underneath from the previous owner, it was only visible if got down low, but still bothered me. Now that I have these splitters on how does everyone protect them? Is there some sort of coating or rubber that I can use that will not be visible?
Where did u get your splitters from?your our car looks good
Vel13ez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,145
iTrader: (2)

Wow, car is clean
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
2ndname
Autobot
 
2ndname's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i Auto~NO~Go
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: East Bay

Posts: 454
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
Placed mine on, next day after work, found a small rock chip. Probably going to just wrap it after a year, lol.
__________________
2ndname is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
taibanl
Brigadier General
 
taibanl's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NA

Posts: 3,374
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Idk but i did have my bumper curbed by sears auto. The area that was covered with ventureshield was near flawless while the area aft of the clearbra was ground down
__________________
taibanl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
Speedwagon
First Lieutenant
 
Speedwagon's Avatar
 
Drives: Sportwagon
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Colorado

Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel13ez View Post
Where did u get your splitters from?your our car looks good
+1 where?
Speedwagon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
mccannable
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 06 330i mt
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: central fl

Posts: 310
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwagon View Post
+1 where?
+3.

Need to know.
mccannable is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
Astephens94
Slightly modified...
 
Astephens94's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Probably work.

Posts: 287
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.00]
Bubble wrap - lots and lots of bubble wrap
__________________
Astephens94 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #9
dmatre
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

Back into any parking place that has a parking stop or a curb...
dmatre is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
sabbas121
Private
 
sabbas121's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2007 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

splitters

same here let me know where u got them from plz .


and guys how different would these be from the oem style.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-08-BMW-E9...&forceRpt=true
sabbas121 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
335i Pal
Second Lieutenant
 
335i Pal's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 284
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Idk but i did have my bumper curbed by sears auto. The area that was covered with ventureshield was near flawless while the area aft of the clearbra was ground down
Thanks have to look into ventureshield.
__________________
335i E90 | BMS DCI | Black Matte Grill | JB4 | Logic 7 | Sport | Premium | Cold |
335i Pal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
335i Pal
Second Lieutenant
 
335i Pal's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 284
iTrader: (1)

Here is where I got them from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280924449384...84.m1497.l2649

They are a Taiwanese seller, and did great work and excellent communication. The package they sent were extremely well protected and got here lighting quick for being that far. The best part was that for $147ish I got the splitters and they were painted! 3M tape was already applied and glue was also provided, all I had to do was fit and pull the tape off. Barely any glue was used, except towards the center of the grill becuase there was a slight gap. Over all extremely happy.
__________________
335i E90 | BMS DCI | Black Matte Grill | JB4 | Logic 7 | Sport | Premium | Cold |
335i Pal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #13
335i Pal
Second Lieutenant
 
335i Pal's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 284
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Wow, car is clean
Thanks I try to keep it simple and clean.
__________________
335i E90 | BMS DCI | Black Matte Grill | JB4 | Logic 7 | Sport | Premium | Cold |
335i Pal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
Stangorang
Major
 
Stangorang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Pal View Post
Here is where I got them from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280924449384...84.m1497.l2649

They are a Taiwanese seller, and did great work and excellent communication. The package they sent were extremely well protected and got here lighting quick for being that far. The best part was that for $147ish I got the splitters and they were painted! 3M tape was already applied and glue was also provided, all I had to do was fit and pull the tape off. Barely any glue was used, except towards the center of the grill becuase there was a slight gap. Over all extremely happy.
They will chip and look like crap in about a year if you do much highway driving. I can promise that. Just be ready to replace them. These Taiwanese parts have the worst paint.

I suggest buying the splitters from a forum vendor who will back their paint work with some sort of warranty.
Stangorang is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #15
335i Pal
Second Lieutenant
 
335i Pal's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 284
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangorang View Post
They will chip and look like crap in about a year if you do much highway driving. I can promise that. Just be ready to replace them. These Taiwanese parts have the worst paint.

I suggest buying the splitters from a forum vendor who will back their paint work with some sort of warranty.
Lets hope not! The paint just as good as it does on my car so we will see. Already have taken them on a few road trips and so far so good.
__________________
335i E90 | BMS DCI | Black Matte Grill | JB4 | Logic 7 | Sport | Premium | Cold |
335i Pal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST