BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Weird Tickin Flapping Scraping Noise Coming From Belt Engine Area!!

03-31-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi Coupe

Weird Tickin Flapping Scraping Noise Coming From Belt Engine Area!!

2008 335xi coupe
146000 km
Recently did the oil filter housing gasket job
Going to the dealership tomorrow to get the crank shaft seal
fixed that most likeky got damaged when I shredded my belt a month back

After the ofhg job the car started leaking again right away and I have been adding oil in small amounts for past couple of weeks waiting for this BMW dealership appointment. Always have a big pool of oil every morning still leaks bad.

Car was driving fine up till today - went for a drive not to fast but for an hour or two... Didnt hear any noise from anywhere got back home... had the idea to lift the hood as to let the engine cool down and not be so hot (maybe shouldnt have done that?)

Got back in the car after leaving the hood up for a a few hours start her up and I hear this ticking noise like a scrapping or rubbing the wrong way type of noise that made me think something happened to the serpentine belt again... When I hit the gas the noise is like a dentist drill doing a root canal and the car doesnt sound normal at all.

Drives normal to an extend RPMs seem to be a lil wonky... Any thoughts on what could be happening here and what I should tell the dealership tomorrow when I get there and do you think I will even make it the 20 min drive there? I dont want to cause more damage ... Should I get it towed?

Seems like nothing but problems with this car and I cant even drive it properly with out being scared of something breaking down... Time to trade out of it but I love the N54

Thanks for the advice!!
Appreciate 0