E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Canada Announces Limited E90 335xi xDrive Sedan Special Edition With Power Kit



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #441
firsttimer
Private
0

 
Drives: BMW 335
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton


Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
Hey Morphius, can you post a pick of your car with the 3m guard? I'm tempted to put it on mine as well (hood and full front bumpber) but the store manager said since its black, the seams would be more prominent.

Thanks.
The pics I posted had the rock guard on the bumper and part of the hood as well as the mirrors. Check back on page 15 & 16.

I ended up going to extreme tinting in Edmonton and added the skirts on each side up to the wheel for rocks flying off from the tires for the front and back wheel. As well as the 2 strips beside the windsheild and the the front of the roof. You cant notice any of it except if you look closely on the front hood..but if you do full hood guard, you wont be able to tell at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #442
sy2767
Captain
No_Country
21

 
sy2767's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335 XDRIVE
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ft Mcmurray


Posts: 821
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
Regina is owned by Dilawri - they are a huge group (both Calgary dealerships among many others) and, as much as I hate to say it, are very well run in a number of respects. First and foremost, you can examine ALL of their inventory, new and used. Most have only used available.

Second, because they are so big, they seem to get vehicles that others don't. I'm not sure how often that happens, but frequently enough.

Third, (nasty part coming) they are fairly high priced, but are open to negotiation. Maybe one just ends up in the 'right place' anyway!

sy2767, where are you located?
Brandon,Manitoba. 2 hours west of Winnipeg.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #443
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada


Posts: 293
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
The pics I posted had the rock guard on the bumper and part of the hood as well as the mirrors. Check back on page 15 & 16.

I ended up going to extreme tinting in Edmonton and added the skirts on each side up to the wheel for rocks flying off from the tires for the front and back wheel. As well as the 2 strips beside the windsheild and the the front of the roof. You cant notice any of it except if you look closely on the front hood..but if you do full hood guard, you wont be able to tell at all.
Really? Didn't even notice it at all.

I got quoted for $850 for putting the 3m on the whole of the front bumper, part of hood, mirror, some parts of the fender of the wheels. Good deal or cold?
__________________
'11 E90 335xi, ZRS, ZRW, ZKK

'13 Kawasaki ZX-6R ABS
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #444
morphius909
Lieutenant
7

 
morphius909's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta


Posts: 546
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
Really? Didn't even notice it at all.

I got quoted for $850 for putting the 3m on the whole of the front bumper, part of hood, mirror, some parts of the fender of the wheels. Good deal or cold?
VERY COLD.

Shouldn't pay more then 500 for that...
__________________


2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 03:41 AM   #445
kelolo
New Member
0

 
Drives: 335xi special edition 2011
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto


Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
Mine came with bridgestone potenza re050a
I read many reviews about this tire, "awful...worst.." appear most...

Hope it's not true...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #446
taxbuster
Private
Canada
1

 
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive SE
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary, AB


Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelolo View Post
I read many reviews about this tire, "awful...worst.." appear most...

Hope it's not true...
I'll be finding out soon....haven't really been able to give 'em a workout yet.

OTOH, that's what you get and the only other choice is to replace them and sell the Potenzas (if you can).
__________________
Current: 2011 335i xdrive Special Edition, AT (sigh), Executive, M-sport, Ruby Black on Oyster
Fondly remembered:
2009 335i xdrive / 2007 328i / 2001 330i / 1997 535i / 1973 2002 ("the Dub")
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #447
cgy-jim
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: 2011 335Xi, Special Edition
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Calgary


Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Yeah, the dealership put on my winters so I won't know for a while, but they do look amazing on the other ruby one that I saw at the shop. Very low profile - guess we'll find out in the springtime...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #448
DDS2015
Major
Canada
14

 
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI 328i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg/Minneapolis


Posts: 1,040
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sy2767 View Post
Brandon,Manitoba. 2 hours west of Winnipeg.
You should try talking directly to the sales manager. It could be that that particular one is sold (I know which one you're talking about as I saw it when I picked up my car a few weeks ago). It can be very challenging to get ahold of the salespeople at times, thats why once I had my "initial quote" for my new car I just spoke to the sales manager (Gord) from there on in. Very courteous and professional, and because the quote was drawn up and we were just talking numbers at that point everything was finished up in less than 2 days.

Birchwood makes very good deals, IMO. My E90 is the 4th BMW we've purchased from them in 3 years and I got close to 8k off MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #449
pyceasyas123
Captain
13

 
pyceasyas123's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 831
iTrader: (10)

Incase you guys are interested in lux angel eyes. Check out this group buy on the m3 forum. Looks like there are people buying from calgary and toronto.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10708738
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #450
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada


Posts: 293
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
Incase you guys are interested in lux angel eyes. Check out this group buy on the m3 forum. Looks like there are people buying from calgary and toronto.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10708738
Just becareful when you install them......its a pain to do on the e90. I got annoyed half way and just unmounted the water pump on the passenger side and the electrical bracket on the driver side to have wiggle room. Cut up my hand a little and I have small hands too!
__________________
'11 E90 335xi, ZRS, ZRW, ZKK

'13 Kawasaki ZX-6R ABS
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #451
morphius909
Lieutenant
7

 
morphius909's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta


Posts: 546
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
Hey Morphius, can you post a pick of your car with the 3m guard? I'm tempted to put it on mine as well (hood and full front bumpber) but the store manager said since its black, the seams would be more prominent.

Thanks.
This is how the 3m looks when my car is dirty:
Attached Images
  
__________________


2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #452
pyceasyas123
Captain
13

 
pyceasyas123's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 831
iTrader: (10)

^looks pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #453
firsttimer
Private
0

 
Drives: BMW 335
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton


Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius909 View Post
This is how the 3m looks when my car is dirty:
Did you get the 3M at the dealership...I got the hood rock guard at the dealership as part of a bigger package but they said the lights were not part of the standard package. I got the lights done at another place...I didnt get the fog lights as apparently it would get too hot.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 01:51 PM   #454
morphius909
Lieutenant
7

 
morphius909's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta


Posts: 546
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
Did you get the 3M at the dealership...I got the hood rock guard at the dealership as part of a bigger package but they said the lights were not part of the standard package. I got the lights done at another place...I didnt get the fog lights as apparently it would get too hot.
I got TINT and 3M at Garageworks near the Old City Center Airport.

one of the blokes here recommended it to me and they did a fantastic job.
__________________


2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #455
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada


Posts: 293
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Thanks for the pics.

I'm still looking for a place to do it at a decent price. Nothing yet unfortunately.
__________________
'11 E90 335xi, ZRS, ZRW, ZKK

'13 Kawasaki ZX-6R ABS
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 03:16 PM   #456
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
2

 
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition
Join Date: May 2008
Location: montréal!


Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Any new deliveries?

The guy who's in charge of me at Laval here still can't provide any info other than : your car is in Halifax.

I'm starting to wonder if I could not simply get a SUPER deal on a regular 335 ...

Last edited by B Brownburry; 10-31-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #457
firsttimer
Private
0

 
Drives: BMW 335
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton


Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post
Any new deliveries?

The guy who's in charge of me at Laval here still can't provide any info other than : your car is in Halifax.

I'm starting to wonder if I could not simply get a SUPER deal on a regular 335 ...
I was tempted to do that since I was expecting mine just after labour day after ordering it in early August...I finally got mine in mid-October. I would wait, a fully loaded regular 335 still doesnt come close to this one and it costs more, unless they throw in a bunch of freebies which is unlikly (ie 19in wheels and M features). It will be worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #458
firsttimer
Private
0

 
Drives: BMW 335
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton


Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius909 View Post
I got TINT and 3M at Garageworks near the Old City Center Airport.

one of the blokes here recommended it to me and they did a fantastic job.
Did they do lights as well?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #459
kelolo
New Member
0

 
Drives: 335xi special edition 2011
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto


Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Finally picked up my baby. Yes, I love it so much

Oddly enough though I saw connected drive option, and BMW APPs option.
Will try my iphone late tonight since I didn't have the white cable with me when I was picking up my car. I checked the performance power kit is there, but the same question, how do I know if the correct software is installed?

The sound is amazing, it does ROAR lol.

The 19" rim is beatiful, but the tire noise is a little too loud imo.

Will let you guys know after I tried out the APPs.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 08:33 PM   #460
Special Ed
New Member
0

 
Drives: e90 Special Edition
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto


Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelolo View Post
Finally picked up my baby. Yes, I love it so much

Oddly enough though I saw connected drive option, and BMW APPs option.
Will try my iphone late tonight since I didn't have the white cable with me when I was picking up my car. I checked the performance power kit is there, but the same question, how do I know if the correct software is installed?

The sound is amazing, it does ROAR lol.

The 19" rim is beatiful, but the tire noise is a little too loud imo.

Will let you guys know after I tried out the APPs.
Congrats! I am jealous. Today I got my delivery date moved for at least the fifth time, from Wed to Thurs or Fri of this week. I have been promised that ALL options will be installed. Can't wait to experience it! Post pics if you can.
__________________
2011 335 X Drive Special Edition | Ruby Black
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 08:47 PM   #461
pyceasyas123
Captain
13

 
pyceasyas123's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 831
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelolo View Post
Finally picked up my baby. Yes, I love it so much

Oddly enough though I saw connected drive option, and BMW APPs option.
Will try my iphone late tonight since I didn't have the white cable with me when I was picking up my car. I checked the performance power kit is there, but the same question, how do I know if the correct software is installed?

The sound is amazing, it does ROAR lol.

The 19" rim is beatiful, but the tire noise is a little too loud imo.

Will let you guys know after I tried out the APPs.
congrats on the car. post pics! is yours a jerez black?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 10:07 PM   #462
morphius909
Lieutenant
7

 
morphius909's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta


Posts: 546
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
Did they do lights as well?
They probably do...I never asked but I should look at getting lights done...maybe DIY for me now...
__________________


2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST