E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth issues

11-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #23
lumbergh
Private
Rep

Drives: BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschweitzer
I have a Blackberry 7290. When first starting out the day, the phone pairs to my 2006 325i. When I shut the car off, and then turn it on again, the 2 don't pair up. If I wait several hours and try, it will pair. I had the same problem with an HP IPAQ 6315. I had my software updated mid September. Any ideas? I can't understand why it works when the car is 'cold' but won't pair repeatedly.
At first I had the same problem with my Razr. I would have to use the phone and look for the car. I had to do this with my bluetooth earpiece at first also. Now it works fine. I'm not sure what the deal was. It acted that way for the first 5 or so days now it pairs extremely quickly. Almost like it had to be trained or something. If I'm on a call and I get into the car and turn it on, the next thing I know is that the call is over my radio within a second or two. I was at the BMW dealer and I guess my car was on because while I was in the waiting room I made a call and it paired to my car from like 20 feet away. I had to turn the bluetooth off to make the call.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #24
alexk_e90
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i ZSP

Update. Got my car into the dealership last week and they installed CIP20 to try to resolve the issues I've seen. No dice, but they have a work request in trying to figure out what the problem is. Interesting enough, they found that the Razr has a particular sensitivity to the BMW bluetooth. They hope to get me a work around soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #25
boas1
Private
Rep

Drives: BMW 325xi 2006

Blackberry 7100g and 325xi

I am going into the dealer service dept next Saturday for update # SIB 84-25-05. With RIM to come out with ver 4.1 for the 7100 by the end of the month, I am hoping that after that my 7100g will pair and work. Right now its about 2 out of 10 times.

Sept production, no nav, BMW Assist, Auto
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #26
kingston_e90
Rep

Drives: Tit, Black, Wood

Blackberry 7250

Have a Blackberry 7250 and the Bluetooth pairing worked the first time and everytime since. Unfortunately, RIM products are not totally compatable with the phonebook but maybe someday. I would never have another car without Bluetooth phone capabilities. What a great feature to accent a simply amazing car.
Appreciate 0