E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > ATTENTION Ron Paul Supporters

08-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #67
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
Ronald Reagan used to be a democrat before he turned into a super conservative president.
and your point?

perry is different from reagan. The fact is Perry is corrupted with special interests. He has flip-flopped on his views more than any one. He was trying to force teen girls to receive a hpv vaccine that was made by the pharmaceutical company, Merk. Merk hired his former political advisor as lobbyist and donated to his campaign.

"Merck, the vaccine's maker, donated $6,000 to Perry's 2006 re-election.
...and [Merck] paid Perry's former chief of staff big money to lobby for them, the ad says.
It's also true Merck hired Perry's former chief of staff as a lobbyist. A graphic in the ad implies the lobbyist received $260,000, but that is misleading since Texas Ethics Commission records show the most he could have made at the time is $50,000."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/Re...-98882579.html
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #68
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Look at Rasmussen. Theirs are the most accurate and independent, they were perfectly accurate for 2008 and 2010.
You just take random words and put them together. '08 and '10 were election years, '11 is not.

Look at the polls right after we killed bin Laden, or look at the polls for congress (much worse than Obama). So what does all this mean? Nothing, except the obvious - when the economy's stalling, following a huge recession, and the stock market is unstable, and housing prices are down, and politicians are just bickering - people are unhappy, so they say that everyone sucks. If the focus changes, the polls change.

Right now, we're in the middle of 2 years of a bunch of repubs going around the country, telling us how we're supposed to feel. Do you think that any of them are admitting that the Obama admin is doing better at recovering from a recession than Reagan did? Of course not.

You conservatives are so comically confused. Out of one side of your ass, you say that the US is full of lazy freeloaders looking for handouts, but when these people are surveyed in a poll, they suddenly represent the voice of the nation, out the other side of your ass.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #69
Echo M3
Major
No_Country

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
and your point?

perry is different from reagan. The fact is Perry is corrupted with special interests. He has flip-flopped on his views more than any one. He was trying to force teen girls to receive a hpv vaccine that was made by the pharmaceutical company, Merk. Merk hired his former political advisor as lobbyist and donated to his campaign.

"Merck, the vaccine's maker, donated $6,000 to Perry's 2006 re-election.
...and [Merck] paid Perry's former chief of staff big money to lobby for them, the ad says.
It's also true Merck hired Perry's former chief of staff as a lobbyist. A graphic in the ad implies the lobbyist received $260,000, but that is misleading since Texas Ethics Commission records show the most he could have made at the time is $50,000."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/Re...-98882579.html
C'mon, he was just makin sure his brahs don't get oral cancer when they go down south
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #70
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Yawn... Boooooring. Why would I bother RE-posting stuff that has already been covered ad nauseum in multiple threads?

But getting MY vote isn't even Ron Paul's problem. I'm not voting in the Republican Primaries, it's his fellow Tea Party Republicans that he needs to convince to vote for him. Right now he can't beat the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and The Wicked Witch of the (mid) West, so MY vote won't matter. Here's a more interesting question:

Why do Tea Party REPUBLICANS dislike Ron Paul so much that he's an also-ran in the Republican Primary poll numbers? Answer that, if you can.

GOP Primary: Perry 29%, Romney 18%, Bachmann 13%, Ron Paul 9%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...18_bachmann_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do you dislike Ron paul so much???...other than religion and abortion issues and crap like that, what other things(actually imp things) bothers you so much about Paul???

Cause in my mind you represent the avg person who loves Bill Maher and embrace demo ways, so I am curious what bothers you so much about what Paul has said about the economy and about civil liberties and foreign affairs.

Not trying to argue with you here(this time hehe) but just curious.

I am not going to reply to your comment about whether Paul has believed in what he preaching now for 10 yrs, 20 yrs or even 50...that is inane and silly and not worth the time.

Last edited by 11Series; 08-17-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #71
Echo M3
Major
No_Country

Drives: E90 M3

He's disliked by the Tea Party due to some of his positions that appear to be left leaning, like military and foreign isolationism, legalizing drugs and prostitution, etc. Not exactly appealing to social conservatives!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #72
mact3333
Captain

Drives: 11' Audi S4

Funny...you need to understand commodity trading abit better...money didnt go from popping real estate mkt into commodities...so the avg american has a futures account and gonna trade up grain, oil, cotton, copper, platinum???.

Now some real estate money did go into the gold trade.

After the real estate mkt popped , did they buy alot more clothes, drive alot more, start buying more ring bands, start eating more hence driving up commodity prices?....hhmmm.

If you think that the rise in gold and commodities in general isnt related to the US dollar weakening you are crazy.

The commodity trade isnt in a bubble yet...you prob think gold is at a bubble top also...there are clear signs when a bubble is happening and you dont obviously know what the signs are...dont worry, just know I sold my excess real estate in late 2005.......and i havent sold my gold yet but one day will.

Please stick with the politics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Commodities are going up because there is a commodity bubble, triggered directly by the bursting of the Real Estate bubble and the 2008 market crash. Money went straight from Real Estate and stocks into Commodities and gold.

It's funny that you seem to understand the Real Estate bubble (now that it's burst) but cannot recognize the obvious commodity bubble, and mistake the effects of the commodity bubble with actual inflation.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #73
mact3333
Captain

Just name 3 things....will take you 3 min's......yeah didnt think so...

Quote:
Yawn... Boooooring. Why would I bother RE-posting stuff that has already been covered ad nauseum in multiple threads?

But getting MY vote isn't even Ron Paul's problem. I'm not voting in the Republican Primaries, it's his fellow Tea Party Republicans that he needs to convince to vote for him. Right now he can't beat the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and The Wicked Witch of the (mid) West, so MY vote won't matter. Here's a more interesting question:

Why do Tea Party REPUBLICANS dislike Ron Paul so much that he's an also-ran in the Republican Primary poll numbers? Answer that, if you can.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #74
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
C'mon, he was just makin sure his brahs don't get oral cancer when they go down south
this was for 6th graders lol

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #75
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Wait, S
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #76
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

What do you think Obama will run on? He can't run on his agenda and what he's done because everything he's has been widely unpopular and a failure. So his other option is attacking republicans; how long would that last? He's a lost cause, I continue to wonder why the democrats don't want to have someone besides Barack Obama run against republicans in 2012.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #77
11Series

I laugh.

1) you somehow think retail market investors move the market, as if institutional investors and hedge funds aren't the primary drivers. Yes, institutional and hedge fund investors DID get out of Real Estate (CDO's, mortgage funds, etc) and moved into commodities and gold. The numbers are all publicly available.

2) you somehow have missed the entire ETF commodity product for retail investors. You don't have to go trade yourself on the floor to invest in commodities.

3) you somehow have missed that demand has DROPPED due to unemployment, yet commodity prices have gone up regardless. People didn't move out of their house and go on consumer spending spree's. They lost their job, lost their house, and live in their relative's basements trying to not spend any money at all.

I pity your clients you give financial advice to. I'm just an amateur retail investor, and I know about this stuff you seem to be completely clueless about. You are letting your politics get in the way of your financial analysis. You should get out of politics.

Quote:
Funny...you need to understand commodity trading abit better...money didnt go from popping real estate mkt into commodities...so the avg american has a futures account and gonna trade up grain, oil, cotton, copper, platinum???.

Now some real estate money did go into the gold trade.

After the real estate mkt popped , did they buy alot more clothes, drive alot more, start buying more ring bands, start eating more hence driving up commodity prices?....hhmmm.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #78
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Look at Rasmussen. Theirs are the most accurate and independent, they were perfectly accurate for 2008 and 2010.
not really...

40 point error is not all that accurate.
      08-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #79
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, why do you dislike Ron paul so much???...other than religion and abortion issues and crap like that, what other things(actually imp things) bothers you so much about Paul???
I'll bite.

Although I like many of his libertarian ideas, he's a non-starter. In other words, his ideas about dismantling the govt are so radical, they would never get anywhere in this country. Look at how hard it is just to make tiny little changes to spending, taxes, or govt programs. So he comes along and says, "let's put 95% of the financial burden on our states". It would be anarchy, except it wouldn't, because he wouldn't get congressional support for anything.

You see, unlike you, I'm not under the dome of propaganda that says democrats invented social programs/ entitlements, and that democrats want to expand these things, and are not concerned about fraud and waste. That's a myth. Truth is, there are just as many repubs who love their medicaire, social security, and veterans benefits, that I'm not deluded into thinking that I have to vote for some radical libertarian-republican, just to get the civil liberties that democrats have always upheld.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #80
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States

Quote:
What do you think Obama will run on? He can't run on his agenda and what he's done because everything he's has been widely unpopular and a failure. So his other option is attacking republicans; how long would that last? He's a lost cause, I continue to wonder why the democrats don't want to have someone besides Barack Obama run against republicans in 2012.
Because everything you say is 100% bull!!! That's why.

He's the only president in like 50 years to actually pass some form of healthcare reform, which is something that Americans have been asking for, for decades, despite whatever you think.

He ended the recession, the stimulus worked fantastically, and all the large companies that were bankrupt when he took office are now doing great.

And as you know, your precious stock market is up 100% from its low in 2009.

He reversed a lot of the freedoms that were taken away by Bush, he pulled the troops out of Iraq, and, oh, he killed bin Laden.

He's vastly improved our relations with the rest of the nations, and, let's see...... oh I know - we haven't been attacked in this country during his presidency.

Anything else, genius?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #81
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States

Oh, and he's also extremely bright, well spoken, he has a great sense of humor, he's a good father, and Michelle's a very likeable first lady. Of course, this is only what most Americans think, I'm sure you can't get past your hate, racism, and propaganda mantra to see that.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #82
11Series

Quote:
Wait, S
FINALLY a post from you that didn't have any factual errors!!! Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 10:10 PM   #83
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Quote:
Wait, S
Damn, my post didn't post fully again. What I wrote was: You think the freeloaders and welfare recipients would ever vote conservative? Haha, that makes no sense.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #84
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:

We had this one wing-nut from Georgia here when I joined in 2008. He sounded exactly like this tool, but disappeared right before Obama got elected. I guess he could not deal with the complete defeat.

His username was ganeil. Douchebag of giant proportions.

Last edited by solefald; 08-17-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #85
mact3333
Captain

Now I have seen it all...you are repeating what I told you months ago...you must have forgotten where you learned that......do some dd to learn about financial mkts and commodities...it is all dollar based, period...if you dont believe me why does commodities and gold move opposite the USD 95% of the time??...so when the dollar goes down, you mean HF's and institutions go long everytime and in coordinated fashion?...once again you know just enough to be dangerous.......I follow the effective volume on institutions almost everyday and I can tell you once again you have no idea what your talking about.

Sure retail can trade etf's but by your own admission retail doesnt mean jack as far as price mkt right?...

Your point #3 proves my point...you repeated what I said, with a recession people didnt go out and buy things that would drive up demand for commodities...hence it is based on the value of the dollar...why cant you understand this simple concept...

Once again you assume and make an ass out of yourself...who said I was in the financial industry?......anyone who understands the economy and the equity mkts on here will see through your superficial knowledge base...it should be clear to all who is the fraud when it comes to finances......as I said before, stick to politics.

Quote:
I laugh.

1) you somehow think retail market investors move the market, as if institutional investors and hedge funds aren't the primary drivers. Yes, institutional and hedge fund investors DID get out of Real Estate (CDO's, mortgage funds, etc) and moved into commodities and gold. The numbers are all publicly available.

2) you somehow have missed the entire ETF commodity product for retail investors. You don't have to go trade yourself on the floor to invest in commodities.

3) you somehow have missed that demand has DROPPED due to unemployment, yet commodity prices have gone up regardless. People didn't move out of their house and go on consumer spending spree's. They lost their job, lost their house, and live in their relative's basements trying to not spend any money at all.

I pity your clients you give financial advice to. I'm just an amateur retail investor, and I know about this stuff you seem to be completely clueless about. You are letting your politics get in the way of your financial analysis. You should get out of politics.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #86
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Oh, and he's also extremely bright, well spoken, he has a great sense of humor, he's a good father, and Michelle's a very likeable first lady. Of course, this is only what most Americans think, I'm sure you can't get past your hate, racism, and propaganda mantra to see that.
Yes, they're so likable Americans will fully put behind them all of the Obama family hypocrisies. First: Michelle wants to control our foods and make us eat healthy while she loads up on cake and 1500 calorie burgers. Obama and Michelle constantly go on vacations while the people are out of jobs and struggling. And I'm not racist? Is that your only attack for republicans, calling them racist because they oppose someone politically just because they're black. If anyones racist it's the democrats, you hear rappers with songs like "My President is black," 95% of African Americans who vote voted for Obama, the KKK was a majority of southern democrats as well. Abraham Lincoln emancipated the slaves and he happened to be republican, perhaps your history is a bit off I guess.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #87
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Michelle wants to control our foods and make us eat healthy
HOW DARE SHE!!!!!111111 IMPEACH OBAMA!!!!!!111111

Quote:
Obama and Michelle constantly go on vacations while the people are out of jobs and struggling.
http://www.politicususa.com/en/obama-bush-vacation

Quote:
Bush spent 1,020 days of his presidency on vacation. To put this into context, John F. Kennedy spent fewer days in office, 1000, than George W. Bush spent on vacation. Bush spent 487 days at Camp David, 490 days at his Crawford ranch, and 43 days in Kennebunkport. George W. Bush spent 69 days in Crawford during his first year in office. In contrast, according to FactCheck.org, Obama spent all, or part of, 26 days of his first year in office on vacation. This was less than all three previous Republican presidents, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush, but more than the two previous Democratic presidents, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.
      08-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #88
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Quote:
Because everything you say is 100% bull!!! That's why.

He's the only president in like 50 years to actually pass some form of healthcare reform, which is something that Americans have been asking for, for decades, despite whatever you think.

He ended the recession, the stimulus worked fantastically, and all the large companies that were bankrupt when he took office are now doing great.

And as you know, your precious stock market is up 100% from its low in 2009.

He reversed a lot of the freedoms that were taken away by Bush, he pulled the troops out of Iraq, and, oh, he killed bin Laden.

He's vastly improved our relations with the rest of the nations, and, let's see...... oh I know - we haven't been attacked in this country during his presidency.

Anything else, genius?
Obama passed, jammed really, a hc reform bill that had on average 36-43% support nationwide. I mean in Massachusetts, the bluest of blue states, a republican won just so Obamacare wouldn't pass! Also, the stimulus was a failure and its support was in the low 30s if not less. He has put more soldiers into war than taken them out if you don't know; does Libya and sending 30k troops in 2009 in Iraq ring a bell? Improved our relations with other nations???? If you count bowing to dictators and such then fine but America and the world sees us as weak and incompetent. Obama didn't fix the markets, you think they would have continually gone down from their lows? Haha. You're wrong on everything. Oh, and he's also increased the debt by over 40% at the moment. He's a goner in the 2012 elections. Look at his approval ratings, from MSNBC and Rasmussen to Real Clear Politics, Fox, CBS, CNN, Rasmussen and others. You won't find his approval more than 44% at the most liberal of polls, something that should hint to you he's in trouble.
Appreciate 0