E90Post

Bimmertech

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Cobb Not Installing 2009 e92?? Help

07-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
brandfay
Private

Drives: AW '13 E92 M3

Cobb Not Installing 2009 e92?? Help

I followed the intructions on how to install properly. After I hook up and cycle on, it says not recognized when I click install.

What can be done?
      07-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
ModBargains.com
Banned

Drives: JB E92 335i

Did you recently take your car in to get serviced? They may have updated your car with a new ROM that is not recognized by COBB. If your ROM is coming up as being unrecognized please follow the instructions below:

AccessPORT User Dump Tool for downloading ROMs

What it does
The AccessPORT User Dump allows users to dump unknown ECU firmware in the field. It will only be enabled if the vehicle identification fails. Otherwise, it is unavailable. Once used, the feature disappears as the device state is set back to "Uninstalled".

Before connecting to the vehicle, please update your AccessPORT firmware to the latest firmware by running the AccessPORT Manager software.

How to use it
* Select "Install".
* If the vehicle identification fails, an identification error will be displayed.

The device state is set to "Unknown Rom" and "User Tools" will be enabled.

Select "User Tools" and wait for a successful user dump.

* In some cases, the vehicle may not be supported on the device and an error will show instead of the dump proceeding.
* For vehicles that have test-mode connectors, please make sure the test mode connectors are connected before selecting "User Tools" menu.

After a successful dump, connect the AccessPORT to the AccessPORT Manager and safe the file onto your computer in the Manage tab.

* Email the ROM to rom@cobbtuning.com. Please include Make, Model, Year and Transmission Type (Manual, Automatic, DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) in the body of your email.
* To delete the ROM from the AccessPORT: Highlight the file(s) and click on "Delete File(s)" button on the right or press the Delete key on your keyboard.

Hope that helps out sir!
ModBargains.com is offline   United_States
      07-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
pHo_e92
Captain

Drives: SGM e92

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.63]
2000 BMW 323i  [3.00]
1997 Honda Civic HB  [5.00]
2007 BMW X5 4.8  [5.00]
try updating your AP on the pc with the beta option checked in options. when my software got updated i had to update my AP with beta checked.

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS | Ground Control | Vortex Tuning |
pHo_e92 is offline   Canada
      07-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
etichi
Slow,fast,slow, then you die.

Drives: 335i 07,AA short shifter, COBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandfay View Post
I followed the intructions on how to install properly. After I hook up and cycle on, it says not recognized when I click install.

What can be done?
Have you had the tune installed previously and now it isn't working? Or are you attempting this for the first time?
etichi is offline   United_States
      07-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
brandfay
Private

Drives: AW '13 E92 M3

cobb turned around in less then 5 hours with a rom that would install the software properly. running stage 1 93 and the power is awesome
      07-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
ModBargains.com
Banned

Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandfay View Post
cobb turned around in less then 5 hours with a rom that would install the software properly. running stage 1 93 and the power is awesome
Glad to hear you got it all taken care of sir
ModBargains.com is offline   United_States