E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > My TT 1/4 Mile Times



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
jacksonjw81
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335I
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft. Huachuca, Arizona

Posts: 176
iTrader: (2)

My TT 1/4 Mile Times

This was my first time ever at a track, no prep work, no power braking to launch, I just went.

It is the SIR strip in Tucson, Az elevation is about 3100 ft.



I beat a 2005 GTO and a 2005 Vette. Most of the guys were running high 13s low 14s even the Vettes, GTOs, Mustangs, unless they had huge power. Even the GTO with a procharger, headers, exhaust, etc..ran a 13.2 with a 107 MPH trap. A blown 2005 mustang ran a 13.6. So I was right in the thick of things.

I was only able to do three runs because they had two accidents which caused huge delays in between running, and since I have to work on Saturdays I left.

My friends SRT-4 was running 12.3 trapping 122 MPH.

This is all my very first run
R/T a crappy .322
60' 2.32
330-5.97
1/8-8.915
MPH-84.36
1000-11.426
1/4-13.546
MPH-106.53

The only thing I did was push the DTC button once.
jacksonjw81 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 01:34 AM   #2
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
 
Evo8MRto335I's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tucson

Posts: 968
iTrader: (1)

Jason,

It was nice seing you there. I left the track after the accident then came back 20 minutes after and ran a 13.1@104.

You did very well considering the altitude. I ran at that track for the last 5 year(probably ran about 8 different cars consistently and about 250 plus passes all together), I am telling you that your times weren't that bad at all.

You just need to work on your 60',that is all. Your trap speed equal to 110mph or more at sea level and your et is close to 13 flat. It was nice meeting you.

Carlos
__________________
2009' C63 AMG, 2011' C300
Evo8MRto335I is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 01:36 AM   #3
topher04r1
Private
 
Drives: 335i blue
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: tucson az

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

wow ... people in my own backyard !!!! .... .let me know next time you guys are going to run !!


---Topher
www.tucsonsports.biz
topher04r1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 01:44 AM   #4
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
 
Evo8MRto335I's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tucson

Posts: 968
iTrader: (1)

Jason,

just for the heck of it, compare your 335i vs my past cars at the same track:

98 GTI VR6 15.7@91 air filter
91 Honda Civic SI 16.8@88 header,air filter,cat back
91 Honda CRX SI 16.8@85
2003 WRX 13.2@104 with $7000 in mods(biggest POS ever owned)
94 Dodge Stealth R/T TT 13.4@102 3"tb,MBC,CAI
05 BMW f650 motorbike 14.5@90 stock
05 Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR 12.4@110 many bolt ons but stock turbo,and IC
06 Evo 9 12.5@112 ($1100 in mods)3"tb,cai.mbc,flash
91 GSX 14.3@95 (Evo III turbo,2.5tb,mbc,cai)
95 GSX 15.4@90 stock, 13.1@104 now with bolt- ons

Carlos
__________________
2009' C63 AMG, 2011' C300
Evo8MRto335I is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 02:04 AM   #5
Jeff@Eurobahn.us
Captain
 
Jeff@Eurobahn.us's Avatar
 
Drives: European
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 752
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonjw81 View Post
This was my first time ever at a track, no prep work, no power braking to launch, I just went.

It is the SIR strip in Tucson, Az elevation is about 3100 ft.



I beat a 2005 GTO and a 2005 Vette. Most of the guys were running high 13s low 14s even the Vettes, GTOs, Mustangs, unless they had huge power. Even the GTO with a procharger, headers, exhaust, etc..ran a 13.2 with a 107 MPH trap. A blown 2005 mustang ran a 13.6. So I was right in the thick of things.

I was only able to do three runs because they had two accidents which caused huge delays in between running, and since I have to work on Saturdays I left.

My friends SRT-4 was running 12.3 trapping 122 MPH.

This is all my very first run
R/T a crappy .322
60' 2.32
330-5.97
1/8-8.915
MPH-84.36
1000-11.426
1/4-13.546
MPH-106.53

The only thing I did was push the DTC button once.
You did great for your first time. It's nice to see the Turbo Tuner heald it's own with the other cars

Jeff
Eurobahn
Jeff@Eurobahn.us is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 07:27 AM   #6
all8up
Ironchef
 
Drives: C63 AMG
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ashburn VA

Posts: 385
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 E90 335  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to all8up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
Jason,

just for the heck of it, compare your 335i vs my past cars at the same track:

98 GTI VR6 15.7@91 air filter
91 Honda Civic SI 16.8@88 header,air filter,cat back
91 Honda CRX SI 16.8@85
2003 WRX 13.2@104 with $7000 in mods(biggest POS ever owned)
94 Dodge Stealth R/T TT 13.4@102 3"tb,MBC,CAI
05 BMW f650 motorbike 14.5@90 stock
05 Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR 12.4@110 many bolt ons but stock turbo,and IC
06 Evo 9 12.5@112 ($1100 in mods)3"tb,cai.mbc,flash
91 GSX 14.3@95 (Evo III turbo,2.5tb,mbc,cai)
95 GSX 15.4@90 stock, 13.1@104 now with bolt- ons

Carlos
Too funny that you hated your WRX as well. I had a built head w/ cams, FP red, 2.5 block and the car only put down 350whp on 93 octane....needless to say that car never met my expectations....
__________________
09 C63 AMG, Eurocharged Flash, Klassen Monoblocks
07 MDX tech/ent - family hauler
07 E90 335, UR Exh, Helix IC, Bav Sport Coils, iForged Swift- sold
E46 M3 - gone and always missed
02 WRX w/ STI swap - good riddens
all8up is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 07:35 AM   #7
serge
Captain
 
serge's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ramstein, Germany / Grovetown, GA

Posts: 768
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonjw81 View Post
This was my first time ever at a track, no prep work, no power braking to launch, I just went.

It is the SIR strip in Tucson, Az elevation is about 3100 ft.



I beat a 2005 GTO and a 2005 Vette. Most of the guys were running high 13s low 14s even the Vettes, GTOs, Mustangs, unless they had huge power. Even the GTO with a procharger, headers, exhaust, etc..ran a 13.2 with a 107 MPH trap. A blown 2005 mustang ran a 13.6. So I was right in the thick of things.

I was only able to do three runs because they had two accidents which caused huge delays in between running, and since I have to work on Saturdays I left.

My friends SRT-4 was running 12.3 trapping 122 MPH.

This is all my very first run
R/T a crappy .322
60' 2.32
330-5.97
1/8-8.915
MPH-84.36
1000-11.426
1/4-13.546
MPH-106.53

The only thing I did was push the DTC button once.
Pretty good numbers

SIR is perhaps one of the most challenging tracks in the entire country. Try Firebird (Phoenix) next time and your time will improve .2-.3 secs and 2mph. Also, work on your 60's and you'll shave a few more tenths.
serge is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #8
radgator1
Lieutenant Colonel
 
radgator1's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,604
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
You trapped 106.53 on a slow track @ 3100 feet
radgator1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
jacksonjw81
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335I
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft. Huachuca, Arizona

Posts: 176
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge View Post
Pretty good numbers

SIR is perhaps one of the most challenging tracks in the entire country. Try Firebird (Phoenix) next time and your time will improve .2-.3 secs and 2mph. Also, work on your 60's and you'll shave a few more tenths.
Thanks guys for all the good comments overall I was satisfied with my runs. I really wanted a 13.2 but my RT, the track, and my 60', my inexperience just wouldn't let me have it.

I was going to shoot for 9 passes all together 1 with traction on, 3 with DTC pushed once, and 3 with everything off, and two power braking. But, with those accidents and having to work the next day I cut out. I had a good time though. And will head back out sometime next month.

Topher04r1 message me your name and number so I will let you know when I plan on going back up, the name is Jason by the way.

Carlos let me know the next time you are going to head up there, I am sure you are going to tweak some things on the GSX and want to run again.
jacksonjw81 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #10
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
 
Evo8MRto335I's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tucson

Posts: 968
iTrader: (1)

Jason,

I did the conversion of your times with the official NHRA altitude conversion table and your times are as follow:

Tucson 13.54@106.53 mph
Sea level 13.03@110.73 mph

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_620190/m.../tm.htm#620190

For being your first time you did very well. I would like to invite you to go to Firebird Raceway. It is only about one hour from SIR and the altitude is 1248ft. You would have greater chances to run high 12's there.

From my experiences, I use to drop .2-.3sec and increase my trap speed by 2mph going from Tucson to Firebird, it is worth.

As per my runs, I consulted with many friends and tuners and it seems like the fact that I was runing with methanol plus race gas but on a 91oct map it over kill the performance by altering the AFR to a very rich set up.

I traped 106 mph at the same track untuned, without methanol, without race gas (only 91oct) and at only 17psi last time.

Carlos
__________________
2009' C63 AMG, 2011' C300
Evo8MRto335I is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #11
jacksonjw81
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335I
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft. Huachuca, Arizona

Posts: 176
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
Jason,

I did the conversion of your times with the official NHRA altitude conversion table and your times are as follow:

Tucson 13.54@106.53 mph
Sea level 13.03@110.73 mph

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_620190/m.../tm.htm#620190

For being your first time you did very well. I would like to invite you to go to Firebird Raceway. It is only about one hour from SIR and the altitude is 1248ft. You would have greater chances to run high 12's there.

From my experiences, I use to drop .2-.3sec and increase my trap speed by 2mph going from Tucson to Firebird, it is worth.

As per my runs, I consulted with many friends and tuners and it seems like the fact that I was runing with methanol plus race gas but on a 91oct map it over kill the performance by altering the AFR to a very rich set up.

I traped 106 mph at the same track untuned, without methanol, without race gas (only 91oct) and at only 17psi last time.

Carlos
Probably in about two weeks I wouldn't mind taking a trip up there. Thanks for doing the conversion.
jacksonjw81 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2007, 01:14 AM   #12
serge
Captain
 
serge's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ramstein, Germany / Grovetown, GA

Posts: 768
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
Jason,

I did the conversion of your times with the official NHRA altitude conversion table and your times are as follow:

Tucson 13.54@106.53 mph
Sea level 13.03@110.73 mph

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_620190/m.../tm.htm#620190

For being your first time you did very well. I would like to invite you to go to Firebird Raceway. It is only about one hour from SIR and the altitude is 1248ft. You would have greater chances to run high 12's there.

From my experiences, I use to drop .2-.3sec and increase my trap speed by 2mph going from Tucson to Firebird, it is worth.
I thought that 335s add boost (1-2 psi) to compensate for altitude.

Anyways, that conversion is pretty optimistic, Carlos. It works for NA cars, not FI ones.
serge is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2007, 02:32 AM   #13
Kung Pao
The Noob
 
Drives: E46 330Ci w/ ZHP
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: (775)

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
Jason,

just for the heck of it, compare your 335i vs my past cars at the same track:

98 GTI VR6 15.7@91 air filter
91 Honda Civic SI 16.8@88 header,air filter,cat back
91 Honda CRX SI 16.8@85
2003 WRX 13.2@104 with $7000 in mods(biggest POS ever owned)
94 Dodge Stealth R/T TT 13.4@102 3"tb,MBC,CAI
05 BMW f650 motorbike 14.5@90 stock
05 Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR 12.4@110 many bolt ons but stock turbo,and IC
06 Evo 9 12.5@112 ($1100 in mods)3"tb,cai.mbc,flash
91 GSX 14.3@95 (Evo III turbo,2.5tb,mbc,cai)
95 GSX 15.4@90 stock, 13.1@104 now with bolt- ons

Carlos
You have owned a lot of cars, my friend. Not OWNED, but like... purchased
:rocks:

Nice run, that's a great trap
Kung Pao is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #14
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge View Post
I thought that 335s add boost (1-2 psi) to compensate for altitude.

Anyways, that conversion is pretty optimistic, Carlos. It works for NA cars, not FI ones.
What PSI is produced by the turbos at sea level?
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #15
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
 
Evo8MRto335I's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tucson

Posts: 968
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge View Post
I thought that 335s add boost (1-2 psi) to compensate for altitude.

Anyways, that conversion is pretty optimistic, Carlos. It works for NA cars, not FI ones.
Sergio everytime I raced the same car going from SIR(Tucson) to PIR firebird Raceway (Phoenix) I dropped .2-,3 tenth of a second. We have to wait and see what he is capable of running at Firebird(Phoenix) then compare it with the Tucson time.

The NHRA is a general table chart so I really don't know how it applies to N/A or turbo cars .
__________________
2009' C63 AMG, 2011' C300
Evo8MRto335I is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2007, 12:49 PM   #16
musc
Major
 
musc's Avatar
 
Drives: 335is DCT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SE USA

Posts: 1,257
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2004 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
What PSI is produced by the turbos at sea level?
0.6 bar with the ability to increase boost by an additional 0.2 bar for altitude (total of 0.8 bar, or 11.76psi). This is why the regular correction factors for altitude can be misleading.
__________________
E46 M3 | SMGII | OEM CSL 19s | D/A Race Software | OEM CSL Header | Dixis TI | Streamline Drop in filter | (sold)
E92 335is | DCT | JB4 | E60 Flash | BMS DCI | DPs | BMS CP | BMS OCC | ETS 5" | Stg 2 LPFP | 451/500 DJ at 104
musc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2007, 10:54 AM   #17
serge
Captain
 
serge's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ramstein, Germany / Grovetown, GA

Posts: 768
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
Sergio everytime I raced the same car going from SIR(Tucson) to PIR firebird Raceway (Phoenix) I dropped .2-,3 tenth of a second. We have to wait and see what he is capable of running at Firebird(Phoenix) then compare it with the Tucson time.

The NHRA is a general table chart so I really don't know how it applies to N/A or turbo cars .
But Carlos, if 335s adjust their boost to compensate for altitude, why are you still using the conversion?
serge is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #18
MacAttack
Colonel
 
MacAttack's Avatar
 
Drives: fast enough
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Afghanistan

Posts: 2,138
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
Great job brother. Thx for sharing. This only reinforces my confidence in the TT. ...well done.
__________________
2007 E92 335i Coupe: Monaco Blue/Premium/Sports/Winter Package/Nav/CA/6MT/TT/Active Cruise/Active Steering/iPod/Rear Shade/Tint/Short Shifter/OEM Alum Pedals//
MacAttack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST