E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Something after Menzerna Powerlock?

07-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
cpandrewschmidt
Private

Drives: 2007 335i

Something after Menzerna Powerlock?

Hi all,
I've been doing lots of reading and did a big detail on the car this spring. Had a question.

For my process I did:

1. wash / clayed
2. Menzerna polish 1500
3. Menzerna polish 4000
4. Menzerna Powerlock all applied with DA drill

Was very happy with the results. I left it at the Powerlock stage. I love the way it looks nice and "wet" and gives a very deep rich color. However, after just a couple washes it loses that wet look. It is still protecting well because water beeds very nicely after even 5-10 washes.

Is there a step I could perform to lock in that wet look longer? Or another product people are liking for a deep wet look that lasts a little longer? Would something like Sonax Polymer Net Shield be good to use after PL?

Thanks,
Andrew

Last edited by cpandrewschmidt; 07-23-2014 at 01:13 PM.
      07-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco

Drives: Slow..

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
great choice on products. I religiously use Menzera as well. You might be able to get away with the paint refresh they sell in spray bottle in between washes. Unless you want to add a coat of wax?
      07-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...

Drives: LCI 335i

Just wax it every month 1 time, it only takes about 30 min to do so! And you'll be extra protected and shining in between washes.

You would need to do like opti coat or something that has a real "color lock, rich gloss" for longggg periods of time.
      07-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
ammar23
Private

Drives: 2009 e90 328i (LCI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat.Sleep.Race
Just wax it every month 1 time, it only takes about 30 min to do so! And you'll be extra protected and shining in between washes.

You would need to do like opti coat or something that has a real "color lock, rich gloss" for longggg periods of time.
+1 I have heard nothing but great things about opti-coat
      08-09-2014, 06:54 AM   #5
railesq

Drives: 2009 335i w/xDrive

Garage List
2009 335xi  [0.00]
Just wax once a month, like EatSleepRace said. Once your dialed in with your gear (DA or by hand) it doesn't take longer than 30 minutes (not including the waiting time for the wax to cure). Plus then you can experiment with different waxes to try and see which makes your paint look the best. Since you've got Menz products and a DA, start with their Color Lock liquid wax. Won't be any bonding issues with that.

But, yeah, if you're looking for put it on and forget it, Opti-coat, Cquartz, Gtechniq, and those types of products all have their supporters. They're hardly user friendly, though, and I'd personally just wax once a month.
railesq is offline   United_States