E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Recommended Product for interior detailing?

11-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
marsflis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 11 335is

Recommended Product for interior detailing?

I read all through the sticky but did not find much on interior. I wanted to know what product bmw uses to clean the leather seats, dash, ect.

I had my SA hook me up with nice detail from BMW and I liked the fact that whatever they used, was not extremely sticky and slimmy and seamed to also protect and restore the leather.

Any tips, recomendations are very appreacited.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
PinnacleAutoCT
Rep

Drives: 04 S60R 6MT: 3" DP, 1" sways

1Z cockpit premium and Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer are both great for removing light dust from interior plastics while providing a little UV protection and a matte finish. Leather Masters Vital and Protection Creme can condition and protect the leather while providing the same matte finish. If you need a more powerful interior cleaner try Optimum's Power Clean. I've never used an APC so powerful that is also very gentle on delicate surfaces. Just be careful of the coating on the door panel handles and inside/on the side of the center console. Those areas (depending on your year and model) can be very sensitive to any kind of cleaning.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 03:38 AM   #3
DMH-01
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 335d M Sport

Clean the plastics with an APC and dress with the likes of Poorboys Natural Look Dressing or Espuma Dasheen.

For leather I clean with Gliptone Leather Cleaner and protect with Gtechniq L1.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 01:47 AM   #4
Detailed Image
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

I've always liked Leatherique on leather seats and Einszett Cockpit Premium for dash and vinyl.

Ivan @ LUSTR
Appreciate 0