E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Tea Party

Closed Thread

08-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #23
mact3333
Captain
Rep

Drives: 11' Audi S4

Hyperbole, context, sarcasm, rhetoric, banter/acrimony...learn it, live, breathe it...exhale...when you reach this hard and far, I know you are running out of ammo...so keep playing the race card if that is all you got and leave the politics and economic talk to us ok pretty please with sugar on top....

What is your fault is using an example of someone being obviously sarcastic and using a desperation card to discredit someone for sarcasm, rather than anything they have said about the economy or politics.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Oh, now I get it.

It's <MY> fault that you suggested putting a post saying "cause he is black" in the thread that asks "What SPECIFICALLY about Obama's decisions do you dislike?" Way to take personal responsibility.

What does your race have to do with it?

Attacking someone based upon their skin color is a racist attack, no matter what skin you are in.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #24
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
The all powerful Tea Party rides on the backs of GOP, because they know, that without GOP voter base there would not be enough lunatics to take them seriously. Seriously.

I am not affiliated with any political party, nor am i able to vote, but as an outside observer what I see is all talk. Dems are pretty open about their intentions and they pretty much stick with the agenda, but while GOP and Tea Party look GREAT on paper, their actions are a complete opposite from the words that are coming of their mouths. They want nothing more than to destroy everything in their way in the name of Jesus.

In other words, we are fucked no matter what political party is in charge. But at least Dems do not push "conservative family values" and base every decision on what Jesus tells them to do.
      08-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #25
11Series
Rep

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Hyperbole, context, sarcasm, rhetoric, banter/acrimony.
You must be talking about your idea of putting in another thread that the problem with Obama is "cause he is black"??

When YOU put out "Hyperbole, context, sarcasm, rhetoric, banter/acrimony" like that, what exactly does that say about you?

Funny that you then turn around and try to pin that on me, when I'm just responding to your post. Project much? Take some personal responsibility.

Yet again, thanks for stepping up to represent the Tea Party in the "what irks me about the Tea Party" thread. You demonstrate what irks us better than any of us can describe.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #26
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

In this bizarro world we live in, the tea party may turn out to be the president's BFF. A third party candidate (that draws more than the normal 2% of the vote) will put him in for another term. Watch it happen. The only real hope for dislodging this guy is the degree of disappointment the left holds for him. If that causes them to stay home in droves....
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #27
mact3333
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You must be talking about your idea of putting in another thread that the problem with Obama is "cause he is black"??

When YOU put out "Hyperbole, context, sarcasm, rhetoric, banter/acrimony" like that, what exactly does that say about you?

Funny that you then turn around and try to pin that on me, when I'm just responding to your post. Project much? Take some personal responsibility.

Yet again, thanks for stepping up to represent the Tea Party in the "what irks me about the Tea Party" thread. You demonstrate what irks us better than any of us can describe.

You are quite the entertaining fellow(so obvious too)...I know what you are trying to do...as noted, it shows desperation...

If what I said was true racism I would be banned...I was being facetious obviosly to show as an example how stupid your remark was regarding this thread...you have stated in the Obama thread how you want actual facts and arguments yet you gave a flippant one sentence answer in this thread...your attempt at deflection is comical really.

you see, taken in context, people can see how childish you have become ...so desperate because every argument you have made against me has been nullified...yet every argument I have made you cannot refute cause you just dont get it.

I implore you report me to the admin's so they can ban me if taken in context, show me to be a racist....if proven guilty I will be happy to go......but you and I know I will still be here to expose you as the dolt you are proving to be, not because of your political views/opinions, but rather by the desperate attempt to shut me up to not make you look silly anymore....
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #28
11Series
Rep

I'm not going to report anything here, because then all the posts where you demonstrate what irks people about the Tea Party would be removed. I don't want that.

And I've never said YOU were a racist. I said your idea of posting an attack on Obama based upon the color of his skin would be a racist post.

Do you disagree, and think that is not racist?

And why do you keep trying to defend the idea of making a racist attack against Obama IN ANY WAY is the same as saying Tea Party politics fail the math test over and over? Can you defend that?

You are the one keeping this going. To stop it, all you have to do is say something like this:

"My bad, I realize that attacking someone based upon their skin color is a racist attack, and in no way compares to disagreeing with people's political math. It was a very bad parallel, and I understand that my idea of making a racist attack on someone for their racial status was wrong. Just like my fellow Tea Party Republican labeling Obama a Tar Baby was wrong."

Quote:
You are quite the entertaining fellow(so obvious too)...I know what you are trying to do...as noted, it shows desperation...

If what I said was true racism I would be banned...I was being facetious obviosly to show as an example how stupid your remark was regarding this thread...you have stated in the Obama thread how you want actual facts and arguments yet you gave a flippant one sentence answer in this thread...your attempt at deflection is comical really.

you see, taken in context, people can see how childish you have become ...so desperate because every argument you have made against me has been nullified...yet every argument I have made you cannot refute cause you just dont get it.

I implore you report me to the admin's so they can ban me if taken in context, show me to be a racist....if proven guilty I will be happy to go......but you and I know I will still be here to expose you as the dolt you are proving to be, not because of your political views/opinions, but rather by the desperate attempt to shut me up to not make you look silly anymore....
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #29
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
In this bizarro world we live in, the tea party may turn out to be the president's BFF. A third party candidate (that draws more than the normal 2% of the vote) will put him in for another term. Watch it happen. The only real hope for dislodging this guy is the degree of disappointment the left holds for him. If that causes them to stay home in droves....
Obama's dream would be to have Donald Trump run as an independent. I'm thinking Obama bought out trump and they're working together. You can see this as a possibility because Trump's a business man and has donated to both democrats and republicans. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Obama's paid Trump $50 million and then finances trumps election bid.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #30
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
Obama's dream would be to have Donald Trump run as an independent. I'm thinking Obama bought out trump and they're working together. You can see this as a possibility because Trump's a business man and has donated to both democrats and republicans. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Obama's paid Trump $50 million and then finances trumps election bid.
ahahhahahahaha

hahahahahahahhahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaa

hold on

hold on i cant breathe

hahahahahhahaha

ok im done
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #31
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
Quote:
ahahhahahahaha

hahahahahahahhahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaa

hold on

hold on i cant breathe

hahahahahhahaha

ok im done
lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #32
Bird_Dr
Italy
Rep

Drives: 2011 LeMans 335i

Wasn't the last election all about change? There is finally a real movement, but it is not coming from the Democrats. Obama has extended many of the same policies he railed against, some good some bad. But when you call Bush an idiot for those policies and then you turn around and use them, what does that make you? We have been seeing the same stuff from the powers that be for too many years. The Republicans have no real leadership and the Democrats are in constant election mode. The reason things like Fox News, conservative talk radio, and the Tea Party get so much attention is because they finally offer a legitimate alternative to what has been the status quo, from the political parties and the media. They represent more of the American pie than you think. Do a basic google search and you will see. I'm pretty sure one reason they get attacked so much is because liberals find them to be a real threat to them. There are many other independent parties out there that don't get near the attention. People have been saying for many years we need a third party to shake things up and now it is happening. It is amusing how when the Democrats take a stance, they are portrayed as noble knights standing for what they believe in, but when it is the other way, the Republicans or Tea Party are uncompromising. I'm not saying the Tea Party is the perfect solution, but it is a hell of a lot better alternative than what we have had.

Albert Einstein defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Last edited by Bird_Dr; 08-05-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #33
11Series
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird_Dr View Post
Wasn't the last election all about change?
No. It was about JOBS! Where's the Jobs bill, Boehner?

Quote:
They represent more of the American pie than you think. Do a basic google search and you will see.

I googled it. According to this weeks polls, and only 18 percent of those polled are part of that pie:

"Do you consider yourself to be a supporter of the Tea Party movement, or not?"

Yes 18
No 73

http://s3.documentcloud.org/document...es-and-cbs.pdf

Quote:
People have been saying for many years we need a third party to shake things up and now it is happening.
The Tea Party isn't a third party. They are just Republicans who needed some good shtick to distance themselves from Bush after backing Bush with 97% of Republican voters. If the Tea Party is a third party, ball up and run your own primaries and run your own candidate for the US President and stop running with a big fat (R) behind your names.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #34
rgrovr
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2008 335xi E90

The audacity to attempt an hold this current congress to the Jobs mantra while disregarding that the President himself has attempted to hard "Pivot" to jobs at least 7 times in 2 years (including yesterday) seems pretty rich to me. If he pivots anymore, I'm afraid where the unemployment rate will end up.

As for why the left hates the TeaParty - I think it has more to do with the TeaParty's ability to hold the country's awareness to their own issues and actually be effective in holding politicians accountable to drive those issues into action (i.e the CR and Debt Deal).

Democrats, for the most part behind Obama, feel some tinge of disappointment as they believed their issues would carry the water for the time period he was President to finally book-end the great Liberal renaissance started in earnest by FDR - exactly in the way the TeaParty is achieving some of its goals today.

That and the fact that Democrats understand in wholesale what the TeaParty truly stands for. Not "No Government" but very limited government that looks entirely different than today's vision which has a much more far-reaching government. Its a difference of core ideals, a difference which is hard to compromise with - on both sides.
2008 335xi E90 Black Sapphire -||- PERFORMANCE: JB4 -DCI - AR Catless DPs - Helix FMIC - Forge DVs - KW V3 Suspension - BSH OCC -||- COSMETIC: 19" M3 Reps - OEM Perf. Front - MTech Sides - MTech Rear - OEM CF Spoiler - CF Kidney Grills - LUX H8 - LED Interior Kit - CF Wrap Trim - M3 iDrive Knob
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #35
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

A two party system isn't effective. Did you know there used to be over 16 different political parties in the beginning days of this country? If we had a choice like that today think of how much better off we'd be as a society and country.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #36
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

[quote=11Series;10170865]No. It was about JOBS! Where's the Jobs bill, Boehner?

Government doesn't create jobs. The president and in henchmen in congress (2007 until last year in the majority) have proven that.

I googled it. According to this weeks polls, and only 18 percent of those polled are part of that pie:

Yes 18
No 73

Might be the wrong question. Maybe something more along the lines of: "Do you support the tea party's goals of less government, less taxes, less spending and less government power?" or words to that effect. Bet those numbers almost flip.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #37
mact3333
Captain
Rep

Our founding fathers wanted limited govt, low to no taxes, limited spending, decrease the power of the banking system, more power to states, promote civil liberties.

Hmm...so the constitution is farked?...our forefathers farked?

So we want more people dependent on govt?...we want the federal govt overshadowing state govts?...we want higher taxes?...we want our personal liberties down the toilet?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #38
11Series
Rep

Quote:
Our founding fathers wanted limited govt, low to no taxes, limited spending, decrease the power of the banking system, more power to states, promote civil liberties.

Hmm...so the constitution is farked?...our forefathers farked?

So we want more people dependent on govt?...we want the federal govt overshadowing state govts?...we want higher taxes?...we want our personal liberties down the toilet?

The founding Fathers also didn't want a standing army. Ready to disband the Army, Navy, Airforce, and Marines?

Oh that's right, you guys want to follow the Founding Fathers and the Constitution, but only when it is politically convenient for you. You guys will dress up in tri-point hats to gather to protest parts of the Constitution.

Thanks for being today's example of what irks people about the Tea Party.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #39
Bird_Dr
Italy
Rep

Drives: 2011 LeMans 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
I think a better question is, why do you identify with such a small faction of a segment of the political pie? After all, there are more militia members, homosexuals, or white supremacists, but the teabaggers are getting the media now.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/william...ry?id=13320565

This report, like many others, say there are about 4% homosexuals in America.

Quote:

Yes 18
No 73

http://s3.documentcloud.org/document...es-and-cbs.pdf

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest with you but merely pointing out you don't know as much about them as you think you do. If you think CNN, MSNBC, Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, etc should be your sole source of news, then that is what you are going to think. I also agree they are not a third party--yet. They know the Republicans have been disappointing for a long time, that is where they are going to get a lot of there future constituents. Maybe if the Dems and the Repubs would "ball-up" and say we have been f'ing you for a long time with our partisan BS, then perhaps we could take them. I'm sure you have heard what Obama had to say in 2006 when the question of raising the debt limit was raised again. If he would have said that a handful of times since he took office, he might have some credibility.

seriously"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Sen. Obama(D) in 2006 when Bush (R) was President.

I actually think a better topic question would be why are you such fervent Democrat supporters?

Last edited by Bird_Dr; 08-07-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #40
mact3333
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The founding Fathers also didn't want a standing army. Ready to disband the Army, Navy, Airforce, and Marines?

Oh that's right, you guys want to follow the Founding Fathers and the Constitution, but only when it is politically convenient for you. You guys will dress up in tri-point hats to gather to protest parts of the Constitution.

Thanks for being today's example of what irks people about the Tea Party.
Yeah I wouldnt mind disbanding the military in all seriousness.

Why denigrate the constitution??...your man Obama did swear to uphold it right?..treason anyone?...the right to coin currency only held by the govt yet private banking cartel hold this power...hmmm...is this not ground for treason?...not to say repubs any better.

I am consistent in my views...it is you who state things when convenient for you...liberals act exactly like the repubs did when demo's were ripping the repubs a new one...same old game.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #41
txz4
Major
Rep

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Wow. You STILL think that a racist attack on someone for their racial status, is the same as saying that you disagree with people's political math?

Here is an idea for you. How about saying something like:

"My bad, I realize that attacking someone based upon their skin color is a racist attack, and in no way compares to disagreeing with people's political math. It was a very bad parallel, and I understand that my idea of making a racist attack on someone for their racial status was wrong. Just like labeling Obama a Tar Baby was wrong."

Instead of taking personal responsibility, you AGAIN resort to yet another personal attack against me. Classy. Way to make the Tea Party look good in the "what irks you about the Tea Party" thread.

that racist guy sounds like a "typical white person" to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #42
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: // 135i //, X5

Quote:
The tea party represents the American working class. They're the mom and pop stores keeping this country up and the people standing in the way of their prosperity are the liberals and democrats that want to tie them down.
You don't think it's the corporations that are shipping jobs overseas, leaving these mom and pop stores customers broke and unable to spend at the "mom and pop" stores?

You don't think it's the big corporations like walmart flooding the American market with cheap Chinese imports that mom and pop can't compete with?

You think it's democrats and liberals advocating for increased military spending and defending corporate tax cuts and loopholes?

You don't think it's the credit-pinching, unregulated banking firms that are making record profits and issuing millions in bonuses, after being bailed out by the American tax payer?

You don't think it's the two unfunded wars that we are fighting simultaneously?

No, You think all our problems are because some guy is getting food stamps, right?
- 08 135i - Wavetrac LSD, AST 4100, Swift springs, Brembo GT brakes, M3 front sway, Meyle HD links, Dinan Camber plates, Whiteline subframe bushings, M3 rear guide and upper link, M3 front control arms, HP custom M3 front Strut brace, Megan rear control arms, F30 brake shields -

Last edited by uberschnell; 08-07-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #43
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

No, you close-minded liberal. The democratic party has always been about big businesses trumping small businesses. You think that because I'm a conservative I should be all for supporting billionaires and their corporations that are killing off the smaller guy just for a bigger profit? No, I believe a smaller business is more effective and less corrupt than a big business. I have the same attitude for the way government should be run; smaller and more effectively.
I want the small businesses to grow and create jobs and to compete with other small business to give the consumer better quality, care and advanced products. A large corporation will monopolize the field and slow down progress and in the end everyone but the billionaire head of Wal-Mart who ships jobs to China will suffer. That's why I'm for a 20% tax on all goods that come to the us that are from china. You will immediately see a demand for manufacturing in the US when this happens and unemployment will fall and the stock market will rally.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #44
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
close-minded liberal
Is that a new oxymoron? Last time i checked, that was pretty much a conservatie trait.

keep using those personal attacks though, really shows how much of an open-minded conservative you are.
but hey, they do need someone to believe their "im pro mom and pop shops" right wing propaganda, while they stick a knife into your back.

Last edited by solefald; 08-07-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread