E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Driving in Asia!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Cptn Mo 703's Avatar
 
Drives: my feet
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NoVa

Posts: 1,605
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Driving in Asia!!

Came across this video!! Sorry if its a repost, or if its "fake"!!



Im still wondering how some of these cars ended up on the wrong side of the highway with a barrier dividing the 2 sides
__________________
2008 Alpine White e93 335i- Sold
2009 Black Sap. Met. e93 335i- Sold
2010 Melbourne Red e92 M3- Sold
Cptn Mo 703 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

fake
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
Echo M3
Major
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Reminds me of driving back home, except the roads in this video are better.

Oh, and I think all of those videos are real. I recognize a few of them.
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
Day Laborer
SK1(SW)
 
Day Laborer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 6MT M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Virginia

Posts: 478
iTrader: (5)

How much signal I need to cut across 8 lane? None? I turn now. Good luck everybody else!
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=QKcSZfY1sf4
Day Laborer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #5
Schm
Colonel
 
Schm's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arizona

Posts: 2,648
iTrader: (3)

Haha I saw that shit on worldstar it's new!
__________________
2006 E90 330i.
Schm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #6
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

3 13 was the LOLS

and the last lady sounded so pissed
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #7
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dubai, UAE

Posts: 296
iTrader: (0)

Not being racist but over here in Dubai, I have found that the chinese drivers are consistently among the worst ever.

They have complete lack of spatial awareness and the complete disregard for the rules makes them a danger to everyone.

And the worst is when you honk or flash your lights to get their attention/warn them, they look at you like they are right and you are an idiot.

Finally, one of the stupidest accidents I ever was in was when a Chinese guy scraped the side of my car, while my car was parked for gas, and there was about 1.5-2cars space to pass by me. He then gets out and looks shocked.

The funniest was when the cops showed up. They gave him an earful about driving. Then proceeded to take his car keys and license away since this was like the 9th accident he had been in, in 6 months.
zetaxi165 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #8
sk8board511
Captain
 
sk8board511's Avatar
 
Drives: 07-E90/99' Cherokee Beater
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So. Me.

Posts: 684
iTrader: (0)

some of those cars for getting hit so hard had barely any damage, and note to self never ride moped in asia
__________________
KING"ish" OF Changed for collins
Musilli Performance
AT HOME SERVICE-PM for Details
Street, Track, Drag Bike builds
Installations, Maintenance, Detailing
sk8board511 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #9
len56
Private
 
len56's Avatar
 
Drives: like a gentleman, yo
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
How much signal I need to cut across 8 lane? None? I turn now. Good luck everybody else!
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=QKcSZfY1sf4
i lold

this entire video is hilarious, unless you were there. also makes me scared to drive there.


5:00
*slams into reverse*
the HELL did you just do to my ride, bitch?
__________________
i love german cars

Last edited by len56; 08-09-2011 at 12:34 PM.
len56 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #10
stylinexpat
Captain
 
stylinexpat's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

Posts: 805
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaxi165 View Post
Not being racist but over here in Dubai, I have found that the chinese drivers are consistently among the worst ever.

They have complete lack of spatial awareness and the complete disregard for the rules makes them a danger to everyone.

And the worst is when you honk or flash your lights to get their attention/warn them, they look at you like they are right and you are an idiot.

Finally, one of the stupidest accidents I ever was in was when a Chinese guy scraped the side of my car, while my car was parked for gas, and there was about 1.5-2cars space to pass by me. He then gets out and looks shocked.

The funniest was when the cops showed up. They gave him an earful about driving. Then proceeded to take his car keys and license away since this was like the 9th accident he had been in, in 6 months.
If you have ever been to or lived in Taiwan you will know that the majority can not drive or ride. If you look at all the bumps,dents and scratches on the cars and scooters this will tell you all about their driving habits and skills. Of course there are a few who do know how to ride and drive but as far as the majority is concerned, forget it.
stylinexpat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
HungHingHK
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Socal

Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post

Im still wondering how some of these cars ended up on the wrong side of the highway with a barrier dividing the 2 sides
I'll tell you why, its because in Asian countries, they sometimes build new divided 2 way highways that cut across old neighborhoods with lack of exits. So if some1 just wants to make a left turn and go down a mile, now has to make a right and go 5 miles then exit and then get back on for another 5 miles to get there.
So as a result, they just get on the wrong side and save their trouble. happens more with motorcycles and mopeds than cars, but it happens.
__________________
2008 BSM E92 335i.
HungHingHK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #12
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungHingHK View Post
I'll tell you why, its because in Asian countries, they sometimes build new divided 2 way highways that cut across old neighborhoods with lack of exits. So if some1 just wants to make a left turn and go down a mile, now has to make a right and go 5 miles then exit and then get back on for another 5 miles to get there.
So as a result, they just get on the wrong side and save their trouble. happens more with motorcycles and mopeds than cars, but it happens.
You can't be serious
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
 
KGB7's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 740i sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Siberian Prison

Posts: 824
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungHingHK View Post
I'll tell you why, its because in Asian countries, they sometimes build new divided 2 way highways that cut across old neighborhoods with lack of exits. So if some1 just wants to make a left turn and go down a mile, now has to make a right and go 5 miles then exit and then get back on for another 5 miles to get there.
So as a result, they just get on the wrong side and save their trouble. happens more with motorcycles and mopeds than cars, but it happens.

I was about to ask why dont they drive on the right shoulder, but then logic kicked me in the back of my head.
__________________
B
M
W
KGB7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #14
Maestro
Captain
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 860
iTrader: (0)

people you have to remember, we in the US and parts of Europe have been driving cars for over 100 yrs, most asian country the majority of the population have been driving for only the last 20 or 30 yrs and in china only the last 10 yrs. These people lack any experience with driving, then when from bikes with a top speed of 20 to 30 mphs to something that can go 100 mph and they still have reaction time of being on a bike.

If you ever watched an old time movie of driving in the US in a city you would see drives doing a lot of the same stupid things and have accidents all the time.
Maestro is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,983
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
people you have to remember, we in the US and parts of Europe have been driving cars for over 100 yrs, most asian country the majority of the population have been driving for only the last 20 or 30 yrs and in china only the last 10 yrs. These people lack any experience with driving, then when from bikes with a top speed of 20 to 30 mphs to something that can go 100 mph and they still have reaction time of being on a bike.

If you ever watched an old time movie of driving in the US in a city you would see drives doing a lot of the same stupid things and have accidents all the time.
Well, having said that, stupid drivers are still around North America. Stay Safe.
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #16
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Cptn Mo 703's Avatar
 
Drives: my feet
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NoVa

Posts: 1,605
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
people you have to remember, we in the US and parts of Europe have been driving cars for over 100 yrs, most asian country the majority of the population have been driving for only the last 20 or 30 yrs and in china only the last 10 yrs. These people lack any experience with driving, then when from bikes with a top speed of 20 to 30 mphs to something that can go 100 mph and they still have reaction time of being on a bike.

If you ever watched an old time movie of driving in the US in a city you would see drives doing a lot of the same stupid things and have accidents all the time.
But what about a 15 year old kid that just got his learners permit, he's prob had no experience behind the wheel, and we wouldn't expect these kind of mistakes from him.
__________________
2008 Alpine White e93 335i- Sold
2009 Black Sap. Met. e93 335i- Sold
2010 Melbourne Red e92 M3- Sold
Cptn Mo 703 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #17
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
 
KGB7's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 740i sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Siberian Prison

Posts: 824
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
people you have to remember, we in the US and parts of Europe have been driving cars for over 100 yrs, most asian country the majority of the population have been driving for only the last 20 or 30 yrs and in china only the last 10 yrs. These people lack any experience with driving, then when from bikes with a top speed of 20 to 30 mphs to something that can go 100 mph and they still have reaction time of being on a bike.

If you ever watched an old time movie of driving in the US in a city you would see drives doing a lot of the same stupid things and have accidents all the time.


Irrelevant.
__________________
B
M
W
KGB7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #18
vioaltec
Sasha Fierce
 
vioaltec's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 bmw 3 series coupe
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Bay

Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

they don't have any form of CHP or highway patrol?
__________________
Vivre, Aimer et Voler
vioaltec is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #19
HungHingHK
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Socal

Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post
But what about a 15 year old kid that just got his learners permit, he's prob had no experience behind the wheel, and we wouldn't expect these kind of mistakes from him.
the 15 year old here has parents that drove all their lives and their parents also have parents that drove their entire lives. So they have better examples sort of speak. Where as in Asia, especially in China and Taiwan and South Korea, driving is new to the kid and the parents. Lots of times the kid probably started driving before the parents.

So in summary
lack of example
lack of time
lack of experience
lack of driving etiquette in the culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by vioaltec View Post
they don't have any form of CHP or highway patrol?
Ironically the police does the same thing a lot of times, aint nobody tryna drive 10 miles to go a mile.

Basically it is a somewhat culturally accepted form of traffic behavior...for now.
__________________
2008 BSM E92 335i.
HungHingHK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #20
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

Posts: 11,037
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
2:08 was that a hyundai? double fail means your gonna get hitt
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #21
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

Posts: 11,037
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
forgot to add.. glad nobody got totally owned in these videos.
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #22
donovan
Brigadier General
 
donovan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: le' Murica

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (12)

screw driving in asia. I leave that to the asians.
__________________


e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
donovan is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST