E90Post
 


Bimmertech
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Lowered E90 on 18s



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
hwa786
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Metro Detroit

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

Lowered E90 on 18s

Hey guys, I'm not sure where I should search for this but I am looking to see some E90 (XI's only since I'm in that section) with 18s that have been lowered. Can you please post pics as well as let me know which springs you have purchased? If this is a repeat, can you just post a link where I can check pics....Thanks!
__________________
2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic


Last edited by hwa786; 10-12-2011 at 09:48 PM.
hwa786 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
hwa786
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Metro Detroit

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

up
__________________
2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic

hwa786 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
hwa786
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Metro Detroit

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

back up since my 18s are on...need to lower my car and need pics and ideas of what ppl have used for their e90s!
__________________
2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic

hwa786 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
seis-speed
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW X5 35d, Audi S4 MT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: On the highway

Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)

go

go bilstein, just order the same part # that is used for the 335 e90. My car on 18's.
Attached Images
  
seis-speed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
hwa786
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Metro Detroit

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

hows the ride comfort?
__________________
2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic

hwa786 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
Admir328xiCT
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central Area of CT

Posts: 104
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
go bilstein, just order the same part # that is used for the 335 e90. My car on 18's.
What kind of spoiler is that - love it !
Admir328xiCT is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
akotten
Major
 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD

Posts: 1,023
iTrader: (2)

18" VMR VB3 on H&R Sport springs and stock xi dampers



akotten is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
hwa786
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Metro Detroit

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
18" VMR VB3 on H&R Sport springs and stock xi dampers



looks nice, hows the ride comfort compared to stock height?
__________________
2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic

hwa786 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
akotten
Major
 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD

Posts: 1,023
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwa786 View Post
looks nice, hows the ride comfort compared to stock height?
Well....Its definitely noticeably more harsh...but tolerable. Also, I live in SD, so our roads are among the worst. I've been on them for probably 3 months and I haven't switched back yet and this is my DD. Just make sure you're not on RFT's!
akotten is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #10
hwa786
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Metro Detroit

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
Well....Its definitely noticeably more harsh...but tolerable. Also, I live in SD, so our roads are among the worst. I've been on them for probably 3 months and I haven't switched back yet and this is my DD. Just make sure you're not on RFT's!
We have pretty terrible roads here as well...a local friend had eibach installed on his e90 and he totally regrets lowering the car due to the ride and he tells me its the worse thing that he has ever done...so i am kind of confused now on what to do
__________________
2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic

hwa786 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #11
mykal335xi
boom
 
mykal335xi's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Varies

Posts: 598
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
18" VMR VB3 on H&R Sport springs and stock xi dampers



I love the license plate and the wheels, $1k for 4 wheels from what I can tell for VMR VB3. I'm going to have to think about those next year when I take care of my suspension/wheels.
mykal335xi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #12
BigBambu
Private
 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CT

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwa786 View Post
We have pretty terrible roads here as well...a local friend had eibach installed on his e90 and he totally regrets lowering the car due to the ride and he tells me its the worse thing that he has ever done...so i am kind of confused now on what to do
Does your friend have RFTs? Swapped my tires out when I lowered on KW and no harshness at all.
BigBambu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #13
hwa786
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Metro Detroit

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBambu View Post
Does your friend have RFTs? Swapped my tires out when I lowered on KW and no harshness at all.
No he doesnt, he had regular all seasons on 18s....and I currently have continental dws tires
__________________
2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic

hwa786 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #14
platnumdesi01
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lorton, Virginia

Posts: 357
iTrader: (2)

I just ordered 18's Miro 111, really wanted 19's just DC roads semi-suck and iv even bent oem wheels. I'll post a pick when the vendor finally ships them.
platnumdesi01 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #15
SleepsMcGee
Private
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kansas City

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
18" VMR VB3 on H&R Sport springs and stock xi dampers



I love the way they look.... Is that the gunmetal color?
__________________
| 2008 335xi | aFe Stage 2 | Avant Garde M359 F-19x9 ET35 R-19x10 ET25 Matte Black | Matte Black Kidneys | Smoked Headlights, Taillights, Foglights, and Side Markers | Matte Black Trim | Just Getting Started |
SleepsMcGee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #16
heatfan03
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 328XI BMW E90 Black
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston , MA

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwa786 View Post
Hey guys, I'm not sure where I should search for this but I am looking to see some E90 (XI's only since I'm in that section) with 18s that have been lowered. Can you please post pics as well as let me know which springs you have purchased? If this is a repeat, can you just post a link where I can check pics....Thanks!
I will try to dig up my e90 328xi on m3 18s wheels with lowered suspension. I ditched the suspension when I moved up north (harsh ride) although I am throwing the rims back on soon. I may / prolly will end up lowering it also. haha
heatfan03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
akotten
Major
 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD

Posts: 1,023
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amclint View Post
I love the license plate and the wheels, $1k for 4 wheels from what I can tell for VMR VB3. I'm going to have to think about those next year when I take care of my suspension/wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepsMcGee View Post
I love the way they look.... Is that the gunmetal color?
Yup, those are the VMR VB3's in gunmetal. And thanks for the compliments! I get good comments on the plate quite a bit too...well those who understand it anyways. One of the older engineers I work with asked me what it meant....its hard to explain sometimes haha. I kind of want something a little more classy...like...BAVARIAN (if I could somehow fit it).

Oh...and I paid $750 shipped new...EAS had free shipping during a holiday
akotten is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #18
SleepsMcGee
Private
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kansas City

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
Yup, those are the VMR VB3's in gunmetal. And thanks for the compliments! I get good comments on the plate quite a bit too...well those who understand it anyways. One of the older engineers I work with asked me what it meant....its hard to explain sometimes haha. I kind of want something a little more classy...like...BAVARIAN (if I could somehow fit it).

Oh...and I paid $750 shipped new...EAS had free shipping during a holiday
Nice thats a good deal, Im Jealous. They look really good!
What size tire do you have on them? with the springs you have they sit flush looking and i like!!!
__________________
| 2008 335xi | aFe Stage 2 | Avant Garde M359 F-19x9 ET35 R-19x10 ET25 Matte Black | Matte Black Kidneys | Smoked Headlights, Taillights, Foglights, and Side Markers | Matte Black Trim | Just Getting Started |
SleepsMcGee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #19
MassBimmer
Major General
 
MassBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 LCI 328i xDrive
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Milford, MA

Posts: 6,947
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [4.50]

IMG_2973 by Eggs3105, on Flickr
__________________
E90 LCI 328i xDrive: M-Sport Conversion / BMW Performance Exhaust / BMW Performance Intake / BMW Performance Steering Wheel / VMR V710 / KW V1
MassBimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #20
hwa786
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Metro Detroit

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

my next question should be how is the ride comfort compared to stock on all your guys setup?
__________________
2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic

hwa786 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #21
QC135Vert
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 135 vert
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: QC

Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwa786 View Post
my next question should be how is the ride comfort compared to stock on all your guys setup?
I would probably want to know how the ride compares to bmw sport suspension. I have an e90 x drive ordered and will eventually want to lower it and have a ride comparable to sport suspension!
QC135Vert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #22
akotten
Major
 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD

Posts: 1,023
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepsMcGee View Post
Nice thats a good deal, Im Jealous. They look really good!
What size tire do you have on them? with the springs you have they sit flush looking and i like!!!
235/40/18 on the fronts and 265/35/18 on the rears. Also, in that picture, there are 12mm spacers on the rear, which rubbed a little, so I moved them to the front without issues now. I need to find something for the rear. Not sure about a 10mm...maybe a 5mm.
akotten is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST