E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > E93 CCC to CIC replacement

08-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
FutureBSD
Rep
Drives: E93 325i

E93 CCC to CIC replacement

Hey everyone,

after reading here for a while and especially reading about the CIC retrofit I decided to get myself the CIC parts (display, CIC unit + iDrive controller) for as cheap as $850. I'm currently missing the cables and adapters (the green/turquoise one, the usb adapter) and a good installation manual to get everything set up.
I'm also not sure yet if I wanna do the activation via official FSC or via adapter. If I remember correctly I read somewhere that Patryk is not a fan of these adapters? (correct me if I'm wrong).

Is someone able to provide me the missing spare part numbers so that I can place my order @BMW + does someone have a instruction sheet on how to replace the CCC with the CIC? My obd-cable is already on its way to Germany and will be here hopefully soon. I found the information on how to do the coding to get the CIC working. Hopefully they're working otherwise I might need some additional (official = paid) assistance.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
FutureBSD
Rep

I was looking around a bit and found some part numbers that make sense from my understanding. Can someone who retrofitted a E9x already confirm that this is all what's needed to get a EU CIC connected?

Part Number - Description
61119185171 - CIC HD Screen cable
61319167196 - USB Port
61129196805 - USB Port cable
51456976361 - CIC Center trim
61136954526 - CID CAN/power connector
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
FutureBSD
Rep

@jasonn:

Any recommendations on the activation?
I guess I don't want to spent the money for an official FSC from BMW.
Means: I'll go for an adapter.
I've seen several adapters around and there are huge price differences.
Cheapest one I've seen was around $170, the most expensive one seems to be the one from BimmerRetrofit for C$439 (+35 for Vid). I don't really want to cut wires or solder something. Plug&Play is a must.

I'd buy the one from BR right away if it's not almost 3-times the price of the $170 adapter. I just bought the car + the CIC kit. Cables still pending, activation pending, coding (maybe) pending.

Have you seen any differences in the solutions and would you avoid using a special adapter but recommend another one instead?
Appreciate 0