E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Why isn't the AUTO 335 that aggressive?

04-21-2007, 08:02 AM   #23
BavarianRocket
Private

Drives: 335i, Jet Black

Is anyone else like me.... I always get asked... is it a manual? Um no... I drove both, and I consider myself a talented manual driver... and I always had faster times and shifts with the auto... it is well documented that the auto and manual are at least equal... if not showing the auto to be a tad faster..... just deal with it..... I love the clutch snob comment..spot on....

another thing... this step. rev matches on downshifts... I can't tell you how many manuals I have been passenger in either audi, bmw, MB, ferrari... where the driver is not rev matching on downshifts....... anyone can slam the shifter from gear to gear with sloppy clutch work... but very few can effectively rev match
      04-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #24
hotrod182

Drives: 07 335i, 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
Better question is why would you WANT to chirp second gear.
So that the car you are racing, might edge a foot ahead of you and win the race? I have lost a race against a STI because of losing traction on the 2nd gear shift in my M3. Thats why I hate racing them from a dig.
      04-21-2007, 10:44 AM   #25
dustman
Private

Drives: 11 M3 Comp Pkg

Stock 335 sport auto with RFT (horrible)...there's no traction to be found with these tires...car lights up the triangle every turn, nearly every stoplight...no joke. If I push the nannies full off, two drag lines for 2 car lengths and some smoke for good measure. Anything over 1500 rpm with nannies on, and she stutters. I think they sold me a beast, and I like it.
How I long for LSDiff and a wide set of PS2 tires.