BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Climate control not working... Questions???

10-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #1

Drives: E900, 325i,

Climate control not working... Questions???

Hello all. I know this is a common topic, but as the title says my climate control is not working in my '06, E90, 325i... No fan, No LEDs. One would think the IHKA was dead, so I plugged in a working IHKA unit, same result. Let me give a little background info on the situation.

My battery died so I replaced it with the same size BMW battery. Unfortunately I wasnt able to register the new battery because the cable I ordered didnt have the correct chip in it. So 2 weeks and 2 cables later I was able to register the battery with BMWLogger. During the 2 week wait time I drove my car and noticed my side view mirrors constantly needed re-adjustments. I did the steering angle thing, problem solved. Later I smelled the smell of wires burning. No smoke appeared, everything seemed fine until one day I tried to turn on the AC and got NOTHING. I checked quite a few fuses, all are OK. I plugged in my C110 scanner, there's no communication with the IHKA. After reading many post across several forums I have concluded the problem is the blower motor. Am I correct in my assumption? Also can anyone explain the path of communication between the IHKA and other systems once the start button is pushed? 3rdly What is that stain on the lower dash cover below the blower motor? I have it. I've seen it in the youtube videos, but haven't heard an explanation for what it is or where it's from. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Update: After all the research and testing I must report my climate control is working again. I went out to do more testing and hit the seat warming button and whammo. It worked! LEDs, fan, auto, everything works just fine. Maybe thats all I had to do anyway or the problem corrected itself. Go figure!

Last edited by dbonds728; 10-02-2015 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 12:21 PM   #2
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 328i

FWIW, the stain on the lower dash cover is from water entering from above. In my case the cowl wasn't seated properly against the bottom of the windshield and water was entering from there. I think it can also come from the cabin air filter housing if it's not seated well on the cowl.
Appreciate 0