E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Replacing M-Sport Knob with ZHP

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Replacing M-Sport Knob with ZHP
Published by Ragi Elias
08-08-2014
Replacing M-Sport Knob with ZHP

I have a 2010 E92 M-sport. I bought a ZHP shift knob for it. I'm trying search guides on how to replace the shift knob but I can't find any for the M-sport. How do I disconnect the knob from the boot and then reconnect the new knob with the same boot?
RB PCV Valve
Tutorial Tools
By ItsaGoose on 08-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragi Elias
I have a 2010 E92 M-sport. I bought a ZHP shift knob for it. I'm trying search guides on how to replace the shift knob but I can't find any for the M-sport. How do I disconnect the knob from the boot and then reconnect the new knob with the same boot?
Not sure if you can reuse the boot without cutting off the piece that clips to the knob.

FYI the m sport knob is already weighted and short like the zhp
By mcianni on 08-08-2014, 09:22 PM
pull it
By dkay1 on 08-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Just did this on my E90. I am left handed, so it was easier to sit in the passenger seat. Pull straight up on the shift knob, just don't let it hit you in the face. It's pretty tough. I noticed two notches on the inside of the old/new shift knob. Line up the notches with the metal end of the gear shift selector, and pop on the new one. Done.
Comment