E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > DHS puts stop to deportation of illegals

08-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #23
wisesoul
Savoir Faire

Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
Illegals are a direct threat to our security. It's not the illegal mexicans who become lawn carers that we should be worried about, it's the radical Muslims that can just as easily jump the border and bomb us with whatever they can bring from whatever foreign country they got it from. The ugly bitch Napolitano should be immediately fired and imprisoned.
Are you always this condescending? Do you have a job yourself?
wisesoul is offline   Philippines
      08-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #24
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Are you always this condescending? Do you have a job yourself?
he is 18 and his daddy is rich. so no
      08-19-2011, 03:55 AM   #25
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
This administration continues to prioritize the thousand special agenda dogs and cats that make up the dem party at the expense of normal, down the middle America.
This type of talk is the problem with this country. You've joined the ranks of the nazis, the kkk, and Sarah Palin. How you think you have the capacity to "debate" is beyond me.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      08-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #26
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?

Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post

I support folks lighting up at 410 if they have the cash to pay for or grow their own stash.
]
Roll up at 4:10... smoke at 4:20

From the article, what I gathered is that they aren't simply granting amnesty. It is just a slow down to allow for a more hands on approach for each case. If someone is a violent criminal, they are getting deported. But if someone has been living in this country for years and have held down a job without committing a crime, they will be given the opportunity to stay. Whereas, before they were immediately deported.

I would venture a guess this is to try and keep those who are hard working an honest and toss out the "bad apples".
      08-19-2011, 06:14 AM   #27
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
This type of talk is the problem with this country. You've joined the ranks of the nazis, the kkk, and Sarah Palin. How you think you have the capacity to "debate" is beyond me.
Whatever. It's mind over matter when it comes to lightweights like you. I don't mind 'cause you just don't matter. I know why you put so much into boards like this--it's because no one in the real world will engage with you for more than five seconds.

BTW--you forgot to call me a racist. I miss that. Please do try to keep up with lib/dem talking points.

America, real America, is sick of you and your weaselly, equivocating, relativist brethren. The only thing that will keep the next election from being a record-setting avalanche is the quality of the republican candidate.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      08-19-2011, 07:07 AM   #28
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Whatever.
Good comeback.
Quote:
It's mind over matter when it comes to lightweights like you. I don't mind 'cause you just don't matter.
These 2 statements are contradictory. Besides, if I really didn't matter, then why do you always feel the need to lash back at me?
Quote:
I know why you put so much into boards like this--it's because no one in the real world will engage with you for more than five seconds.
That's how you live with yourself, right? You keep telling yourself that anyone who doesn't spew words of juvenille disdain for fellow Americans who happen to have a slightly different ideaology than you, must be an annoying pathetic cretin. Actually, you couldn't be further from the truth; and honestly, I don't often run into people as ignorant and troubled as you.
Quote:
BTW--you forgot to call me a racist. I miss that. Please do try to keep up with lib/dem talking points.
It wouldn't be an oldarmy post without some lame old sarcasm, eh?
Quote:
America, real America, is sick of you and your weaselly, equivocating, relativist brethren.
I AM real America. Who the hell are you anyway, and why do you think you are entitled to speak to people the way you do? You must be one of those guys who never really found success in life, so you have to go onto a message board, where it's safe to unleash your frustrations without retribution.

Repeat after me, "Obama's just a guy, a fellow American like me. And all the democrats are people too, just with a slightly different viewpoint." It's like the catholics and the protestants, the same, but a little different.

Oh, and one more thing... Americans don't like Republicans, if we wanted to be governed by Christian doctrine, we'd move to another country. We don't want to be told what we can and can't do, we don't want creationism taught in public schools, and most Americans don't give a sh!t about capital gains taxes, or trickle-down economics, or spreading democracy through the muslim world. They want good schools, and their social security. So enjoy voting for your favorite republican flake.
      08-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #29
rgrovr
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Ah the internet.. a place where we talk to each other in no other fashion as if we were face to face.

Its hilarious especially when you see each other at car meets and people of all persuasions are really cordial and then they leave, get on the forums and call the same cat a "cretin", "nazi", or "racist" if you didn't know their forum name.

As for the topic.. Illegals are illegals, don't parse the law. Its shameful for the people who wait 8-10 years to get a VISA and then wait another 6-8 years to file for citizenship and do it the right way. If you don't agree, then lets discuss raising the country-allocation for lawful immigration, but there's no argument on illegal immigration.

And this is coming from a family who did it the right way before you call me a "racist-mexican-hating-whydon'tyoumowyourownlawn" white person. I kind have some skin in this game (pun intended).
2008 335xi E90 Black Sapphire -||- PERFORMANCE: JB4 -DCI - AR Catless DPs - Helix FMIC - Forge DVs - KW V3 Suspension - BSH OCC -||- COSMETIC: 19" M3 Reps - OEM Perf. Front - MTech Sides - MTech Rear - OEM CF Spoiler - CF Kidney Grills - LUX H8 - LED Interior Kit - CF Wrap Trim - M3 iDrive Knob
      08-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #30
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?

Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
And this is coming from a family who did it the right way before you call me a "racist-mexican-hating-whydon'tyoumowyourownlawn" white person. I kind have some skin in this game (pun intended).
So you're saying... you DO mow your own lawn?
      08-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #31
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Ah the internet.. a place where we talk to each other in no other fashion as if we were face to face.

Its hilarious especially when you see each other at car meets and people of all persuasions are really cordial and then they leave, get on the forums and call the same cat a "cretin", "nazi", or "racist" if you didn't know their forum name.)
Yep.
Quote:
As for the topic.. Illegals are illegals, don't parse the law. Its shameful for the people who wait 8-10 years to get a VISA and then wait another 6-8 years to file for citizenship and do it the right way.
Agreed. And if certain people-hatersbothered to inquire, they'd see that democrats are divided on the illegal issue. Actually some repubs, too. Some just want them out, some want to first document them, some liken it to the futile "war on drugs", acknowledgeing that they do work that Americans won't (or that employers don't want to pay legal wages for). Then there's the issue of the anchor babies.

It's a complex situation. If there was a simple "republican" solution, Bush would have done it during 2001-06.
      08-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #32
mact3333
Captain

Drives: 11' Audi S4

"they" continue to win...people need to evolve...no wonder the govt wont tell us the "truth"...we cont to fight and the MB is a microcosm of society and how it seperates people...they divide us to keep the hamster wheel going...the system is rigged...try to see the big picture...the two party system is a joke..a system to put on the facade as we have choice...we dont.

Yeah I know many of you will start with the "youre a deranged idiot" talk...but I dare any one of you mofo's to actually take the time to look at what I have said in the past...if you follow the doctrine of a single party you are not thinking for yourself...you are then a sheeple...if you truly have your own opinions, you will be independent of parties that stigmatize and label you and close your mind.

Keep laughing people but within the next 10-20 yrs you will be amazed and shocked at the technology thats out there right now that nobody is talking about...fighting about politics is mundane, silly and counter-productive...people need to respect each other and be as one in order for society to prosper...yeah keep laughing but one day you will see what I am talking about...if it isnt the depression it will be some 1/1000 natural disaster or something else...politics will be the last thing on your mind.

They laughed at me in 2005 when I said real estate was going to crash, in 2008 when I said the mkts were going to crash...you will laugh now also cause it is human nature to do so.

So what does this have to do with DHS/deportation??...nothing...I am commenting on the hatred and disgust I am seeing on here, and believe me, I veritably accept I have partaken in it also.

I am going off to vomit now....
      08-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #33
M3Bahn
Lieutenant

Drives: M3

“Truth follows 3 stages. First it is ridiculed… Then it is violently opposed… Then it is accepted as self evident!” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

"Truth is treason in an empire of lies"

Ron Paul
      08-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #34
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

ooops! My bad. I don't actually participate myself, but thanks for the correction, I'll get it right the next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Roll up at 4:10... smoke at 4:20

From the article, what I gathered is that they aren't simply granting amnesty. It is just a slow down to allow for a more hands on approach for each case. If someone is a violent criminal, they are getting deported. But if someone has been living in this country for years and have held down a job without committing a crime, they will be given the opportunity to stay. Whereas, before they were immediately deported.

I would venture a guess this is to try and keep those who are hard working an honest and toss out the "bad apples".
I agree, they are definitely taking a live and let live attitude towards hard working honest folks with deep ties to their community here in the US. And they are doubling down on going after aliens who commit crimes in the US. They actually already have been doing that, and getting results. The statistics are very clear, Obama has deported way more criminals then previous administrations.

Just to be clear, the DNS rarely has the right to deport anybody without the person they are deporting first being allowed to contest the deportation in a court of law. They also have the right to appeal. And to appeal a failed appeal, etc. This chews through a lot of DHS resources, is very expensive, and we have to pay to feed and house many of these people sometimes for years. The folks who have held down a good job, or are in College and have community ties are exactly the people who cost the DHS the most to deport, and take the longest, because they fight the hardest and can pay for lawyers. Releasing them on a Federal Gov't Immigration Bail Bond is a good solution, because it means their presence in the US is now documented and registered. We have biometric data, trackability, and they are required to maintain contact with the gov't or lose their bond. They aren't handing these people citizenship, they are releasing them on bond.

On the other hand, people without money or community ties, and anyone who has committed a minor crime are usually the quickest to be deported, because they agree not to contest their deportation.
      08-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #35
ecleland
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 335d (sold)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 Mini  [0.00]
Not Surprised

The liberals need all the voters they can get to avoid suffering a Reagan style landslide loss in 2012
ecleland is offline   United_States
      08-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #36
11Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
"they" continue to win...people need to evolve...no wonder the govt wont tell us the "truth"...we cont to fight and the MB is a microcosm of society and how it seperates people...they divide us to keep the hamster wheel going...the system is rigged...try to see the big picture...the two party system is a joke..a system to put on the facade as we have choice...we dont.

Yeah I know many of you will start with the "youre a deranged idiot" talk...but I dare any one of you mofo's to actually take the time to look at what I have said in the past...if you follow the doctrine of a single party you are not thinking for yourself...you are then a steeple...if you truly have your own opinions, you will be independent of parties that stigmatize and label you and close your mind.

Keep laughing people but within the next 10-20 yrs you will be amazed and shocked at the technology thats out there right now that nobody is talking about...fighting about politics is mundane, silly and counter-productive...people need to respect each other and be as one in order for society to prosper...yeah keep laughing but one day you will see what I am talking about...if it isnt the depression it will be some 1/1000 natural disaster or something else...politics will be the last thing on your mind.

They laughed at me in 2005 when I said real estate was going to crash, in 2008 when I said the mkts were going to crash...you will laugh now also cause it is human nature to do so.

So what does this have to do with DHS/deportation??...nothing...I am commenting on the hatred and disgust I am seeing on here, and believe me, I veritably accept I have partaken in it also.

I am going off to vomit now....

I appreciate your attempt at trying to appear magnanimous, and your attempt to pull yourself out of the partisan right-wing Tea Party Republican hole you've dug yourself into. But I just can't get past your self-righteous attitude IN THIS POST enough to take you seriously.

You try to tout your superiority because you called the housing bubble FOUR YEARS into the housing bubble, but by 2005 the talk about the housing bubble had already been widely talked about even in the mainstream press. Everyone knew there was a bubble except those who had self-serving financial reasons to put their head in the sand and deny it.

http://realtytimes.com/rtpages/20051223_bubbletalk.htm

You try to tout your independence from political parties, yet you almost exclusively back right wing or Republican Party politicians over and over on this board. You aren't honestly a political independent, you are a Tea Party Republican who uses a facade of "independence" to try and put a distance between yourself and previous failed right-wing politicians from the Teapublican Party that you back.

I laugh at you, not because you are honestly attempting to break free of the two-party system. I laugh at you because you THINK you are breaking free of the two-party system, all while repeating ancient REPUBLICAN party candidate talking points from decades old political debates, and you think it is "original thought" because you don't know your political history.

I laugh at you, because your post isn't even an honest attempt at breaking from the 2-party system. It is a self-righteous hypocritical attack on people like myself who back candidates who share political beliefs I developed LONG before these candidates ever ran for national office. We are not "sheeple" for finding candidates who share the most of our political goals, and then backing them. Just like you aren't "sheeple" when you back Republican after Republican after Republican.

I'm looking forward to how I'm the bad guy, because you are so superior. Claiming you are above it all, while AT THE SAME TIME kicking at us with your "sheeple" bullsh!t and your self-delusional claims of superior knowledge --- when you are just repeating decades old partisan tripe.
      08-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #37
11Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecleland View Post
The liberals need all the voters they can get to avoid suffering a Reagan style landslide loss in 2012

This program doesn't give these people citizenship. They won't be able to vote in 2012.
      08-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #38
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
"they" continue to win......the two party system is a joke..a system to put on the facade as we have choice...we dont.
...if you follow the doctrine of a single party you are not thinking for yourself...you are then a sheeple...if you truly have your own opinions, you will be independent of parties that stigmatize and label you and close your mind.
...people need to respect each other and be as one in order for society to prosper......I am commenting on the hatred and disgust I am seeing on here
Being that we live in a uniquely spread-out melting-pot country, our national politics has become very 2-party-ish, name-recognition oriented, sound-bite laden, and abhorrently expensive. These are all bad for electing good people, but that's the way it is.

Everyone in this forum favors and espouses a particular ideology; so do you - the libertarian-not-dem-or-repub party. Don't pretend to act superior because of your "enlightened independence", I too express my own thoughts, not just the mantra of a party. As I've said before, I'm part libertarian, part democrat, and part conservative. I was somewhat strict raising my kids, I observe traditions of my religion, and I feel people need more self-control and self-reliance. I believe in personal freedom and choices, particularly when it comes to making law from religious beliefs.

I started posting in this sub-forum after I saw several people saying blatantly hateful and false things about Obama. I personally don't care if anyone agrees with my ideology, I'm not a political missionary. I just don't like seeing people lie and twist facts.

But many people here can't just see the other point-of-view, or accept that people can disagree. The idea that Obama has spent his entire life preparing to get where he is, so he can destroy the US and become the anti-christ, is something that's got to stop.
      08-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #39
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
No. Thanks for joining the forum.
      08-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #40
mact3333
Captain

11, I am not superior to the majority of the people on here, but I do know I am superior to you cause your mind is closed and you follow doctrine just like a sheep... everyone on here can clearly see it...its obvious...

I can be wrong about alot of things but I keep my mind open...you can try to label me all you want but I dont follow party lines but you would know exactly what i believe , cause you know everything right?...

Out of all the people that post on here you are the most dangerous cause you are closed minded, know it all, google searchin to prove your liberal point, die hard liberal who cannot accept that you are being used...everything you say on here perpetuates the problem and essentially exemplifies the division in our society...it is meant to be this way.

I hope you remember some of my ludicrous and inane comments yrs from now...in a way I kinda feel sorry for you.

In the end, I think you get so emotionally charged on these threads cause deep inside, you know something isnt quite right in the world(beyond usual politicking)...you cant quite put your finger on it though...well all you have to do is look...it has never been about the repubs, demo's or even tea baggers...it has always been about the super-haves and the have nots and it will always will be about that...: rolleyes:

Quote:
I appreciate your attempt at trying to appear magnanimous, and your attempt to pull yourself out of the partisan right-wing Tea Party Republican hole you've dug yourself into. But I just can't get past your self-righteous attitude IN THIS POST enough to take you seriously.

You try to tout your superiority because you called the housing bubble FOUR YEARS into the housing bubble, but by 2005 the talk about the housing bubble had already been widely talked about even in the mainstream press. Everyone knew there was a bubble except those who had self-serving financial reasons to put their head in the sand and deny it.

http://realtytimes.com/rtpages/20051223_bubbletalk.htm

You try to tout your independence from political parties, yet you almost exclusively back right wing or Republican Party politicians over and over on this board. You aren't honestly a political independent, you are a Tea Party Republican who uses a facade of "independence" to try and put a distance between yourself and previous failed right-wing politicians from the Teapublican Party that you back.

I laugh at you, not because you are honestly attempting to break free of the two-party system. I laugh at you because you THINK you are breaking free of the two-party system, all while repeating ancient REPUBLICAN party candidate talking points from decades old political debates, and you think it is "original thought" because you don't know your political history.

I laugh at you, because your post isn't even an honest attempt at breaking from the 2-party system. It is a self-righteous hypocritical attack on people like myself who back candidates who share political beliefs I developed LONG before these candidates ever ran for national office. We are not "sheeple" for finding candidates who share the most of our political goals, and then backing them. Just like you aren't "sheeple" when you back Republican after Republican after Republican.

I'm looking forward to how I'm the bad guy, because you are so superior. Claiming you are above it all, while AT THE SAME TIME kicking at us with your "sheeple" bullsh!t and your self-delusional claims of superior knowledge --- when you are just repeating decades old partisan tripe.
      08-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #41
mact3333
Captain

Of course Obama isnt that...he is just acting cowardly and as a puppet...he doesnt call the shots...we didnt get real change...I am glad you think independently...I applaud you...both repubs and demos are taking away our civil liberties while most are asleep at the wheel.

I lean libertarian but I am not that...dont agree with many things they stand for...to be honest, I do behave strangely, given my background....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Being that we live in a uniquely spread-out melting-pot country, our national politics has become very 2-party-ish, name-recognition oriented, sound-bite laden, and abhorrently expensive. These are all bad for electing good people, but that's the way it is.

Everyone in this forum favors and espouses a particular ideology; so do you - the libertarian-not-dem-or-repub party. Don't pretend to act superior because of your "enlightened independence", I too express my own thoughts, not just the mantra of a party. As I've said before, I'm part libertarian, part democrat, and part conservative. I was somewhat strict raising my kids, I observe traditions of my religion, and I feel people need more self-control and self-reliance. I believe in personal freedom and choices, particularly when it comes to making law from religious beliefs.

I started posting in this sub-forum after I saw several people saying blatantly hateful and false things about Obama. I personally don't care if anyone agrees with my ideology, I'm not a political missionary. I just don't like seeing people lie and twist facts.

But many people here can't just see the other point-of-view, or accept that people can disagree. The idea that Obama has spent his entire life preparing to get where he is, so he can destroy the US and become the anti-christ, is something that's got to stop.
      08-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #42
11Series

mact3333 said:

Quote:
I am going off to vomit now...
And this is the vomit that came out:

Quote:
11, I am not superior to the majority of the people on here, but I do know I am superior to you cause your mind is closed and you follow doctrine just like a sheep... everyone on here can clearly see it...its obvious...

I can be wrong about alot of things but I keep my mind open...you can try to label me all you want but I dont follow party lines but you would know exactly what i believe , cause you know everything right?...

Out of all the people that post on here you are the most dangerous cause you are closed minded, know it all, google searchin to prove your liberal point, die hard liberal who cannot accept that you are being used...everything you say on here perpetuates the problem and essentially exemplifies the division in our society...it is meant to be this way.

I hope you remember some of my ludicrous and inane comments yrs from now...in a way I kinda feel sorry for you.

In the end, I think you get so emotionally charged on these threads cause deep inside, you know something isnt quite right in the world(beyond usual politicking)...you cant quite put your finger on it though...well all you have to do is look...it has never been about the repubs, demo's or even tea baggers...it has always been about the super-haves and the have nots and it will always will be about that...: rolleyes:

It was so easy to predict your response, and you rose to the occasion exactly as I predicted in my post. This is just more of how I'm the bad guy, and you are so superior. Now wipe your mouth off. I'd love to swap insults all day, but your content-free ban-bait 100% personal attack posts are boring.

Last edited by 11Series; 08-19-2011 at 02:09 PM.
      08-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #43
M3Bahn
Lieutenant

Drives: M3

08-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #44
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Quote:
Quote:

This program doesn't give these people citizenship. They won't be able to vote in 2012.
Not necessarily, because the Latino voters were disappointed in Obama up until now. Now they'll go out and vote for him instead of staying home and feeling disappointed. So this was very political but it angers me that the WH and DHS bypassed our congress like this. It shows how much our country is falling apart.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States