E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > FYI... for 335...software update from BMW will equal power...

08-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #221
stressdoc

Drives: F80 YMB, 335 E90 ZSP+

Well, no, my 335 was 36.5 with ZSP. Let's say ZHP / M-sport is 2k more, and the ECU flash another 1k. That is under 40k.

To be fair, if one includes M-wheels and better tires, brakes, a LSD, etc., the package is likely over 5k, and I got mine via ED, but still we are talking under 50k for a high performance 335 stateside delivery.

I agree that if said dream 335 was priced anywhere close to the M3 then it would be a non-issue.
stressdoc is offline   Dominica
      08-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #222
Garrett
Banned

Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresaMat View Post
BMW is no longer going to be working with dinan the way they did in the past. They will be releasing their own aftermarket style equiptment. BUT i seriously doubt they will sell a ECU reflash that would give the car so much more power. It would kill M3 sales. From what I hear it will mostly be like exhaust/suspention etc etc.

Why wouod it kill M3 sales...? It's still a non-M
      08-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #223
sesegal99
Captain

Drives: 2009 328I Coupe Sport

BMW is a business. Someone who already has a 335 isn't going out an buying an M3 tomorrow. So how can BMW get more money out of those who already have 335s??...aftermarket performance upgrades. If not they are just leaving potential profit on the table for someone else to scoop up (which they are doing now). The few people who do decide to go 335 instaed of M3, BMW doesn't care, they still are buying a BMW product and now they will be buying upgrades, accessories, parts etc..as well, where there is even more profit margin. BMW wins twice. I doubt that these upgrades are going to sway someone who wants an M3. Besides you could go out and buy a Ford Focus or soon (BMW 135) and mod it to death to make it race worthy...Still isn't an M3.
2009 328i Coupe Space Grey w/ Dakota LeatherSTEP, Sport Pkg. w Paddle Shifters, Prem. Pkg., Comfort Access, Grey Popler Trim, Heated Seats, Shadowline Trim, Xenon Adaptive Lights, GP Thunder Fogs, GP Thunder Angels, RE15mm Spacers, 35% Tint,OEM Alarm, Clear Corners, K&N, Strut Brace
      08-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #224
AoshichanX
Brigadier General

Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
Haha ok; and so, were you able to get anything from your buddy?
AoshichanX is offline   United_States
      08-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #225
sesegal99
Captain

Drives: 2009 328I Coupe Sport

I havn't seen it yet,,,but it may be the brouchour that someone else posted with not much for the E90...not sure. I pick up my car tomorrow, I'll see what he has.
2009 328i Coupe Space Grey w/ Dakota LeatherSTEP, Sport Pkg. w Paddle Shifters, Prem. Pkg., Comfort Access, Grey Popler Trim, Heated Seats, Shadowline Trim, Xenon Adaptive Lights, GP Thunder Fogs, GP Thunder Angels, RE15mm Spacers, 35% Tint,OEM Alarm, Clear Corners, K&N, Strut Brace
      08-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #226
ezatnova
Colonel

Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesegal99 View Post
I havn't seen it yet,,,but it may be the brouchour that someone else posted with not much for the E90...not sure. I pick up my car tomorrow, I'll see what he has.
I smell more dissapointed e90posters!

Hope it's a new one with things that we can actually use for our cars.
ezatnova is offline   United_States
      08-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #227
judec
born to be turbocharged

Drives: Not a bimmer yet

Send a message via ICQ to judec Send a message via Skype™ to judec
Angry

well, nuthing against U, dude, but I've seen too much of this crap on forums. All of them starts like

My friend working for BMW/brother-in-law's cousin who is a BMW SA/neighbour's nephew who went to service his car/etc. heard/saw/noticed/found out there is some performance upgrade for 335i coming from BMW directly and it is in the new BMW catalogue and he/she/it will scan it and I'll post it/will bring it to me and I'll scan it and post it tonight/tomorrow/soon.
(underscore/mark what applies)

Getting tired of it, really, 'cuz all of these threads end up the same way - no info no facts nuthing, not today, not tonight, not tomorrow - never. Sorry, but that's what I call SPAM!!!

I know the next petition is useless, but please:
DON'T POST ANY BMW PERFORMANCE SPAM UNTIL YOU GET THE PROOF IN YOUR HAND OR COMPUTER!!!
judec is offline   Slovakia
      08-15-2007, 05:10 PM   #228
DCJAX
First Lieutenant

Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesegal99 View Post
I just text 'd my buddy for more info....I'll let you know. Umm if 335s are out selling M3s enough....I can see BMW offering such...since they ARE a company... and bottom line....profit is what matters. I know it wasn't $5K b/c he was talkin about how it may cut the legs out from under the Procede sales. That's originally why I mentioned this.
I'd be jumping up and down if this happened but....

Selling a software reflash for 500 bucks won't really net them much in the way of profits... unless this car is so over engineered that the extra drivetrain stress isn't even felt.
      08-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #229
ezatnova
Colonel

Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by judec View Post
well, nuthing against U, dude, but I've seen too much of this crap on forums. All of them starts like

My friend working for BMW/brother-in-law's cousin who is a BMW SA/neighbour's nephew who went to service his car/etc. heard/saw/noticed/found out there is some performance upgrade for 335i coming from BMW directly and it is in the new BMW catalogue and he/she/it will scan it and I'll post it/will bring it to me and I'll scan it and post it tonight/tomorrow/soon.
(underscore/mark what applies)

Getting tired of it, really, 'cuz all of these threads end up the same way - no info no facts nuthing, not today, not tonight, not tomorrow - never. Sorry, but that's what I call SPAM!!!

I know the next petition is useless, but please:
DON'T POST ANY BMW PERFORMANCE SPAM UNTIL YOU GET THE PROOF IN YOUR HAND OR COMPUTER!!!
+1.5
ezatnova is offline   United_States
      08-17-2007, 11:12 PM   #230
joeygott
Private

Drives: 2007 BMW 335

Called DINAN today and within a few weeks, they will have completed testing on the FLASH for the 335. It will be avail through Dinan authorized centers (of which many are BMW dealers). Horsepower will not be 90, about 1/2 of that from what I can gather. They have quite a bit avail for the car now, see their website, but this is first electrical engine mod.
      08-17-2007, 11:19 PM   #231
SGP335i
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 335i E92 Jet Blk

Hahahahahahahahahaha
      08-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #232
bmwtech

Drives: blue snap on tool box

sorry that i did not see this a while back bmw does not have softwear as far as i know for the 335i i just went to school for a update and there was no talk of it. But i did over hear that the 335i was putting down mid 300hp and they were detuning them at the bmw plant in N.C.

P.S when our FSC comes in next week i will ask him he will know for shure.