E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > strange A/c compressor and fan issue

08-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
fndrh1st
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2007 328i coupe

strange A/c compressor and fan issue

I searched a little bit but I haven't found a problem that similar to this.
During a typical summer day in FL (100 degrees + ) my A/c is blowing hot air. And the loud fan in the front ( I believe its called the blower fan, correct me if im wrong) is running ALL the time, not just when the a/c is on. During the night I'm getting ice cold air, and the blower fan is still running at full blast. Super loud and annoying. Not quite sure whats going on, Any answers?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
ENINTY
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2006 325i Sport

You're wrong it's called the cooling fan and it cools the radiator. The "blower fan" refers to the HVAC (heat, ventilation, air conditioning) fan that is behind the glove box. It sounds like you are low on refrigerant and maybe the cooling fan is going bad. It makes noise, but not that much to be annoying. Whenever the A/C is on the cooling fan comes on.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #3
fndrh1st
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Yea the cooling fan is outrageously loud. Usually is that loud upon start-up but for about 20 seconds. Now its running at full power like that all the time.
Appreciate 0