E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Halifax Chat Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #45
pat_03
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330 XI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Just a few more photos for the fun of it
Attached Images
  
__________________

E90 (2006) 330XI
pat_03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #46
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
Just installed the m3 spoiler tonight, love it!
we have the same spoiler. lol.. l love it too.. alright. hope i can see u somewhere at halifax. haha..
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #47
pat_03
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330 XI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
we have the same spoiler. lol.. l love it too.. alright. hope i can see u somewhere at halifax. haha..
We should grab a coffee sometime, id love to see your car in person... When are you ordering your air filter?
__________________

E90 (2006) 330XI
pat_03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
We should grab a coffee sometime, id love to see your car in person... When are you ordering your air filter?
hi Pat_03. sorry for reply u late, yea. we should, i have not order it yet, but i think i will order it on ebay, since it is cheap on ebay. lol.. btw, my car doesnt has any warranty left, i can not really find a good auto shop in halifax that has the good services on our car. such as oil change,.. so where do u have ur cars oil change done? i guess in burts shop right?
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #49
pat_03
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330 XI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
hi Pat_03. sorry for reply u late, yea. we should, i have not order it yet, but i think i will order it on ebay, since it is cheap on ebay. lol.. btw, my car doesnt has any warranty left, i can not really find a good auto shop in halifax that has the good services on our car. such as oil change,.. so where do u have ur cars oil change done? i guess in burts shop right?
Hey Simon, I only let Burt touch my car. I just had an oil change done 2 weeks ago in fact. He uses the real BMW synthetic oil good for 10000km, and it is only about $75. The dealer charges $150 for the same thing, I am telling you man, he is the best person to work on these cars, hands down. It's still n ot going to be super cheap, but compared to the dealer it's cheap!
__________________

E90 (2006) 330XI
pat_03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #50
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
Hey Simon, I only let Burt touch my car. I just had an oil change done 2 weeks ago in fact. He uses the real BMW synthetic oil good for 10000km, and it is only about $75. The dealer charges $150 for the same thing, I am telling you man, he is the best person to work on these cars, hands down. It's still n ot going to be super cheap, but compared to the dealer it's cheap!
alright, but i had really bad experience with the Receptionist.. she doesnt know how to respected others., i feel good with burt, but that lady is really rude, i dot know whether u feel the same or not, but maybe because im foreigner and a student..lol..
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #51
pat_03
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330 XI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
alright, but i had really bad experience with the Receptionist.. she doesnt know how to respected others., i feel good with burt, but that lady is really rude, i dot know whether u feel the same or not, but maybe because im foreigner and a student..lol..
Funny enough, I totally agree with you. I was going to make a complaint to Burt about it but the last time I spoke to her she was nice enough so I didn't bother. I think I will mention it to him next time I head in though because you are right, she is incredibly rude. The only reason I still go to that shop is because I don't trust anyone else with my car
__________________

E90 (2006) 330XI
pat_03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #52
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
Funny enough, I totally agree with you. I was going to make a complaint to Burt about it but the last time I spoke to her she was nice enough so I didn't bother. I think I will mention it to him next time I head in though because you are right, she is incredibly rude. The only reason I still go to that shop is because I don't trust anyone else with my car
well, i guess i will have my oil change done in burt's shop this time, coz i trust u. lol..hahaha...
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #53
pat_03
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330 XI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
well, i guess i will have my oil change done in burt's shop this time, coz i trust u. lol..hahaha...
Good man, best choice you can make! So Simon, where are you from anyway?
__________________

E90 (2006) 330XI
pat_03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #54
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
Good man, best choice you can make! So Simon, where are you from anyway?
China, having my commerce degree at Saint Mary's right now... lol..
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #55
pat_03
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330 XI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
China, having my commerce degree at Saint Mary's right now... lol..
Right on man, I graduated from SMU in 2009 with my commerce degree in finance
__________________

E90 (2006) 330XI
pat_03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #56
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
Right on man, I graduated from SMU in 2009 with my commerce degree in finance
Wow.. my major is finance too!!.. haha..im taking 4463 financial management class this year.. the most most most evil course and taking it in Mahmoud Mohd's class. that is even worse. haha... once i finish my exams this month, we can meet somewhere in Halifax during the reading break.lol...
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #57
pat_03
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330 XI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
Wow.. my major is finance too!!.. haha..im taking 4463 financial management class this year.. the most most most evil course and taking it in Mahmoud Mohd's class. that is even worse. haha... once i finish my exams this month, we can meet somewhere in Halifax during the reading break.lol...
I took that class with him too, he IS evil ha ha what a hard class!! I think I got a C or something lol. Let me know when you are off and we can meet up, good luck!
__________________

E90 (2006) 330XI
pat_03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #58
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
I took that class with him too, he IS evil ha ha what a hard class!! I think I got a C or something lol. Let me know when you are off and we can meet up, good luck!

for sure, i will see u soon.
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #59
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
I took that class with him too, he IS evil ha ha what a hard class!! I think I got a C or something lol. Let me know when you are off and we can meet up, good luck!
I had my oil change done at burt's shop yesterday,lol...14x..that's almost the same as dealer charges... huh.. but, anyway, i had a good time talking with a mechanic haha...
Attached Images
  
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #60
pat_03
Private
 
Drives: 2006 330 XI
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
I had my oil change done at burt's shop yesterday,lol...14x..that's almost the same as dealer charges... huh.. but, anyway, i had a good time talking with a mechanic haha...
$140?? Not too sure why it cost you that much at all... I had the oil changed in my car for $70 plus tax.... did you get anything else done? I even have the receipt, what does yours say?
__________________

E90 (2006) 330XI
pat_03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #61
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
I had my oil change done at burt's shop yesterday,lol...14x..that's almost the same as dealer charges... huh.. but, anyway, i had a good time talking with a mechanic haha...
$140?? Not too sure why it cost you that much at all... I had the oil changed in my car for $70 plus tax.... did you get anything else done? I even have the receipt, what does yours say?
well did u bring ur own engine oil? for the engine oil itself they charge me for 70dallors………
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #62
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
$140?? Not too sure why it cost you that much at all... I had the oil changed in my car for $70 plus tax.... did you get anything else done? I even have the receipt, what does yours say?
that is the detail of my receipt....
Attached Images
  
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #63
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_03 View Post
Just hoping to start some communication with all of us Bimmer owners in Atlantic Canada, specifically Halifax!
Hi. Pat. hows going? haven't hear u for a long time...
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #64
GMW
Dolphin 38
 
GMW's Avatar
 
Drives: a Submarine
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC

Posts: 788
iTrader: (6)

My advice, never go to Euro werks again!!!

Griffing Motors on Kempt rd is the best place to go for BMW service other than under factory warranty.
__________________
13' e92 M3 Frozen DARK Blue - Current
02' e39 540i Msport 6MT - DD
92' e34 535i AC Schnitzer - stolen/written off
11' e92 M3 - new owner
10' S1000RR - miss it every day / 09' K1300S - miss it most of all.
GMW is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #65
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
 
Simon.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323I.
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Halifax.NS.CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW View Post
My advice, never go to Euro werks again!!!

Griffing Motors on Kempt rd is the best place to go for BMW service other than under factory warranty.
lol.. thumb down for Griffing Motors!
Simon.bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #66
GMW
Dolphin 38
 
GMW's Avatar
 
Drives: a Submarine
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC

Posts: 788
iTrader: (6)

Have you been to their new location on kempt road?
Better than any dealership!
__________________
13' e92 M3 Frozen DARK Blue - Current
02' e39 540i Msport 6MT - DD
92' e34 535i AC Schnitzer - stolen/written off
11' e92 M3 - new owner
10' S1000RR - miss it every day / 09' K1300S - miss it most of all.
GMW is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST