E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > local cosmetic mods parts in socal



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
iamsmarts
Enlisted Member
 
iamsmarts's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 328i Xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LA SoCal 213

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [0.00]
local cosmetic mods parts in socal

Finally picking up my 2008 E90 328i on Friday morning, its the stock black and one of the first things I want to do is get the black kidney grills. any one know of a local spot I can pick them up at or should I just order them online? also any tips on what else should be essential cosmetic mods? keep in mind I have only an additional 2k this weekend
iamsmarts is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,074
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsmarts View Post
Finally picking up my 2008 E90 328i on Friday morning, its the stock black and one of the first things I want to do is get the black kidney grills. any one know of a local spot I can pick them up at or should I just order them online? also any tips on what else should be essential cosmetic mods? keep in mind I have only an additional 2k this weekend
the cheapest and best way to do this is to go out and paint it yourself, i primered mine and flat blacked it and it hasn't peeled off it's been 2 years and counting
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
deadmn1337
Captain
 
Drives: '08 JB E92 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Beach

Posts: 621
iTrader: (9)

i personally dont like the chrome trim around the windows so i would say get those vinyl wrapped
deadmn1337 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
iamsmarts
Enlisted Member
 
iamsmarts's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 328i Xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LA SoCal 213

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
the cheapest and best way to do this is to go out and paint it yourself, i primered mine and flat blacked it and it hasn't peeled off it's been 2 years and counting
have you seen any DYI post here? I did a search but didn't find any...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmn1337 View Post
i personally dont like the chrome trim around the windows so i would say get those vinyl wrapped
Yeah luckily it doesn't have the chrome trim check it out
iamsmarts is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
kiwi29
Team iTouge
 
kiwi29's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 2,074
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsmarts View Post
have you seen any DYI post here? I did a search but didn't find any...


Yeah luckily it doesn't have the chrome trim check it out
If you're around the long beach area, ill be more than happy to paint it for you for free?
There are no DIY that I know of ?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
m3pare
Banned
 
m3pare's Avatar
 
Drives: OBD1 M3.
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MFEST HQ

Posts: 43,410
iTrader: (6)

blacklines
m3pare is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
edirtaynine
Major General
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,093
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephbryan View Post
blacklines
definitely
edirtaynine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
deadmn1337
Captain
 
Drives: '08 JB E92 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Beach

Posts: 621
iTrader: (9)

tint
deadmn1337 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
iamsmarts
Enlisted Member
 
iamsmarts's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 328i Xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LA SoCal 213

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [0.00]
whats the ball park figure on the blacklines? and again easier to go via web or going to a specialty shop?
Thanks for the suggestions and help BTW noob at this LOL
iamsmarts is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
chuddism
Private First Class
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Westchester, NY

Posts: 109
iTrader: (1)

Here's the DIY for the kidney grill blackout.

Did it this weekend, super easy

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3830
chuddism is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
iamsmarts
Enlisted Member
 
iamsmarts's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 328i Xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LA SoCal 213

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuddism View Post
Here's the DIY for the kidney grill blackout.

Did it this weekend, super easy

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3830
Dope I'll be taking a crack at it this weekend
iamsmarts is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
creaminz
Major General
 
creaminz's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. Cal

Posts: 7,702
iTrader: (33)

LTBMW! They are located in El Monte.

LTBMW
5442 Peck Rd.
El Monte, CA 91732
creaminz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
Whorning
Major
 
Whorning's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E90 335i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Posts: 1,291
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to Whorning
if you look for a set of used blacklines, they usually hover around $200. I just sold mine off - they were in perfect condition. not necessarily worth it to buy new ones IMO
__________________


LCI Rear Conversion | Custom BBS CH l Karbonwerke CF CSL Trunk l Duke Dynamics Performance Diffuser | LTBMW Custom Molded Lip | ST Coilovers | JB3 PnP
Whorning is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
kevin@bavarianx
Banned
 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brea, CA

Posts: 812
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to kevin@bavarianx
I have some MTEC angel eyes in stock for that Pre-LCI
kevin@bavarianx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 04:58 AM   #15
waizn
CSBe90
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: e90.soCAL

Posts: 476
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to waizn
If ur grills are all chrome il trade
My matte black for urs
waizn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST