E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tuning the PETROL 335

04-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #23
skansa
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Datsun Sunny

it was my 2nd test drive the first i have the saloon msport to rag for the day. in coupe they couldnt give me msport as they werent out then! :P
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #24
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep

Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow

Garage List
rjs is an advertisement for why you shouldn't buy an ex-demo 335 d/i
Only joking.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #25
rjs
Major
England
Rep

Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
rjs is an advertisement for why you shouldn't buy an ex-demo 335 d/i
Only joking.
I wouldn't buy the one I had if you follow the manual to the letter re: break-in period! It only had 305 miles on the clock when I got it. I added another 80

E93 M3
| Azurite Black | Extended Bamboo Leather | Piano Black Trim | 19" 220M Wheels | Shadowline Trim | Edition Grills
M DCT | HDD iDrive | EDC | Bluetooth | Front & Rear PDC | Heated Seats | DAB Radio | Hi-Fi Speakers | USB Audio | SmartTOP
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #26
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Audi

So in theory, if i get my "d" re-mapped PROPERLEY i will be getting 325/330Bhp and still 30mpg (I'm sorry i just couldn't help myself)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2007, 07:40 AM   #27
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
So in theory, if i get my "d" re-mapped PROPERLEY i will be getting 325/330Bhp and still 30mpg (I'm sorry i just couldn't help myself)
YES MATE :rocks:

but more like 345bhp at the crank
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2007, 10:10 AM   #28
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester BMW View Post
drewKo,

How much was the procede?
What sort of bhp increase would you guess at?
How many miles have you done with the procede?
any problems? traction?

anything else?

Cheers
Lee
Procede (that's how Vishnu spells it for whatever reason) (p.s. check out www.vishnutuning.com; there's a bunch of info on Procede and all sorts of users posting information, results, and experiences) cost me $1,300 to purchase and have installed by Shiv from Vishnu at a Dyno day in Georgia. The dyno cost $150. I was one of the first purchasers after the beta group, so the prices may have increased slightly.

I put it on my 335i coupe when it had about 1,000 miles. I now have 2,500. I'm uploading the dyno sheet, but basically went from 284.6 bhp/290ish torque to 320 bhp/370 torque. That's at the wheels, so I suppose add about 15% for hp at the crank (368hp).

No problems with the procede. There are slight traction problems in first and sometimes second gear with wide open throttle, DTC activated and sport mode. If you disable all driver safety electronics (by holding in the DTC button for about five seconds), you will have launch issues in first gear and less so in second. Those who have tracked the car with stock wheels and run flat tires complain about the launch issues. But most agree that with a limited slip differential and better tires, launch is much improved.

During everyday driving, there is no traction issue. If you keep the car in standard mode, or if you launch from third gear on the highway, traction is fine. Even if you opt for sport mode and drive hard, the only traction launch issues occur in first gear and much less so in second gear. Not a big deal at all in my mind.

The results on gas mileage are (supposedly, bec. i have not tested this) an improvement of maybe 2 gallons per mile during "normal" driving and a loss of maybe 1-2 gallons during hard driving. My car tells me my average is 18.9 mpg and I have been driving pretty hard, but have not taken it to the track. I've been to 120 mph several times and have taken two road trips during which I drove about 90mph on the highway. I also love gunning the car between stop lights because the torque is unbelievable. It kicks you into the seat. The acceleration is sick too. I'm getting about 4.4-4.6 0-60mph, depending on launch. If I had a LSD and better tires, I would get 4.4, I feel pretty certain. There are several posts on this site of Procede users with just better tires getting 4.5.

Bang for the buck, it is a great product. This product was used in the 12-hours of Bathhurst in the BMW 335i that won the race and the car had no problems. Plus, you can remove it from the ECU and would not be traceable (so I am told). I also like how I can upload new maps from my notebook computer. And, Shiv is working on new maps, which I believe will adjust launch to improve it and some other really technical stuff.

There are other products out there, but from what I learned on this site and from users, plus from Shiv's testing (Edmunds also tested it, see http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=119485) and the results of the Bathhurst race (there is a thread or two on that race and Shiv's involvement on this site), I feel pretty good in my purchase. I think the closest competition is Active Autowerke's tuning box. Also, there are reflashes now available and I don't know much about those. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2007, 10:18 AM   #29
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Here: I pulled this information from Shiv's signature on this site. He lists places to review information concerning Procede.

Race Proven Performance. Surviving and Winning the 12HR Torture Test: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55235

PROcede support: www.vishnutuningforum.com
Online orders: http://www.vishnutuning.com/bmw_zero.htm
1-866-584-7531
Where R&D does not stand for Rip-off and Duplicate

Reviews:
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...5001/1045/FREE
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=119485
Appreciate 0