E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Eibach Pro-Kit...Regrets to come?

09-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
rayguy24
the mod bug is crawling in my brain

Drives: e90 tiag aka "luna"

Eibach Pro-Kit...Regrets to come?

What up fellas! Need your advice ...please read on.

Finally getting around to installing my springs and wheels that I've had sitting in my garage for the past year. Here is my prospective setup for my e90 4dr non-sport suspension:

-Eibach pro-kit springs
-Leaving in stock shocks for now. Figure the close to OEM spring rate on the Eibachs won't kill the shocks too quickly.
-Marcato MMR wheels
(F) 19x9 et36
(R) 19x10 et38
-Goodyear F1 Asymmetric
(F) 235/35/19
(R) 275/30/19

My e90 is my daily driver, although I only put on 20mi or so a day. I will say though that the LA roads, to put it lightly, make me cringe like I just drank bitter-warm beer. Anyways, ssually just me in the car, but will occassionally drive around the wife and baby boy.

So here is my dilemma. Before I start installing everything, I want to make sure I have no regrets afterwords. I have seen countless pics of e90s on the pro-kits, HR sports, and HR race (not looking to go coilovers). I love the look of the HR race, but not sure if they would be an issue with passengers or with my wheel setup, etc.

How many of you have put on similar mods, and thought to yourself "damn I wish I went lower?" Or "damn I should put on spacers"?

After looking at more threads, I contemplating going this route:

-HR race springs (or if too aggresive HR sports)
-BMW Performance dampers (or Koni Yellows)
-same wheels, but add 5MM spacer up front and 12mm spacer in the rear.
-fender roll needed for my tire specs?

Now the real question...will my wife kill me and never want to ride in my car again?

Help a brotha out. Thanks!
rayguy24 is offline   United_States
      09-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
SuperBmw
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 E92 335i

offsets are fine... just go HR sport
      09-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
edirtaynine
Major General

Drives: e92

Go with H&R Sports for "overall" factor...especially if ride comfort is a priority... H&R Race will give you a rough ride from being slammed.

are you on non-sport suspension? if so, maybe even getting a sport suspension and then SP lowering perches will give you the drop and ride comfort you're looking for.
      09-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
rayguy24

How would the non-sport OEM shocks fare with the H&R sports? I'm at 37k miles...I don't want to have to replace the shocks sooner after the drop.

The current wheel offsets are nice. But I know for sure adding spacers will flush it out clean. Again, just don't want to look at my ride and wish it was more.
      09-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
edirtaynine
Major General

u will definitely have to replace the oem shocks sooner if u keep them and drop it on springs only. most people get shocks/springs at the same time for this reason.
      09-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
rayguy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
u will definitely have to replace the oem shocks sooner if u keep them and drop it on springs only. most people get shocks/springs at the same time for this reason.
Definitely. I overlooked that the spring rates on the Eibachs are similar to ZSP, not non-sport.

I have my eyes on "old" BMW Performance dampers, Koni yellows or FSDs. Again want to make sure the ride comfort is ok with my wife and still "feels" like a BMW.

As for the drop height. I think I'm going to give lowering perches a try up front. Hopefully this setup will be satisfying.
      09-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
edirtaynine
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayguy24 View Post
Definitely. I overlooked that the spring rates on the Eibachs are similar to ZSP, not non-sport.

I have my eyes on "old" BMW Performance dampers, Koni yellows or FSDs. Again want to make sure the ride comfort is ok with my wife and still "feels" like a BMW.

As for the drop height. I think I'm going to give lowering perches a try up front. Hopefully this setup will be satisfying.
the sp lowering perches only drop the car's front by 0.5 inch. on a non-sport suspension, 0.5inch isnt going to do anything... and theres a good chance you might feel like you wasted money on it. but if you get springs with a moderate drop (to preserve whatever ride comfort is left), plus the lowering perches, you will definitely notice a difference in height and enjoy that extra drop without sacrificing ride comfort too much.
      09-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
rayguy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
the sp lowering perches only drop the car's front by 0.5 inch. on a non-sport suspension, 0.5inch isnt going to do anything... and theres a good chance you might feel like you wasted money on it. but if you get springs with a moderate drop (to preserve whatever ride comfort is left), plus the lowering perches, you will definitely notice a difference in height and enjoy that extra drop without sacrificing ride comfort too much.
Yea that's the plan. Eibachs plus perches w/ performance dampers or koni's
      09-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
leungsta
Captain

Drives: 335i

Hmm you guys sure that the 19x10 with 275's in the rear won't rub?? I have a feeling it will..lol

I'm also looking for some springs....I was reading that the eibach pro kit has a closer ride comfort to stock as compared to the HR sport...If I had a choice I would get the KWV3's but can't afford that set up at the moment...
Volk Racing CE28n Candy Red | JB4 | AMS FMIC | AR DPs | Injen DCI | BMS OCC | KWV1 | M3 Control Arms | OEM Aero Lip | BMW Performance Spoiler | LUX H8 V3 | Matte Black Grills | Cyba Tips | M-Tech Rear | Custom Alcantara + C/F M3 Steering Wheel | M3 Side Skirts | Vinyl C/F Roof | Fabric C/F Interior Trim | LCI Tail Lights | DD Fins Diffuser
leungsta is offline   Canada