E90Post

Horizon LED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Resetting Brake Light (?)

09-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Kurt-06-325i
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Resetting Brake Light (?)

I recently got the warning to service the rear brakes. I knew they were getting thin so I replaced pads and rotors and sensor.
When I reset the code (using the method from the turn signal and pressing the odometer reset immediately after the service lights go off) I immediately started getting the message with the car on a lift in red and the "BRAKE" light in red.
I checked the sensors, both front and rear, and they are good.
I am also getting the burned out bulb indicator that reads CCID-132. This is for the right front side light but it is working fine.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Kurt
2006 325i... KX64987
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
PichaDis11
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt-06-325i View Post
I recently got the warning to service the rear brakes. I knew they were getting thin so I replaced pads and rotors and sensor.
When I reset the code (using the method from the turn signal and pressing the odometer reset immediately after the service lights go off) I immediately started getting the message with the car on a lift in red and the "BRAKE" light in red.
I checked the sensors, both front and rear, and they are good.
I am also getting the burned out bulb indicator that reads CCID-132. This is for the right front side light but it is working fine.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Kurt
2006 325i... KX64987
You have to reset the service indicator with the little button on the bottom left of the instrument cluster. Video below,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIV2fIZ0tfQ

If you have done that, Then you have to get new sensors. Even if they "Look" new and were discharged by contacting on you rotor, the sensor is useless after that.

Regarding your light code, the car is telling you to get that bulb replaced. Its on its way to being burnt out.
GL
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
Kurt-06-325i
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Thanks, I did what is shown on the video. When I reset the rear brake service, it shows dashes on the bottom where mileage should be shown. Is this possibly because the wear sensor is faulty? I did replace the sensor with a new one but maybe it is no good.
NOTE: should the sensor read zero ohms when it is good? Anybody know?

Thanks,

Kurt
Appreciate 0