E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Notes on a 2011 335is BMW Apps/Internet/Live upgrade

09-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #23
Edward
Colonel

Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
There is a Sirius tuner already in your iDrive, you just have to activate it thru the dealer (enabling codes, $350 or so).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
We can help you retrofit the 6NR
Ok I'm confused. I already have pandora capabilities? Or do I need a 6nr retrofit. What is involved with that and how much is that? I really want pandora!
Edward is offline   United_States
      09-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #24
mr_milo
Captain

Drives: 2011 E93 328i

If you have Pandora on your phone you can either use an Aux in cable and control it via your phone or get Apps, use the USB cable and control it through the car.
mr_milo is offline   United_States
      10-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #25
UAgeek71

Drives: 2011 E93 335

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
- BMW Live removes the Assist features from the iDrive menu, which include the BMW Info -Send Google addresses to car. The Assist Safety Plan continues to be functional thru the SOS button in the roof console.
- BMW Apps requires an iPhone
- BMW Live and Internet requires uninterrupted Bluetooth tethering. Some jailbroken iPhones cannot sustain their Bluetooth tethering for long periods of time.
I just picked up my 2011 production date 9/11 with 609, 615, 6FL, 6NR, 6NR, 6VC coded and active. If I want to add BMW live as per this thread, I need USB tethering, which I do have working on my iPhone. My big question is do I also need to subscribe to BMW 639 (BMW assist) for BMW live to work, even though the BMW info menu and send to car functions are no longer active? Is there even a reason to do so with BMW live?

Lastly according to this post (see link below) BMW live is available in North America. Does this mean Canada only, or has anyone been able to get this officially setup via USA dealers? I ask this as I saw in the thread to change your location to Europe->Great Britain being the only way to get BMW live in the US.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/10/08/co...n-netherlands/
UAgeek71 is offline   United_States
      10-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #26
Technic
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAgeek71 View Post
I just picked up my 2011 production date 9/11 with 609, 615, 6FL, 6NR, 6NR, 6VC coded and active. If I want to add BMW live as per this thread, I need USB tethering, which I do have working on my iPhone. My big question is do I also need to subscribe to BMW 639 (BMW assist) for BMW live to work, even though the BMW info menu and send to car functions are no longer active? Is there even a reason to do so with BMW live?
BMW Live does not depends on BMW Assist, they are mutually exclusive. BMW Live -as stated in this thread- removes the BMW Assist selections from the iDrive screen, but not the service if present.

Quote:
Lastly according to this post (see link below) BMW live is available in North America. Does this mean Canada only, or has anyone been able to get this officially setup via USA dealers? I ask this as I saw in the thread to change your location to Europe->Great Britain being the only way to get BMW live in the US.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/10/08/co...n-netherlands/
BMW Live is not available in the USA. What that link refers to is to ConnectedDrive in general. What is available in the USA is BMW Search -a $199 a year service that mimics BMW Live with the same fundamental features.
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States