E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > HPDE Track Setup Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #45
neilvosko
Major
neilvosko's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,429
Posts

 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

iTrader: (16)

Is anyone running rear spacers on square setup?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #46
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
TSM330i's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
3,131
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvosko View Post
Is anyone running rear spacers on square setup?
I run front and rear spacers on my track setup.

My wheels are Enkei RPF1 18x8.5 et40 and I run a 5mm spacer front and rear.
BFGoodrich R1 in 245/40-18.
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #47
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
20
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvosko View Post
Is anyone running rear spacers on square setup?
18x9.5, 275/35/18 hankook rs3's. Running a 10mm spacer in the rear for effective +25 offset.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #48
neilvosko
Major
neilvosko's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,429
Posts

 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

iTrader: (16)

seems like 22 effective offset is the max/optimum ?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #49
neilvosko
Major
neilvosko's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,429
Posts

 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

iTrader: (16)

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #50
vwong
Lieutenant
vwong's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
594
Posts

 
Drives: All Euro
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to vwong Send a message via Yahoo to vwong
Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
18x9.5, 275/35/18 hankook rs3's. Running a 10mm spacer in the rear for effective +25 offset.
Are you running 275 on 9.5" wheels in the fronts? What offset, and what camber setting?
__________________
2010 Audi S4 6MT
2009 BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
YouTube Channel
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #51
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
20
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwong View Post
Are you running 275 on 9.5" wheels in the fronts? What offset, and what camber setting?
No no. Misunderstanding.
That's for rear.

Front is 255/35/18 on 9"
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #52
neilvosko
Major
neilvosko's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,429
Posts

 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

iTrader: (16)

255s square = sweetspot
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #53
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
UltraRacer13's Avatar
British Virgin Islands
19
Rep
911
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335xi e92 MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvosko View Post
255s square = sweetspot
THIS!!
__________________

XI | COBB | AST | Vorshlag | PFC | STETT | StopTech | Apex | DCI
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 05:36 AM   #54
nkadisha
Lieutenant
nkadisha's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
529
Posts

 
Drives: N54 335
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (3)

Anyone running a 265 square?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #55
taibanl
Brigadier General
taibanl's Avatar
65
Rep
3,642
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NA

iTrader: (4)

335d

Considering following upgrades (tracked once, planning on 1-3x/year):
1) BMW performance suspension (from stock/non-zsp)
2) Upgraded Wagner FMIC (1-2% hp boost, 23 degrees cooler, less heat soak
3) LSD (Quaife or maybe Wavetrak).

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #56
Smooth 330i
Major
Smooth 330i's Avatar
17
Rep
1,056
Posts

 
Drives: Sleepy 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
335d

Considering following upgrades (tracked once, planning on 1-3x/year):
1) BMW performance suspension (from stock/non-zsp)
2) Upgraded Wagner FMIC (1-2% hp boost, 23 degrees cooler, less heat soak
3) LSD (Quaife or maybe Wavetrak).

Thoughts?
1 and 3 are nice upgrades but ... you will open up a can of warms lol. Once I upgraded suspension I had to replace subframe bushings and it goes on ...
__________________

E90 330i Sport | JRZ RS1 | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve
M3 Bits | GC | Apex | Braile | Supersprint | Reccaro
Stoptech BBK | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | Turner
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #57
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
UltraRacer13's Avatar
British Virgin Islands
19
Rep
911
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335xi e92 MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

So an update to my setup-

AST 4100- run usually 6/10F 8/10R, but a work in progress
Vorshlag Plates, -2.0 Front -1.75 Rear
APEX ARC-8 17x9 Square
Nitto NT-01 255/40/17
StopTech Powerslot rotors w/ PFC-08 (love these pads!!)

I really like the alignment settings, getting even wear on tires. Still tweaking rebound settings.
__________________

XI | COBB | AST | Vorshlag | PFC | STETT | StopTech | Apex | DCI
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #58
DallasBoosted
Captain
DallasBoosted's Avatar
11
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Ground Control coilovers 525f/650r spring rates, dampers adjustments in the middle of the range f/r
Ground control camber plates, -3.3 degrees front -2.4 degrees rear, 1/8" total toe out in the front, 1/8" total toe in in the rear
UUC 27mm front 19mm rear swaybars, both on the softer of the two adjustment holes
Nitto NT01 255/40-17 front 275/40-17 rear tires on 17x9.5 et35 Arc-8's
Stoptech 355mm BBK front axle, PFC06 pads, stock rotors/pads/calipers rear
OS Giken Superlock LSD
Powerflex subframe/diff bushings
Stett Stage 2 oil cooler
downpipes/cat back exhaust/FMIC, Cobb stage 2+ FMIC tune

Running great so far, working on tightening the nut behind the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #59
will.c
Lieutenant
will.c's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
588
Posts

 
Drives: E46M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
Ground Control coilovers 525f/650r spring rates, dampers adjustments in the middle of the range f/r
Ground control camber plates, -3.3 degrees front -2.4 degrees rear, 1/8" total toe out in the front, 1/8" total toe in in the rear
UUC 27mm front 19mm rear swaybars, both on the softer of the two adjustment holes
Nitto NT01 255/40-17 front 275/40-17 rear tires on 17x9.5 et35 Arc-8's
Stoptech 355mm BBK front axle, PFC06 pads, stock rotors/pads/calipers rear
OS Giken Superlock LSD
Powerflex subframe/diff bushings
Stett Stage 2 oil cooler
downpipes/cat back exhaust/FMIC, Cobb stage 2+ FMIC tune

Running great so far, working on tightening the nut behind the wheel.
BEAST...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #60
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
88
Rep
8,674
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraRacer13 View Post
So an update to my setup-

AST 4100- run usually 6/10F 8/10R, but a work in progress
Vorshlag Plates, -2.0 Front -1.75 Rear
APEX ARC-8 17x9 Square
Nitto NT-01 255/40/17
StopTech Powerslot rotors w/ PFC-08 (love these pads!!)

I really like the alignment settings, getting even wear on tires. Still tweaking rebound settings.
Do your pads have the metal clip in the back? If not, do they vibrate like hell at medium/low speed?
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #61
mid-corner fun
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,418
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NE

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Do your pads have the metal clip in the back? If not, do they vibrate like hell at medium/low speed?
Both PFC01 and PFC08 now come with clips, this was not the case previously. I'm starting this year with PFC08s as a test (instead of DTC70s)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #62
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
88
Rep
8,674
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
Both PFC01 and PFC08 now come with clips, this was not the case previously. I'm starting this year with PFC08s as a test (instead of DTC70s)
Where do you folks order your PFC from? Thanks for the info.

My PFC 08 my mechanic had to fabricate a wedge to minimize the back and forth play, otherwise it sounded as someone hammering away repetitively at a piece of metal.
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #63
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Do your pads have the metal clip in the back? If not, do they vibrate like hell at medium/low speed?
I bought the PFC 08 when they were released, front and rear. It's good to hear the new ones are coming with clips on the front. Mine rattled like hell for a few months, then after a few track days and street driving, no rattling ...hmm.
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #64
mid-corner fun
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,418
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NE

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Where do you folks order your PFC from? Thanks for the info.

My PFC 08 my mechanic had to fabricate a wedge to minimize the back and forth play, otherwise it sounded as someone hammering away repetitively at a piece of metal.
I know that sound very very well, the looks I used to get from other drivers on the way back from the track with PFC01s were priceless

I bought mine from Harold (hpashop) about a month ago.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #65
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
88
Rep
8,674
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
I know that sound very very well, the looks I used to get from other drivers on the way back from the track with PFC01s were priceless

I bought mine from Harold (hpashop) about a month ago.
ha ha yes, and I drove in bumper to bumper traffic on the highway and tried not to make eye contact with drivers in the cars around me, lol! I even saw some nodding their heads in disbelief....
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #66
kenneth
Major General
kenneth's Avatar
Canada
88
Rep
8,674
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I bought the PFC 08 when they were released, front and rear. It's good to hear the new ones are coming with clips on the front. Mine rattled like hell for a few months, then after a few track days and street driving, no rattling ...hmm.
I guess the track days must have evened the rotor surface flat and hence no more grabbing of the pad by the rotor.
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST