E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Is your proceed 335 faster than my N/A M3 ?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #45
SfValley335i
Colonel
 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusso View Post
Remember , The Question Is..will A Proceed 335 Beat My Modded M3 ? I Have Yet To Have A Proceed 335 Local Volunteer.

check your PM's and call me... the # you gave me is wrong
SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #46
trickydick
Private
 
trickydick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 3351 e92
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: your mom

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

A stock 335i can almost beat an m3, the procede 335i will kick the sh!t out of m3.
trickydick is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #47
Kung Pao
The Noob
 
Drives: E46 330Ci w/ ZHP
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: (775)

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm3r View Post


make sure you post the videos, hopefully a clear and visible one .

sometimes you can barely make out some of the videos on here
+1 about time we had a decent vid. I vote 335 FTW
Kung Pao is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #48
Driver72
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusso View Post
Remember , The Question Is..will A Proceed 335 Beat My Modded M3 ? I Have Yet To Have A Proceed 335 Local Volunteer.
What kind of power are you putting down?

I'd say you'll lose if you are not putting down 310+ rwhp

Too bad you didn't post this question a week ago.
I had a PROcede 335i sedan and I could of met up with you anytime last week to do these runs.

But to give you an idea a stock M3 runs nearly side by side with a stock 335i until about 90ish, where the stock M3 will start to pull a bit and probably put 1 or so car lengths on the stock 335 by 120ish.

A PROceded 335i will pull about 5-6 car lengths on a stock 335i from a 40-120 roll.

So unless you can pull at least 4-5 car lengths on a stock E46 M3, you will lose.
I would of so been your man, and this discussion would of been done with had this been posted just a few days earlier.

**My PROceded 335i sedan is gone to a friend, now awaiting my Coupe.**
Driver72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #49
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
 
tek818's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,835
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
nice call Driver72. what made you decide to change to the coupe?
tek818 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 09:06 PM   #50
Walked U
Brigadier General
 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 3,118
iTrader: (5)

Need more than 310 rwhp. I have a friend making 310 rwhp on his m3 with 4.10 gears and its not a very fair race.
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Walked U is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 09:12 PM   #51
Driver72
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

ABTek818,
Simple, it was the car I wanted from the get-go.
I was impatient in December and didn't want to wait 3 months for it.
As much as I loved my sedan, every time I saw a Coupe I wished I waited and gotten it instead.

Then a friend of mine who saw my car fell in love with it (actually 2 friends did) One went out and got a black 335i (last week) and the other wanted my exact car.
He told my other friend (who got the black 335i), "man I love his car, if I got that car I'd fix it up exactly as he has. Actually if he wanted to sell it I'd buy it."

He called me we talked. He offered to assume my lease and give me some cash for the mods I put into it. Done deal!

Plus after looking at more and more pics of the M3, I just wanted that car (in a sense). My coupe will also be Montego Blue with the Saddle interior.
It'll look sweet when I'm done with it (poor man's M3 )
Hopefully mid to late June delivery.

Oh, and the fact it has the oil cooler and new fuel pumps made it an easy decision too. I also got Comfort Access and the new USB/Ipod adapter too.
Driver72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #52
Driver72
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post
Need more than 310 rwhp. I have a friend making 310 rwhp on his m3 with 4.10 gears and its not a very fair race.

You're not talking about Drew are you? If so, thought he had 3.91 gears.
You also have more than just a PROcede in your car.
I'd think 310+ rwhp and 4.10 gears on an E46 would make it run easily with a PROceded only 335i?

Most PROcede only 335i's are putting down 310-320 rwhp.
So an M3 needs about that too. Even though it will have less torque, the M3, with it's high rpm pull and gearing advantage, should hold it's own if it's putting down 310+ rwhp against a PROceded only 335i.
Driver72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #53
Walked U
Brigadier General
 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 3,118
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
You're not talking about Drew are you? If so, thought he had 3.91 gears.
You also have more than just a PROcede in your car.
I'd think 310+ rwhp and 4.10 gears on an E46 would make it run easily with a PROceded only 335i?

Most PROcede only 335i's are putting down 310-320 rwhp.
So an M3 needs about that too. Even though it will have less torque, the M3, with it's high rpm pull and gearing advantage, should hold it's own if it's putting down 310+ rwhp against a PROceded only 335i.
Naw. im talking about my other friend.

The videos are in here. http://youtube.com/profile?user=vwgetta

2 of the same cars = differnet power. You cant really compare until you line them up.

If you can have the same 2 cars with the same mods. But 1 will always be a little faster than the other.

Just some engines are stronger than others. Even if your making the same peak power. BOth your dyno graphs can be making totally differnet torque/hp curves.
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Walked U is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #54
Driver72
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post
Naw. im talking about my other friend.

The videos are in here. http://youtube.com/profile?user=vwgetta

2 of the same cars = differnet power. You cant really compare until you line them up.

If you can have the same 2 cars with the same mods. But 1 will always be a little faster than the other.

Just some engines are stronger than others. Even if your making the same peak power. BOth your dyno graphs can be making totally differnet torque/hp curves.

Yes that's true.
But again, you have more than just a PROcede on your car too.
Driver72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #55
Walked U
Brigadier General
 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 3,118
iTrader: (5)

Not when I raced that m3 I did. The only video on there of me racing when I had test pipes is me vs blue335i which he has test pipe and TT.
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Walked U is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 11:20 PM   #56
hotrod182
.
 
hotrod182's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i, 06 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 3,461
iTrader: (0)

I have a 06 M3 SMG and 07 335i Steptronic Sedan. They are very very close. However the quickest time in my M3 is quicker than my quickest time in my 335i. 13.099@107.58 vs 13.268@105.36. However this is at 49F, Sea Level. At the slower Famosa track that day, I ran a 13.55@104.14. The Procede sedans were running anywhere from 13.01-13.66 seconds at 106-107.5mph approx. The forced induction M3 was in a different league..I think 112mph+. My 13.55 qtr was right there with the 6.0L GTOs which is amazing considering my car is just a normally aspirated 3.2L. The main differences are in reflexes. My 335i is smooth, and torquey. The M3 has instantaneous throttle response, shifts, etc. It also has much more composed handling in the 100-150mph range. The 335i feels nervous in comparison. The freeway discipline of the M3 is much more stable and effortless. If you sit in the 335i as a passenger, you feel a lot of lateral movement as the 335i deals with rain groves, etc. The M3 tracks so straight, so easily. The 335i pulls very hard, but is disappointing in how it levels off at higher rpms, with the stock boost map. Sometimes I think the 335i is more fun to drive because its so easy to drive fast, and its a real comfortable sleeper. But the M3 feels so much more elemental and sporty. Secondly, I raced my M3 at Buttonwillow in 106F track temps, the oil never got above 250F. The 335i would probably of went into limp mode in those same conditions. However, my M3 was $62K, and my 335i only $45K. They are both amazing cars. I was going to get a new M5 next, but I think Im gonna wait for the new M3 now.
hotrod182 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #57
SfValley335i
Colonel
 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
It was nice meeting you Brusso.

Nothing like a little fun on a wed. night. I didnt get the chance to ask you but I'm pretty sure you'll go with the 335i after what you saw tonight.

I'll post up the crappy video I took with my digi cam. I just wish we took it up a little higher on the last run....
SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #58
hotrod182
.
 
hotrod182's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i, 06 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 3,461
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
It was nice meeting you Brusso.

Nothing like a little fun on a wed. night. I didnt get the chance to ask you but I'm pretty sure you'll go with the 335i after what you saw tonight.

I'll post up the crappy video I took with my digi cam. I just wish we took it up a little higher on the last run....
Up to what speed? From a stand still, roll on? How many car lengths??
hotrod182 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2007, 12:08 AM   #59
SfValley335i
Colonel
 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
Up to what speed? From a stand still, roll on? How many car lengths??

did a few runs from dig... a run from ~10mph roll. two runs 60-110ish
did runs in manual mode and non-manual modes.

you'll see the videos once I compress them... damn wga! cant download wm encoder
SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2007, 12:11 AM   #60
Walked U
Brigadier General
 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 3,118
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
did a few runs from dig... a run from ~10mph roll. two runs 60-110ish
did runs in manual mode and non-manual modes.

you'll see the videos once I compress them... damn wga! cant download wm encoder
Good ol crappy SD video card for my 4 mega pixel cannon hahah doesnt fail me
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Walked U is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2007, 12:22 AM   #61
brusso
Second Lieutenant
 
brusso's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 258
iTrader: (2)

Nice to meet you Jon ? or John... I must say I was very impressed with the stock 335... auto at that. I only wish temps were a little higher so I could get some traction in first and early second. I tried launch controll once and just spun the tires. Then from a roll I would loose traction again in the higher rpms. We got one decent run on the fwy from about 60... I pulled about a car I think pu to 110 end of 3rd.... then instead of 4th I put it in 5th. ooops.... I think a proceed 335 will take me by about 2 cars or so. If I can get traction from a dig I may do better maybe worse depending on how fast the proceed is. If I made one mistake the 335 was gone. Launch wrong he's gone miss a shift he's gone. It seemed to me to be a real drivers race.
In the end no offense Jon but I prefer my car to a stock 335er just because of my mods. They make the car mine and not just another 335.... but I guess I could mod a 335 too....
talk to you soon .
__________________
AA boosted 500+ hp
brusso is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2007, 12:23 AM   #62
SfValley335i
Colonel
 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post
Good ol crappy SD video card for my 4 mega pixel cannon hahah doesnt fail me

hahaha im encoding it in flash... 30mb to 2mb muahaha made video ugly but oh well...

btw i used my trusty yet shitty SD630 6mp

couple more mins... btw its not the best recording (keeping things fun and safe as possible)
SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2007, 12:28 AM   #63
SfValley335i
Colonel
 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusso View Post
Nice to meet you Jon ? or John... I must say I was very impressed with the stock 335... auto at that. I only wish temps were a little higher so I could get some traction in first and early second. I tried launch controll once and just spun the tires. Then from a roll I would loose traction again in the higher rpms. We got one decent run on the fwy from about 60... I pulled about a car I think pu to 110 end of 3rd.... then instead of 4th I put it in 5th. ooops.... I think a proceed 335 will take me by about 2 cars or so. If I can get traction from a dig I may do better maybe worse depending on how fast the proceed is. If I made one mistake the 335 was gone. Launch wrong he's gone miss a shift he's gone. It seemed to me to be a real drivers race.
In the end no offense Jon but I prefer my car to a stock 335er just because of my mods. They make the car mine and not just another 335.... but I guess I could mod a 335 too....
talk to you soon .

thats true, looks-wise your car is hot. Powerwise 335i with your mods will own an m3 with the same mods. The highway video i got doesnt show you ahead by 1 car.... video will do justice.

if you dont sell your car by this weekend I'd love to do a couple day time runs with 1 extra body in both of our cars. (to get better recording)
SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2007, 12:38 AM   #64
brusso
Second Lieutenant
 
brusso's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 258
iTrader: (2)

I was guessing on the one car. I'm not trying to down play how fast your car was... is.... are you talking about the first fwy run or second ? I'm down for a few runs on the weekend ... I will still have the car.
By the way Jon ... pm me the info for long beach bmw. I'll give him a call.
thanks
__________________
AA boosted 500+ hp
brusso is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2007, 04:03 AM   #65
esquire
Colonel
 
esquire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

Posts: 2,800
iTrader: (0)

brusso.... to reply to your earlier post: the new M3 will start production in late 07... the new DCT transmission will be available in spring of 08. a 1 year wait will get you the M you want with the tranny that you want.... that is, if you're willing to wait.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
esquire is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2007, 05:57 AM   #66
fullrev
2011 E92 M3
 
fullrev's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 432
iTrader: (2)

i would like to see a video
__________________
2011 E92 M3 6MT
Gone - 2007 E90 335i
fullrev is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST