E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Eibach Sports Plus lowering springs



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
YBMB
Captain
YBMB's Avatar
Japan
15
Rep
607
Posts

Drives: like James May
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (1)

Eibach Sports Plus lowering springs

So I've been thinking about lowering my car and like many others I don't want to spend a ton of money on lowering it. Ive read on tire rack that Eibachs springs are designed to work with stock shocks is this true? From what I've heard from the forums its always a bad idea installing just springs but if Tirerack a reliable source, not Eibach themselves is saying that the springs work with stock shocks should I really believe this is true?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 10:02 PM   #2
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
dwells's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,522
Posts

Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New England

iTrader: (5)

I'm interested as well. I'd like to go a little lower (1.5" up front, 1" rear) and these seem like a good solution. I'm curious how the ride would compare to the stock E92 sport springs.
__________________
| 335i coupe | Monaco Blue | JB4 G5 ISO | Style 313M | Huper 40% tint | Aero lip | CSL trunk spoiler | M3 sideskirts
| Paint-matched grilles | Painted reflectors | GP Thunder II angel eyes | Smoked LED sidemarkers | Self-coded |
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
hongsc
Captain
United_States
97
Rep
898
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Amazon Prime

iTrader: (1)

I have Eibach Pro Kit Springs installed on stock for a short bit on stock non-sports. It was okay. Upgraded to Koni FSDs and it was noticeably better. But I'm sure most could live or be happy on stock shocks. My friend actually liked the ride better on the stock shocks.
__________________
2011 BMW 328i Space Grey|18" Avant Garde m359|Michelin Pilot Sport A/S2|Eibach Pro-Kit Springs|Koni FSD|Lux Angel Eyes|Stoptech|Hawk 5.0|aFe Race Pipes|BMW PE
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
John1300
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

bumppppppppppp
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
bahasad
Major
bahasad's Avatar
United_States
187
Rep
1,448
Posts

Drives: F30, E90
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhereinamerica

iTrader: (4)

FWIW, I just bought a set of Eibach Sportline springs for my E90. They are supposed to be a bit lower then the Prokit springs and mention a 2.0"/1.4" drop. Still haven't installed them but based on what I saw on some threads, they are the perfect drop without being way too aggressive.

I do have stock shocks at 83K miles. Car feels great, but I am left wondering if I should buy a set of konis dampers. My last car had 140K miles on stock shocks before I lowered it slightly and it still drove great.
__________________
Current : 14 F30 328I 7/14, Glacier Silver, Sportline, M Sport, BMS Tuned, 20% Tint, Trunk Spoiler, Dinan Springs, Square 19" Apex PS-7, IND Gloss Kidneys, AA Exhaust, Injen CAI, M Perf Lip
Mod Thread: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1038010, 16 Mustang Ecoboost, 08 E90 328I 7/13, Arktikmetallic
Gone but not forgotten: 2007 E90 335I, 2004 Acura TL, 1995 E36 325IS, 2004 Civic SI.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
mbanks21
Major
97
Rep
1,434
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i MSport
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: St. Pete Florida

iTrader: (8)

If you have 83k miles on your stock shocks you will feel a WORLD of differance by replacing them. I replaced mine at 73k and they were WORN out. Think of it like a mattress. You can have a mattress 5 years, 10 years, 20 years. At 20 years it's still a mattress right? But you get a new one and you think "Oh my god why didnt I do this sooner"
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #7
TokyoCarGuy
Lieutenant
TokyoCarGuy's Avatar
Japan
161
Rep
587
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tokyo, Japan

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahasad View Post
FWIW, I just bought a set of Eibach Sportline springs for my E90. They are supposed to be a bit lower then the Prokit springs and mention a 2.0"/1.4" drop. Still haven't installed them but based on what I saw on some threads, they are the perfect drop without being way too aggressive.

I do have stock shocks at 83K miles. Car feels great, but I am left wondering if I should buy a set of konis dampers. My last car had 140K miles on stock shocks before I lowered it slightly and it still drove great.
I don't see Sportlines being made for E90 (although I would really want to install them) Do you have more info? part number? I assume you installed on spock shocks (MSport?)
__________________
Please visit my automotive website based in Japan:
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #8
bahasad
Major
bahasad's Avatar
United_States
187
Rep
1,448
Posts

Drives: F30, E90
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhereinamerica

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoCarGuy View Post
I don't see Sportlines being made for E90 (although I would really want to install them) Do you have more info? part number? I assume you installed on spock shocks (MSport?)
I bought the eibach sportlines from tire rack for my E90 328I non-msport.
The part # is 4.8520.

I should be getting them installed tomorrow and I'll take some photos of it soon.
__________________
Current : 14 F30 328I 7/14, Glacier Silver, Sportline, M Sport, BMS Tuned, 20% Tint, Trunk Spoiler, Dinan Springs, Square 19" Apex PS-7, IND Gloss Kidneys, AA Exhaust, Injen CAI, M Perf Lip
Mod Thread: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1038010, 16 Mustang Ecoboost, 08 E90 328I 7/13, Arktikmetallic
Gone but not forgotten: 2007 E90 335I, 2004 Acura TL, 1995 E36 325IS, 2004 Civic SI.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 12:38 AM   #9
TokyoCarGuy
Lieutenant
TokyoCarGuy's Avatar
Japan
161
Rep
587
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tokyo, Japan

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thanks bro!

but looks like they don't make those for 335... weird.
__________________
Please visit my automotive website based in Japan:
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #10
stanlalee
Major
162
Rep
1,135
Posts

Drives: 07' E92 335i manual
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Newport News, Va

iTrader: (0)

Don't put anything other than Eibach "pro kit" springs on stock dampers. Despite what is usually said you can live with lower more aggressive springs than pro-kits on stock shocks if going lower cheap is priority one BUT your missing out big time on handling and comfort balance. On day one they will feel great (I've done this over and over until I've learned my lesson) and the deterioration in ride quality is so gradual you probably won't even notice until either you replace the dampers which wakes you up to how bad it was or you wake up one day down the road with the epiphany the ride sucks compared to how it use to. I think Eibach Pro-kit is okay on stock dampers but leave the Sportlines and H&R sports for upgraded dampers.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
YBMB
Captain
YBMB's Avatar
Japan
15
Rep
607
Posts

Drives: like James May
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (1)

Thanks for the input guys! last week one of my rear shocks leaked so I had to get them replaced and opted for a set of Bilstein shocks with H&R sports. The stance looks amazing and the ride quality is just a tad bit rough than stock. at first it did seem firmer but not as rough as expected. A few days after i got them installed I went to NYC and I swear I thought my shocks were ruined again. The potholes and bumps on the FDR drive are HORRIBLE!! especially when people are racing their way through and you can't slow down..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #12
bcautosound
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2008 328XI
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lansing, Mi

iTrader: (0)

So i would normally start a new thread but for some reason i am not allowed to post new threads. I just bought a 2008 328xi that has eibach lowering springs on the car. My question is what all do I have to buy to return car to normal ride height. I have found all four springs for about $600. I just don't know if anything else is changed when these springs are installed.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 04:39 PM   #13
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
TheSt|G's Avatar
United_States
165
Rep
4,735
Posts

Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Outside Philly

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBMB View Post
Thanks for the input guys! last week one of my rear shocks leaked so I had to get them replaced and opted for a set of Bilstein shocks with H&R sports. The stance looks amazing and the ride quality is just a tad bit rough than stock. at first it did seem firmer but not as rough as expected. A few days after i got them installed I went to NYC and I swear I thought my shocks were ruined again. The potholes and bumps on the FDR drive are HORRIBLE!! especially when people are racing their way through and you can't slow down..
That's pretty much what lowering springs do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcautosound View Post
So i would normally start a new thread but for some reason i am not allowed to post new threads. I just bought a 2008 328xi that has eibach lowering springs on the car. My question is what all do I have to buy to return car to normal ride height. I have found all four springs for about $600. I just don't know if anything else is changed when these springs are installed.
Just look around for a set of stock springs in the for sale section. Much cheaper than buying new as you can score a set off someone switching to something else.

Pictures would help determine if anything else in your suspension is different.
__________________
130is MSport 6MT/ SuperSprint Headers & Exhaust with Swain Tech Race Coat / DISA Manifold / EVOLVE Tune / TCK DA Coilovers / Euro CF Intake/Box / BMW v1 Wheel / BBS RGRs with PSS / F30 Brake Shield / BMW CF Spoiler & Diffuser / Blackline Tails / Rear Fogs Enabled / Front Fogs Delete / CDV Delete / BMW Black Kidneys / M5 Illuminated Knob / BMW Stripe
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #14
bcautosound
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2008 328XI
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lansing, Mi

iTrader: (0)

I can see that the shocks are still oem BMW. my question is do you change any thing else when you install the Eibach springs. For example, the rubber pieces the springs sit on in the mounts.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 05:35 PM   #15
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
TheSt|G's Avatar
United_States
165
Rep
4,735
Posts

Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Outside Philly

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcautosound View Post
I can see that the shocks are still oem BMW. my question is do you change any thing else when you install the Eibach springs. For example, the rubber pieces the springs sit on in the mounts.
Generally not.

Sometimes people get the sway bar to go with it though.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST