E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Zoomers exhaust. * Pics *



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2007, 11:36 PM   #45
Walked U
Brigadier General
68
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
Very cool! How much weight did this save vs. the stock mufflers, and is it louder or quieter than the resonator delete?
A lot louder than just the 2ndary cat and resonator delete.

I cant be 100% positive on the weight savings until I get it on a proper scale. Ill ask zoomers to weigh everything once we get a stock e90 335i exhaust on the ground. As you can see all i have is straight pipes to the stock mufflers / tips.

Missing a lot of weight from the 2 cats piping and resonator.
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #46
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post
A lot louder than just the 2ndary cat and resonator delete.

I cant be 100% positive on the weight savings until I get it on a proper scale. Ill ask zoomers to weigh everything once we get a stock e90 335i exhaust on the ground. As you can see all i have is straight pipes to the stock mufflers / tips.

Missing a lot of weight from the 2 cats piping and resonator.
Yeah, and the mufflers also look lighter. I have the res delete now and I'm wondering if I should also swap out the rear mufflers. I like the res delete performance but would like a deeper sound.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #47
Walked U
Brigadier General
68
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
Yeah, and the mufflers also look lighter. I have the res delete now and I'm wondering if I should also swap out the rear mufflers. I like the res delete performance but would like a deeper sound.
Ya exactly. Thats why I got the test pipe over at valley muffler until I was 100% sure of what system I wanted to go with.

It was sort of a temporary fix.

But as noise wise. Im very happy with the results. The tone is a lot deeper and louder. No rasp at all.

If you lived next to me I would beable to show you in person. My camera doesnt do it justice. I really need to buy a new one. But keep dumping money into my car.
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 11:50 PM   #48
CASHBY
United_States
60
Rep
2,117
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335 "done up"
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: GARAGE

iTrader: (2)

sooooooooooo fckin clean!

your welcome
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #49
Walked U
Brigadier General
68
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEA 3 View Post
sooooooooooo fckin clean!

your welcome
Hahahah for sure.

Hahahah thanks man. Charlie hit that shit up
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #50
SoCal335i
Banned
13
Rep
771
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cali

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post
Ya exactly. Thats why I got the test pipe over at valley muffler until I was 100% sure of what system I wanted to go with.

It was sort of a temporary fix.

But as noise wise. Im very happy with the results. The tone is a lot deeper and louder. No rasp at all.

If you lived next to me I would beable to show you in person. My camera doesnt do it justice. I really need to buy a new one. But keep dumping money into my car.
You ever go to any of the meets on thursday?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #51
Walked U
Brigadier General
68
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
You ever go to any of the meets on thursday?
Thursday?

Im guessing off jamboree in tustin?
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 11:55 PM   #52
SoCal335i
Banned
13
Rep
771
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cali

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post
Thursday?

Im guessing off jamboree in tustin?
No, theres one in northridge and one in woodland hills.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 12:02 AM   #53
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post
Thursday?

Im guessing off jamboree in tustin?
LOL Walked U is too far from the 818 to even know about the small meets here.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 12:06 AM   #54
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Johnny Lin's Avatar
Taiwan
233
Rep
11,312
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (42)

Sounds nice! Sounds like the Kerscher exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 12:07 AM   #55
Walked U
Brigadier General
68
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
LOL Walked U is too far from the 818 to even know about the small meets here.
Ahh. ya sorry man. 818 is far from me. Hahha

Only time i go down there is for the meets to pasedena, and thats probably once a month.

Ummm only other time I know im bringing the car out over in that area. Is on the weekend I believe its on the 28th? Theres a dyno day going on. It on a dynapack but whatever. Im going to dyno it on both dynapack and dynojets and see how much of a differance in hp there is.

Oh btw its at church auto.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57058
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 12:27 AM   #56
Jonmartin
Banned
Jonmartin's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
2,103
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angles (818)

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Where are those meets damn it. I wanna go lol... I'm right in the heart of the 818.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 12:28 AM   #57
Walked U
Brigadier General
68
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Where are those meets damn it. I wanna go lol... I'm right in the heart of the 818.

Jon you on aim?
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 12:48 AM   #58
radgator1
Lieutenant Colonel
radgator1's Avatar
25
Rep
1,604
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post
Ahh. ya sorry man. 818 is far from me. Hahha

Only time i go down there is for the meets to pasedena, and thats probably once a month.

Ummm only other time I know im bringing the car out over in that area. Is on the weekend I believe its on the 28th? Theres a dyno day going on. It on a dynapack but whatever. Im going to dyno it on both dynapack and dynojets and see how much of a differance in hp there is.

Oh btw its at church auto.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57058
Church auto's Dyno reads real high. My car 6AT with TT and Valley Muffler test pipe made 400 ft-lb torque and 360 HP at the hub:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90gar...%20(Large).jpg


I would guess your car will read well over 415/370 on his Dyno.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 12:51 AM   #59
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
tek818's Avatar
38
Rep
1,838
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Yea I'd like to hit up a valley meet too... Any of u guys go to BJ's? Got my PROcede in the mail today!! Can't waiiiiiiit
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #60
Walked U
Brigadier General
68
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radgator1 View Post
Church auto's Dyno reads real high. My car 6AT with TT and Valley Muffler test pipe made 400 ft-lb torque and 360 HP at the hub:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90gar...%20(Large).jpg


I would guess your car will read well over 415/370 on his Dyno.

Ya i figured as much. Im gonig to dyno it on a dynojet also.

But I wanted to dyno it at church's because jon is going and we wanna dyno our cars on the same dyno to see our numbers.
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 12:54 AM   #61
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Tek 818 View Post
Yea I'd like to hit up a valley meet too... Any of u guys go to BJ's? Got my PROcede in the mail today!! Can't waiiiiiiit
BJ's meet been canceled for a while now due to burn outs being done on top floor of parking structure. From what I hear, they just have the meet at The Habit now.

There is a new ricer meet emerging on Thursday nights in Northridge on Plummer, by the mall...by Jamba Juice, Starbuck, etc. All sorts of cars go there and most of them do stupid crap too. Devonshire dept. is keeping a close eye on that.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 01:04 AM   #62
radgator1
Lieutenant Colonel
radgator1's Avatar
25
Rep
1,604
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post
Ya i figured as much. Im gonig to dyno it on a dynojet also.

But I wanted to dyno it at church's because jon is going and we wanna dyno our cars on the same dyno to see our numbers.
It's a real nice shop. Lots of space, and its just about at the beach so good temps and level for dynoing. I think he has 3 Dyno now to. Lots of Honda tuning going on there.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 01:07 AM   #63
Walked U
Brigadier General
68
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radgator1 View Post
It's a real nice shop. Lots of space, and its just about at the beach so good temps and level for dynoing. I think he has 3 Dyno now to. Lots of Honda tuning going on there.
Ya i hear dynapacks are very popular with the honda community.
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 01:13 AM   #64
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
tek818's Avatar
38
Rep
1,838
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
BJ's meet been canceled for a while now due to burn outs being done on top floor of parking structure. From what I hear, they just have the meet at The Habit now.

There is a new ricer meet emerging on Thursday nights in Northridge on Plummer, by the mall...by Jamba Juice, Starbuck, etc. All sorts of cars go there and most of them do stupid crap too. Devonshire dept. is keeping a close eye on that.
fawk ricer meets.... Us bimmer guys should get together for a nice steak or some sushi
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 01:16 AM   #65
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Tek 818 View Post
fawk ricer meets.... Us bimmer guys should get together for a nice steak or some sushi
I'm down for a get together as long as it is done in a civilized manner. I would also recommending to avoid having meets on Thursday nights since that is race night here in the 818. I like the idea of Monday nights, but I don't want to thread jack Walked U's thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 01:23 AM   #66
Walked U
Brigadier General
68
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Dont worry about it. haha
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST