E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > subwoofer not working. Any way to test?

09-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
BigLeagueChew

Drives: 330i

subwoofer not working. Any way to test?

330i with logic 7 after market radio and amp. i just got the car two weeks ago. It is an 06 model. It came with after market radio and amp. I didn't know having these were going to be so much of an issue. BMW recommended replacing all wiring,amp,and radio;and put back to factory spec. I chose not to. Is there a way to test to see that the woofer(s) are working? Everything else seems to be working fine tweets,mids, etc. just testing by ear. The car seems to have no bass which makes me think they are not working. Any way to check and see? I would prefer to whole system to see if it is working as well. If there is way to do this please let me know. Thanks for any help!
      09-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Denny347
Lieutenant

Drives: SGM 2006 330i

Not quite enough information yet. What amp and what is it running? Aftermarket amp/head replaced the L7 so I imagine you are at least running the front door speakers and either the underseats or a trunk sub right? Check your connections at the amp. If you have one woofer working and the other not, switch the outputs on the amp. If the non-working woofer changes sides, you have a problem with the amplifier. If the non-working subwoofer stays on the same side, you either have a bad woofer or a bad connection. You probably do not know WHAT speakers you have, if they are factory or aftermarket, do you? Grab a test speaker and connect it to the amp outputs to check the amp.
      09-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
kmarei
Major General

Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II

Garage List
Play any Barry White song
If you can hear his voice, your subs are ok
If all you hear is the instrumental version, your subs are shot

kmarei is offline   Egypt
      09-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
fdriller9
Banned

Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [3.22]
You probably blew the fuse on the amp. Check the inline fuse. It's normally right by the battery.
fdriller9 is offline   United_States