E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AA/Xede Installed



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-28-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

AA/Xede Installed

I came home Friday to a nice Active Autowerke/Xede surprise and after sweet-talking my wife into a late dinner (thanks again Tina!), threw it on the car. The install was pretty straight forward, taking around an hour, with a good portion of that spent trying to fish out a screw I dropped.

The install is basically identical to the Interceptor/Procede install from what I can tell. The major differences are the Xede doesn't have a dedicated ground wire, and the Xede has two extra wires you can use to install a map switch (I didn't install one, who would ever want to turn it off??)

After a few test runs I can say the car feels great, a definite improvement over my TT (which felt great compared to stock). The power is very linear and smooth, and it pulls hard up to redline. No shuddering under full load on the highway. I can say 100mph comes up very fast now (private roads, of course).

Now I'm off to remove the stock runflat tires in exchange for some Nitto 555Rs and General UHP's. Looking forward to German Invasion!

Last edited by Terry335; 04-28-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
Chesmu
Brigadier General
Chesmu's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
3,013
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X6
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Phoenix,AZ

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Chesmu
congrats on the buy. Glad you're happy with it.
__________________
"Teach the ignorant. Ignore the stupid."
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #3
MacAttack
Colonel
MacAttack's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
2,138
Posts

 
Drives: fast enough
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Afghanistan

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
Thx Terry. ...and it only cost you a dinner. You must be recently married.

Next stop....dyno bitte.
__________________
2007 E92 335i Coupe: Monaco Blue/Premium/Sports/Winter Package/Nav/CA/6MT/TT/Active Cruise/Active Steering/iPod/Rear Shade/Tint/Short Shifter/OEM Alum Pedals//
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #4
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
22
Rep
1,685
Posts

 
Drives: 335i|E92
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lost

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
Nice man..... Dyno?!
__________________
Life is Good
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
e.n335
Moderator
e.n335's Avatar
Austria
98
Rep
4,480
Posts

 
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Switzerland, ZH

iTrader: (0)

Hi Terry

Congratulations. I am sure it is a good product and you will enjoy it. I also contacted Omar, he was very polite and answered every single question I raised in a patient and competent way.

As you know I am a PROcede guy. But that does not prevent me from saying that the AA/XEde is a good product as well. Just different.

Cheers
Eugen
__________________
Not more than 500 chp for my daily driver. Well, ... .

Last edited by e.n335; 04-28-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #6
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Where did you get it from and how much?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #7
De90man
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
350
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Nice post Terry. The human side of horsepower
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #8
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Where did you get it from and how much?
AA, $1080 (no sales tax). They are doing some sort of special with a free install (LA Area) in a week or two.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Thanks all! A few dyno runs are in my future. I might hit Irwindale next Thursday also to see what I gained over the TT.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:35 PM   #10
Carnage
Lieutenant General
Carnage's Avatar
United_States
180
Rep
16,404
Posts

 
Drives: people insane
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: classified

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
Thx Terry. ...and it only cost you a dinner. You must be recently married.

Next stop....dyno bitte.
Once you're married long enough you don't even bother telling them about. If I put a Procharger on my Vette tomorrow she wouldn't notice the difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #11
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
AA, $1080 (no sales tax). They are doing some sort of special with a free install (LA Area) in a week or two.
Terry, who did you contact for this offer? And how did you get no sales tax? Did you pay cash? Thanks! This catches my eyes for free install since I am in L.A. area as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #12
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Here is the link. No sales tax since they are outside CA. Technically I'm supposed to go pay it on my own. I hope I don't forget to do that.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58488
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #13
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsarge View Post
Once you're married long enough you don't even bother telling them about. If I put a Procharger on my Vette tomorrow she wouldn't notice the difference.
lol, I put a procharger on my old C5 and never heard the end of it. She's coming around now with the 335. Does A&A out in Ventura make a C6 kit yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:42 PM   #14
e.n335
Moderator
e.n335's Avatar
Austria
98
Rep
4,480
Posts

 
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Switzerland, ZH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
Thanks all! A few dyno runs are in my future. I might hit Irwindale next Thursday also to see what I gained over the TT.
Typically you should see 45-55 rwhp gain and 60-75 torque gains ( compared to stock ). Got the numbers from AA.

Cheers
Eugen
__________________
Not more than 500 chp for my daily driver. Well, ... .
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:47 PM   #15
Carnage
Lieutenant General
Carnage's Avatar
United_States
180
Rep
16,404
Posts

 
Drives: people insane
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: classified

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
lol, I put a procharger on my old C5 and never heard the end of it. She's coming around now with the 335. Does A&A out in Ventura make a C6 kit yet?
Yep, and it takes you to 500+ RWHP for $5995. It's struggle everyday not to order one.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 05:08 PM   #16
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsarge View Post
Yep, and it takes you to 500+ RWHP for $5995. It's struggle everyday not to order one.
Ohhh, they make great kits. My only suggestion would be to get your own version of HP Tuners so you can adjust things on your own if needed.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 05:13 PM   #17
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
Here is the link. No sales tax since they are outside CA. Technically I'm supposed to go pay it on my own. I hope I don't forget to do that.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58488
Thanks for the info, dude.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 05:14 PM   #18
Carnage
Lieutenant General
Carnage's Avatar
United_States
180
Rep
16,404
Posts

 
Drives: people insane
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: classified

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
Ohhh, they make great kits. My only suggestion would be to get your own version of HP Tuners so you can adjust things on your own if needed.
that and stock in Goodyear since I'd be going through tires every other month.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 05:26 PM   #19
Terry335
Banned
United_States
42
Rep
2,587
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugen.niederreiter View Post
Typically you should see 45-55 rwhp gain and 60-75 torque gains ( compared to stock ). Got the numbers from AA.

Cheers
Eugen
Sounds about right, now to get working on an air intake.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #20
soma4u
First Lieutenant
soma4u's Avatar
4
Rep
328
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
After a few test runs I can say the car feels great, a definite improvement over my TT (which felt great compared to stock). The power is very linear and smooth, and it pulls hard up to redline. No shuddering under full load on the highway. I can say 100mph comes up very fast now (private roads, of course).
well your car may not have any fuel pump issues...yet...but congrats on the new toy!
__________________
'07 E92 335I--RECEIVED 11/28!
'06 4-RUNNER SPORT ED
'04 G-35 COUPE (RETIRED)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #21
bimmermans54
Second Lieutenant
9
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: boca raton

iTrader: (0)

You get the same power if not more than the procede. I dont know what you guys are talkin about. Its about 350+rwhp, and with 93 octane like 400lbs torque. Their numbers are off a MUSTANG dyno which read about 20-30rwhp LESS than a dynojet...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #22
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
10
Rep
428
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i, 125cc Trackmagic
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Santa Monica, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Dustin Bramell
Unless calibrated like a dynojet....in which case it is just that...like a dynojet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermans54 View Post
You get the same power if not more than the procede. I dont know what you guys are talkin about. Its about 350+rwhp, and with 93 octane like 400lbs torque. Their numbers are off a MUSTANG dyno which read about 20-30rwhp LESS than a dynojet...
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST