E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Perry or Obama



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #45
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
but no one put a big circle around "Hussein" with a bunch of MSPaint arrows around it, did they?
Come on dude, listen to yourself! No one who doesn't hate Obama would ever create/post a picture using his full name. Stop it with the fake ignorance.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #46
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

you guys just wanna fight, all this over a picture.

Nobody cares if you know more about PREZ obama from his childhood.

Next thing you know someone is gonna say its Racist because perry has a bigger pic them obama.
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #47
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
you guys just wanna fight, all this over a picture.

Nobody cares if you know more about PREZ obama from his childhood.
Thanks homophobe.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #48
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Thanks homophobe.
classy democratic since 1989?
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #49
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Also, they've both got their full names under their pics.
Why do they have both of their full names under their pics? What value does that add to the comparison between these two Presidential candidates?

Clearly the person who created this went well out of their way just to include these names instead of just using the names each of them use for themselves. What value did this add to the point they were trying to make?
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #50
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Why do they have both of their full names under their pics? What value does that add to the comparison between these two Presidential candidates?
so that nobody can call it racist

are you ashamed by his full name?.... Then why do you care?
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #51
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
As you're well aware, only the Obama haters call him Barry (amongst the general populace). Why?
- It's a juvenile sounding name, rendering Obama as less than presidential.
- It infers that Obama used the name to coverup his true identity, and so it aligns with the "you lie" crowd.
- It implies that he'll tell different people different things.

There's no rational reason for anyone who doesn't personally know Obama to call him Barry; it's not like he runs around telling people "call me Barry".
I will not argue that it's not disrespectful. It's most definitely disrespectful, and intentionally so. However, I just don't see why we have to scream "racist" when this is no different than the other guy being known oh so affectionately as "The Village Idiot".
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #52
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Come on dude, listen to yourself! No one who doesn't hate Obama would ever create/post a picture using his full name. Stop it with the fake ignorance.
People only have their full names displayed when being racially attacked? This I did not know; thank you for the educational experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Why do they have both of their full names under their pics? What value does that add to the comparison between these two Presidential candidates?

Clearly the person who created this went well out of their way just to include these names instead of just using the names each of them use for themselves. What value did this add to the point they were trying to make?
Again, you guys are fabricating issues here.

What point were they trying to make? They were trying to show Obama as a lazy 22 year old, and Perry as a motivated, dedicated, strong young man at 22. This they did.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #53
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
.
I know a lot of people who don't like President Obama based solely on factors outside of race. I don't know the man personally, but I can tell you I don't like him as POTUS. I can also tell you that it has nothing to do with race.

It's fine to dislike Obama because of his policies. But if someone EXPRESSES their hatred of Obama's policies by using racial epitaphs, or racial dog whistles, or racial stereotyping, they don't get to claim they aren't a racist just because they also disagree with Obama's policies.


For an extreme example, if someone hates Obama's Healthcare policy and then says that "N!!g3r Obama shouldn't be President", they don't then get to hide behind their dislike of Obamacare and then claim their comment wasn't racist. I'm not saying anything here is that extreme of an example, but the same holds true with what is going on here.


When people here hate Obama's policies, and then use racial/religious dog whistles to attack Obama, they don't get to hide behind their dislike of Obama's policy to defend the use of racial/religious dog whistles.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #54
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
It's fine to dislike Obama because of his policies. But if someone EXPRESSES their hatred of Obama's policies by using racial epitaphs, or racial dog whistles, or racial stereotyping, they don't get to claim they aren't a racist just because they also disagree with Obama's policies.


For an extreme example, if someone hates Obama's Healthcare policy and then says that "N!!g3r Obama shouldn't be President", they don't then get to hide behind their dislike of Obamacare and then claim their comment wasn't racist. I'm not saying anything here is that extreme of an example, but the same holds true with what is going on here.


When people here hate Obama's policies, and then use racial/religious dog whistles to attack Obama, they don't get to hide behind their dislike of Obama's policy to defend the use of racial/religious dog whistles.
what if i referred to him as obummer. would that be racist?

And why is a religious dog whistle?
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #55
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
It's fine to dislike Obama because of his policies. But if you EXPRESS your hatred of Obama's policies by using racial epitaphs, or racial dog whistles, or racial stereotyping, you don't get to claim you aren't a racist just because you also disagree with Obama's policies.


For an extreme example, if someone hates Obama's Healthcare policy and then says that "N!!g3r Obama" shouldn't be President, they don't then get to hide behind their dislike of Obamacare and then claim their comment wasn't racist. I'm not saying anything here is that extreme of an example, but the same holds true with what is going on here.


When people here hate Obama's policies, and then use racial/religious dog whistles to attack Obama, they don't get to hide behind their dislike of Obama's policy to defend the use of racial/religious dog whistles.
I don't think you understand that I agree with you here.

However, I'm struggling to see where the racism so obviously was in the OP. That's all. I'm not trying to stir up the hornet's nest or call anyone an idiot (well, except for Bush in my previous post). It's very hard to tell on a forum whether someone's intent is racially motivated unless they out themselves in one way or another. I just don't think it's fair to imply that OP's intent was racist without knowing him personally, or his motives.

For all we know, he just thought it was funny as a purely political statement. Then again, he could have all kinds of non-white people hanging from structural beams in his basement. Who knows? You guys are labeling OP as a racist just because he posted this pic. That's wrong.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #56
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
People only have their full names displayed when being racially attacked? This I did not know; thank you for the educational experience.



Again, you guys are fabricating issues here.

What point were they trying to make? They were trying to show Obama as a lazy 22 year old, and Perry as a motivated, dedicated, strong young man at 22. This they did.


Why do you twist yourself into such heavy denial of the use of Dog Whistles when it is so completely clear that it is going on?
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #57
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Why do you twist yourself into such heavy denial of the use of Dog Whistles when it is so completely clear that it is going on?
Why do you imply that every negative statement towards Obama or his accomplishments must be racially motivated? There is no dog whistle in the OP, but you can put one there if you inject all these hypothetical scenarios about people you've never met and know nothing about.

Like I said, I see no dog whistle in the pic. I see two individual pictures of two individuals, and it doesn't look like they were against having their pictures taken at that time. I see two undoctored photographs with two young gentlemen in them. Underneath the pics, both have their names in the same size font, both have their full names, and there is no emboldened part of either man's name, nor anything to draw your attention to parts of their name.

Obama shouldn't have to hide from his middle name. Sure, lots of ignorant Americans look at it and pre-judge, but just because it makes an appearance under a picture of him, as his fully spelled out name, while the other guy also has his name fully spelled out.... Why should he have to hide his name? Should ol' Ricky-boy have his whole name while Obama is only entitled to First+Last? What then? Only the whitey is good enough to have his whole name spelled out? Where does this end? You are going to put a dog whistle into every negative pic as well as projecting them into your image of other peoples' thoughts if they are in any way negatively geared towards Obama.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #58
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I don't think you understand that I agree with you here.

However, I'm struggling to see where the racism so obviously was in the OP. That's all..

I don't think you understand where I disagree with you.

In my opinion, the use of Obama's middle name was done as a Islamaphobic dog-whistle. You disagree and come up with all kinds of excuses.

In my opinion, using an image of Obama as "a black man just getting out of the crops" instead of what his accomplishments really were at 22 could be considered a dog-whistle. You categorically deny that is possible.

In my opinion, bringing up Obama's mixed racial heritage into a comparison between two Presidential candidates in a Politics forum is a racist dog whistle. You don't say it is a racist dog-whistle.

If you agree with me on all of this, then that is great.


If you don't agree, then you need to answer the hard question of what VALUE do all of these intentional dog-whistles ADD to the comparison of these two Presidential Candidates?
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #59
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
I don't think you understand where I disagree with you.

In my opinion, the use of Obama's middle name was done as a Islamaphobic dog-whistle. You disagree and come up with all kinds of excuses.

In my opinion, using an image of Obama as "a black man just getting out of the crops" instead of what his accomplishments really were at 22 could be considered a dog-whistle. You categorically deny that is possible.

In my opinion, bringing up Obama's mixed racial heritage into a comparison between two Presidential candidates in a Politics forum is a racist dog whistle. You don't say it is a racist dog-whistle.

If you agree with me on all of this, then that is great.


If you don't agree, then you need to answer the hard question of what VALUE do all of these intentional dog-whistles ADD to the comparison of these two Presidential Candidates? Because if you guys can't answer that simple, basic question with a real answer instead of blowing it off, then the question MUST be asked. Why are these dog-whistles all there?
No, my opinion differs from yours. That happens.

Your last paragraph assumes all opinoins not in agreement with yours still do consist of dog whistles. This is not the case.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #60
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Why do you imply that every negative statement towards Obama or his accomplishments must be racially motivated? There is no dog whistle in the OP, but you can put one there if you inject all these hypothetical scenarios about people you've never met and know nothing about.

Like I said, I see no dog whistle in the pic. I see two individual pictures of two individuals, and it doesn't look like they were against having their pictures taken at that time. I see two undoctored photographs with two young gentlemen in them. Underneath the pics, both have their names in the same size font, both have their full names, and there is no emboldened part of either man's name, nor anything to draw your attention to parts of their name.

Obama shouldn't have to hide from his middle name. Sure, lots of ignorant Americans look at it and pre-judge, but just because it makes an appearance under a picture of him, as his fully spelled out name, while the other guy also has his name fully spelled out.... Why should he have to hide his name? Should ol' Ricky-boy have his whole name while Obama is only entitled to First+Last? What then? Only the whitey is good enough to have his whole name spelled out? Where does this end? You are going to put a dog whistle into every negative pic as well as projecting them into your image of other peoples' thoughts if they are in any way negatively geared towards Obama.


Why are you being so willfully blind? I'm not saying that EVERY negative statement against Obama is racist. That is a strawman.

What I am saying is that when Obama's middle name is used in the context of a negative attack upon Obama, 99% of the time it is used as an Islamophobic dog whistle.


If you can't understand this absolute truth, you are being willfully blind. The sad thing is that you KNOW that there are anti-Obama haters that respond to this dog-whistle. You KNOW that it is a dog whistle. You KNOW that people intentionally use this as the Islamophobic dog whistle that it is. But you will dig and hunt for any excuse for this particular use of this dog whistle somehow being the innocent exception.

Last edited by 11Series; 09-30-2011 at 04:19 PM.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #61
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Why are you being so willfully blind? When Obama's middle name is used in the context of a negative attack upon Obama, 99.999% of the time it is used as a dog whistle.


If you can't understand this absolute truth, you are being willfully blind.
Statistics? Proof?

I don't doubt that there is a huge problem with racist people in this country, and -- no doubt -- many of them air their ignorance in public and it manifests in all kinds of nasty ways. However, with all the legitimate racist shit going on with some Americans, I don't understand why you've brought your crusade into this thread. There are much better cases for you to be fighting so valiantly.

The intentions behind the pic quite possibly could be racially motivated. Maybe the creator of the pic even thought "Ooh I'll really get him good and make sure I include his middle name, too!". Then again, maybe he didn't. Implying your personal opinion is in fact the one and only right and factual answer... well... I just don't agree.

You have your opinion, I have mine. You base yours on what you think and what you want to think, and I apply the same procedure here. We've just come to different conclusions and, no, it's not because I'm racist.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #62
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Statistics? Proof?

I don't doubt that there is a huge problem with racist people in this country, and -- no doubt -- many of them air their ignorance in public and it manifests in all kinds of nasty ways. However, with all the legitimate racist shit going on with some Americans, I don't understand why you've brought your crusade into this thread. There are much better cases for you to be fighting so valiantly.

The intentions behind the pic quite possibly could be racially motivated. Maybe the creator of the pic even thought "Ooh I'll really get him good and make sure I include his middle name, too!". Then again, maybe he didn't. Implying your personal opinion is in fact the one and only right and factual answer... well... I just don't agree.

You have your opinion, I have mine. You base yours on what you think and what you want to think, and I apply the same procedure here. We've just come to different conclusions and, no, it's not because I'm racist.

The sad thing is that you KNOW that there are anti-Obama haters that respond to this dog-whistle. You KNOW that it is a dog whistle. You KNOW that people intentionally use this as the Islamophobic dog whistle that it is. But you will dig and hunt for any excuse for this particular use of this dog whistle somehow being the innocent exception.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #63
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
The sad thing is that you KNOW that there are anti-Obama haters that respond to this dog-whistle. You KNOW that it is a dog whistle. You KNOW that people intentionally use this as the Islamophobic dog whistle that it is. But you will dig and hunt for any excuse for this particular use of this dog whistle somehow being the innocent exception.
Well I'm impressed with your attempt at telepathy, but you're wrong. I respect your opinion; I simply disagree, but I'm not going to tell you what you are thinking or what you are to think.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #64
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Well I'm impressed with your attempt at telepathy, but you're wrong. I respect your opinion; I simply disagree, but I'm not going to tell you what you are thinking or what you are to think.
So let me get this straight.

Some guy who hates Obama went out of his way to create this image in order to make Obama look bad and Perry look good.

He went to Time magazine's website and selected the photo of Obama from 1980 when Obama was 18 or 19 and lied and said it was from when Obama was 22.

http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...815160,00.html

Next, even though using full names brought nothing of value to the comparison instead of just using "Rick Perry" and "Barack Obama" as each of them refers to themselves, he puts the full names of both Presidential Candidates under the pictures.

And your claim you don't think this guy knew about the common internet meme of using Obama's middle name as an Islamophobic dog whistle? The same guy who lied about Obama's age? The same guy who decided to create a negative comparison in the first place? This same guy wasn't aware that he was using a dog-whistle?



It isn't that we disagree, it is that we live in alternate realities. To claim that this was an innocent use of full names is like claiming that John Hinkley Jr. wasn't trying to shoot Reagan. He just happened to be standing near the President when a gun happened to go off for no particular reason. Me, I can see into Hinkley's mind and heart enough to know that he intentionally wanted to kill Reagan, it's no huge leap in logic for me.

Your ability for blind denial is simply amazing! It's almost at the level of a superpower. Without your blind denial superpower, most normal people would just say"

"Yea, the guy who made this image definitely knew about using Obama's middle name as a dog whistle, and he did it to make Obama look as bad as he possibly could."

Everyone knows this is the truth, aside from those like you with your blind denial superpower. Don't worry, I don't expect you to actually admit that in your heart you also believe the person who created this image intentionally used a common dog whistle that everyone knows about. You can just change the topic so you don't have to admit it.

Last edited by 11Series; 09-30-2011 at 05:09 PM.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #65
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

I said the average unemployment during Reagans first four years was 7.5%. For one month it hit north of 10%.....just like BHO in 10/09 when it hit 10.1%. On average, unempoyment has been north of 9% during BHO's entire term. The difference is that Ronald Reagan was a leader and rectified the situation. BHO thinks more spending is needed....and wants to start class warfare and steal from the rich. The top 1% pay half of the entire tax burden in this country. The top 10% pay 75%. We all know that 50% don't pay any income taxes. How about we start there and ask those to pony up? I never got a job from a poor person. Have you?

How convenient --- the "Uncle Tom" comes out about a black conservative . Who didn't see that coming? You are a riot man. Unlike you who fabricates shit --- I worked on the Steele campaign. If I revealed my real name you'd find it easily in the documents. Go ahead projecting racism. I think we all know here who the real racist is.

You're right. If I was talking about Kanye or Rev Al I would be talking.....talking about two idiots...one rhymes for a living and the other is a documented racist (see Tawana Brawley, see Duke lacross players case, and the list goes on and on)

Sorry pal....he was referred to as Barry when he entered college
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...me-barack.html

Wise up

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10959...ents-tabs.html

Clinton was much more liberal than Obama? Dude, pull your head out of your ass. Bill Clinton was left of center. BHO is left of left. Barack Obama's voting record (THIS IS PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE......GO READ IT FOR YOURSELF) was the most liberal of all in Congress prior to his election.

What irks me with him? Seriously? Do you struggle with reading comprehension?

I'm done trying to educate you and point out your countless fallacies.
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #66
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Trying to dumb down the argument to whether a middle name is used is racist is weak. The two men are radically different. nobama is a person with (other than academic) absolutely no accomplishments whatsoever. Never built a business, never signed a paycheck, never served his country, the list of his "accomplishments" is very short. He's drifted along, pushed forward beyond his competence by liberals and Chicago pols looking for a brother to get behind. The two pictures, quickly and succinctly, point out the difference between the two men (and virtually any other leader) clearly and immediately. This lightweight community organizer is a disgrace to the office and serves best to prove P.T. Barnum was right. One and done.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST