E90Post
 


MaxcySpeed & Company
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Could you tell me what these warnings mean?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
newX3user
Registered
 
Drives: 04 X3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CA

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Could you tell me what these warnings mean?

Hi,

I was wondering if you could tell me what the following signs mean.
Attached Images
   
newX3user is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
ENINTY
Banned
 
Drives: 2006 325i Sport
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia

Posts: 3,415
iTrader: (0)

Picture 1: Means you are increasing the strength of hurricanes due to your exhaust emissions causing global warming.

Picture 2: Means a flood is coming due to the increased strength of future hurricanes (related to first picture).

Picture 3: Means you are about to run into a increased-strength hurricane (related to first picture).
ENINTY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
kokopuffs405
Yup
 
kokopuffs405's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M33333333333
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Maryland

Posts: 574
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
Picture 1: Means you are increasing the strength of hurricanes due to your exhaust emissions causing global warming.

Picture 2: Means a flood is coming due to the increased strength of future hurricanes (related to first picture).

Picture 3: Means you are about to run into a increased-strength hurricane (related to first picture).
__________________
Oh hello
kokopuffs405 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
Admir328xiCT
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central Area of CT

Posts: 104
iTrader: (0)

First light indicated a problem with your exhaust ( hole, oxygen sensor etc..)

Second light tells you to check your coolant level.

Working on the third one ....
Admir328xiCT is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
Glim
Captain
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Victoria, BC

Posts: 771
iTrader: (0)

1. A picture of your car accelerating hard
2. The attitude indicator showing your car is not level with the ground
3. Your car has overheated, those are steam trails coming out of the hood
4. The owner’s manual, look on page 70
Glim is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Admir328xiCT
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central Area of CT

Posts: 104
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glim View Post
1. A picture of your car accelerating hard
2. The attitude indicator showing your car is not level with the ground
3. Your car has overheated, those are steam trails coming out of the hood
4. The ownerÂ’s manual, look on page 70
You post a link then state the car overheated when it has nothing to do with overheat it's a emissions issue....
Admir328xiCT is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
Glim
Captain
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Victoria, BC

Posts: 771
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admir328xiCT View Post
You post a link then state the car overheated when it has nothing to do with overheat it's a emissions issue....
We are kidding It's a joke - these pictures are covered in the owners manual.
Glim is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
mike3000fl
Eleven Bravo
 
mike3000fl's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ft bragg

Posts: 2,142
iTrader: (0)

emissions and brake fluid flush are "needed" 11/2011

not a warning, just a reminder, part of the CBS system.

you have a warning triangle. what is that for? are you low on fuel? in that menu go to CHECK
__________________
2006 330i - Jet Black - 19" E46 M3 wheels - HR Sport - 188,000 Miles...

mike3000fl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
///M3NACE
Brigadier General
 
///M3NACE's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downers Grove, IL

Posts: 3,907
iTrader: (5)

I was actually thinking how can these people be so stupid but i realized they are noobs... Car overheating??? GTFO and read the manual. Guy above me is on point
__________________

HOTTEST BMW 07'- HIN in Chicago
..........::::::::::::::::::: I S H A I K::::::::::::::::::::..........
///M3NACE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #10
JunkStory
Major
 
Drives: naked.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 98230

Posts: 1,155
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
Picture 1: Means you are increasing the strength of hurricanes due to your exhaust emissions causing global warming.

Picture 2: Means a flood is coming due to the increased strength of future hurricanes (related to first picture).

Picture 3: Means you are about to run into a increased-strength hurricane (related to first picture).

JunkStory is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #11
ENINTY
Banned
 
Drives: 2006 325i Sport
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia

Posts: 3,415
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3000fl View Post
emissions and brake fluid flush are "needed" 11/2011

not a warning, just a reminder, part of the CBS system.

you have a warning triangle. what is that for? are you low on fuel? in that menu go to CHECK
The last one is actually the indication for a "Road Saftey" inspection, or locality (State) inspection as some States have in the USA.
ENINTY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST