E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Phone can't find the car (Bluetooth problem)

09-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
Blaa
Private
Rep

Drives: 318d

Phone can't find the car (Bluetooth problem)

Hi..

I've got a 2009 318d auto, with Navi Prof and bluetooth.
Standard stereo, witch I've upgraded with Earthquake subs, Focal speakers and a Blaupunkt THA PNP 555 amp and harness.

But now I can't pair any phones to the bluetooth handsfree.. I seem to remember that I had some problems connecting to the BT handsfree even before I did the stereo upgrade, but I'm not really sure.

So now I'm wondering if this is something I've caused, or if it's the Bluetooth in the car that's broken.. I can connect to the BT in my mothers X1 18xDrive in 10 secs with any phone.. So I know it's not the phone that's the problem.

Can this happen if the wire/optical that goes into the headunit has come loose? I thought that wire was only for sound and mic, and didn't have anything to do with the bluetooth connections. Can anyone help me please?

End of warranty is comming up within the next month and I want this sorted before that date.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
Blaa
Private
Rep

Drives: 318d

And when the sound from the Navigation is ok, then it shouldn't be anything wrong with the wires going into the headunit, right?

I've got an appointment with my BMW dealer Oct. 10th. But want to make sure I'm not to blame for this problem..

Anyone with any thoughts?
Appreciate 0