E90Post

Horizon LED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > South African 335

11-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #67
GuidoDoc
GuidoDoc
United_States
Rep

Drives: himself crazy

Garage List
New SA info

Found some new info. Liberty Ace just arrived at Port of Durban. This site:

http://www.portarrivals.com/vsl.asp?item=353039000

showed its journey last month from Durban to Newark (9/16-10/7). Would bet they are loading today and will leave tomorrow. Too premature to say they are on their way but hopeful.
      11-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #68
DCwell3er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC135Vert View Post
I ordered Oct 3. My BMW said that it is still waiting at port of exit.

I tried asking my SA yesterday, and he didn't know anything more than what my bmw says. Sounds like my wait is going to most likely be 3+ months.
Hey, have you tried using the AT&T.2wglobal.com site? You can go to track and trace and input your vin to see if it made it on a ship and if so, what ship. I just found this out yesterday.
      11-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #69
DCwell3er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Actually the site is http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp
      11-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #70
hsleiman
First Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: 11 e90 335xi PPK 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by liborio View Post
Found some new info. Liberty Ace just arrived at Port of Durban. This site:

http://www.portarrivals.com/vsl.asp?item=353039000

showed its journey last month from Durban to Newark (9/16-10/7). Would bet they are loading today and will leave tomorrow. Too premature to say they are on their way but hopeful.
Liberty Ace looks like a Mitsui OSK Lines ship. I'm not sure if BMW uses them or not. I do know they use Wallenius Wilhelmsen and it looks like their ship Fedora will be arriving in Durban on the 22nd.

Oh and interestingly... I got an email from my CA letting me know that BMW did NOT in fact mess up the color on my car! I don't know how the mix up happened but whatever I'm happy I'm getting exactly what I ordered.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #71
GuidoDoc
GuidoDoc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Whew, good new on getting the right color.

I think the Liberty Ace is ours, but no confirmation. BMW has used them before. Unfortunately, MOL doesn't let you VIN track without an account. It left the 17th and is due into Newark on 12/9. That means 12/15 at best, 11 weeks on the dot, same as most people report. Hope it's not the one you found, that's another week.

I am going to complain see if it gets me a few MF points or something. I was originally told 6 to 8 weeks, but maybe 8 to 10 just to be cautious. Now we are going to be closer to 12. I sold my previous ride so I am having to bum rides off people for a whole month. PITA.
      11-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #72
GuidoDoc
GuidoDoc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Just found Fedora's schedule. It heads to Australia after Durban. Liberty Ace is looking more positive!
      11-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #73
hsleiman
First Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep

Nice! Good work! Hopefully we are all on Liberty Ace and can get our cars before Christmas. When I ordered I was under the impression it would be 8 weeks too. That's terrible not having a car while having to wait. I'd complain too lol
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #74
Sidney
Dishonorably discharged
Rep

Drives: 2011 e90 335i 6MT

Man I hope I'm on the same boat with you guys. Within last 24 hours the 800# update is "at port of exit awaiting shipping". Who knows.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #75
hsleiman
First Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep

Got bored so I started digging around OSK lines website.

Found this:

And this:

Mine is still at the port according to the 1800# and the website doesn't even show mine as production completed . I wish we could get access to OSK's website to track our VINs to see if we are really on this ship.

Last edited by hsleiman; 11-20-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #76
GuidoDoc
GuidoDoc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Confirmed!

Good news! Confirmed by my CA today, on the boat and headed to the US. Should arrive on 12/7 so it must be the Liberty Ace. Even better news is that it departed 2 days before the expected departure from East London Port in South Africa so maybe it will be 2 days early.

Also, just checked the 800# and it says still at port. I'll keep checking to see how delayed it is, so far it is 4 days behind.

Last edited by GuidoDoc; 11-22-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #77
hsleiman
First Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep

That's awesome! Congrats!

Still haven't heard anything about mine. I'm gonna call my CA tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing about how delayed the 800# is.

Last edited by hsleiman; 11-22-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: can't read!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #78
GuidoDoc
GuidoDoc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
800# updated tonight. Now it says "in transit contact center for more info." So that is somewhere between 5-7 days behind since they left on Thursday or Friday. Anyone at port for more than a few days has got to be on this boat.

I can't figure out a way to track it while out to sea...yet. Anyone one else?
      11-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #79
335xiRT1
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i

just picked up car today....
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #80
hsleiman
First Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep

So I talked to my CA over the weekend and according to his computer my car has been in quality check for weeks. The 800# says I'm at the port and bmwusa.com says my car hasn't even completed production. It seems the earliest ill get my car is if it leaves on the December ship and arrives at my dealership mid to late January. My parents just bought a new car and said they would loan me their old one while I wait so I'm thinking of just canceling this order and waiting for an F30. This is getting pretty ridiculous...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #81
GuidoDoc
GuidoDoc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsleiman View Post
So I talked to my CA over the weekend and according to his computer my car has been in quality check for weeks. The 800# says I'm at the port and bmwusa.com says my car hasn't even completed production. It seems the earliest ill get my car is if it leaves on the December ship and arrives at my dealership mid to late January. My parents just bought a new car and said they would loan me their old one while I wait so I'm thinking of just canceling this order and waiting for an F30. This is getting pretty ridiculous...
That is ridiculous. Yours was only a few days behind mine. I considered canceling a few weeks ago. I was quite torn between the 335xi m-sport and an S4 but this is what I wanted, just hard to be patient, especially without a car.

I am not [yet] a fan of the F30. I like the slight improvement to the back end, I can accept the interior changes but I don't like the front end. Not just the lights, the fender has a weird slope when viewed from angle. Don't really know until I see it on the road. Anything on the lot they might deal for? I sunk $2K deposit so I doubt they would have had any incentive to make a different deal.
      11-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #82
hsleiman
First Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep

I mostly like the exterior of the F30 but the interior hasn't quite grown on me yet. The msport wheel is hideous in my opinion and I hate how BMW is handcuffing us in terms of what interior color combos we can choose. I love the e90 lci though and really wish mine was on a boat right now. Thought about picking up a white msport they had on the lot but it's an automatic and I really want a manual.

I'm gonna wait to hear back from my CA about what exactly is going on before I decide to cancel. He is waiting to hear back form his rep or something. I'm really curious as to how such a huge error occurred.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 07:30 AM   #83
GuidoDoc
GuidoDoc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So much for all my research and ship hunting. The boat I thought the car was on didn't arrive yesterday as scheduled, I can't even find it on any ship tracker. None of the boats in the last 2 days at Newark came from South Africa. Lost at sea, dunno. Sea sick, I definitely am.
      12-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #84
hsleiman
First Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
So much for all my research and ship hunting. The boat I thought the car was on didn't arrive yesterday as scheduled, I can't even find it on any ship tracker. None of the boats in the last 2 days at Newark came from South Africa. Lost at sea, dunno. Sea sick, I definitely am.
Lol that is awful. Was your CA unable to confirm what ship you're on for sure? "My" car apparently made it to the port a few days ago for real this time. I'm still tracking it and trying to decide whether I want it or not. My CA was pretty understanding when I told him I might cancel. It should arrive around the launch of the F30's so I plan on test driving one and deciding whether or not an F30 Msport xdrive is worth holding out for.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #85
DCwell3er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Man that's sucks! Mines has been at the port for about a week and a half now. I thought I would see it before Christmas but it's not looking that way. It may be here in Missouri before then but I'll be in Miami on Sat.
      12-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #86
GuidoDoc
GuidoDoc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well it arrived at port, offloaded today. Dealer says best case is at least another week before delivery. So 8-10 weeks means 12+. I know some of you are even waiting longer. BMWNA should know better. Why not tell us 3 months minimum? Guess that's how business is done these days. I c why people mod CPOs. Buy something tolerable and tweak it to your own specs rather than this custom order crap. In hindsight I should have done a deal on something from the lot. Would have saved countless hours of surfing the web thinking that will speed the delivery. I'll stop ranting since the wait is almost over.
      12-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #87
Sidney
Dishonorably discharged
Rep

Drives: 2011 e90 335i 6MT

Quote:
Well it arrived at port, offloaded today. Dealer says best case is at least another week before delivery. So 8-10 weeks means 12+. I know some of you are even waiting longer. BMWNA should know better. Why not tell us 3 months minimum? Guess that's how business is done these days. I c why people mod CPOs. Buy something tolerable and tweak it to your own specs rather than this custom order crap. In hindsight I should have done a deal on something from the lot. Would have saved countless hours of surfing the web thinking that will speed the delivery. I'll stop ranting since the wait is almost over.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #88
GuidoDoc
GuidoDoc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The wait is over!!!

My car arrived at the dealer today. Picking it up tomorrow. 12 weeks on the dot. Interesting how fast it came from port (4 days instead of 7-10) when I raised a stink about it taking too long. Here's my time line for anyone who is still waiting and wondering. I'm sure this will all be thrown out the window with the F30, not that I will ever order a car again.

9/22 - Ordered
9/29 - Production started
10/3 - In production
10/20 - In body shop
10/26 - Production complete
11/2 - Arrived at port
11/17 - Left port
12/8 - Arrived in US
12/9 - Customs
12/13 - At dealer

Wouldn't have been so bad if a 3 day construction process didn't take 4 weeks and if they had a vessel more than once a month.