E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 25.1.1 works!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-09-2007, 01:44 AM   #67
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
544
Posts

 
Drives: 435/Jeep Grand Cherokee
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
magmd, im just wondering. what did u say to get the update? i dont wanna say to my dealer "such and such isnt working... gimme idrive update 25.1.1!! " cuz then they'd pretty much figure i was bs-ing wouldnt they>?
I thought I was going to have to BS my dealer until I discovered that I'm having the problem where the arrow display doesn't come up if I have the right screen set to a map view. So I was able to complain legally. But that arrow display one seems to be a common complaint.
__________________
2014 435i Coupe
2009 335i Coupe
2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #68
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
ScBlacksunshine's Avatar
29
Rep
1,517
Posts

 
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LBC

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ScBlacksunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd View Post
Alright...here is the update!

Version 25.01.01 installed successfully! No problems with VR! The SA guy was totally surprised, because I had told him I was sure it would be ok and he was totally skeptical the entire time. The new nav screen looks great! I love the new color schemes...and it looks so much sharper!!! And now I can input name for searching items...very kewel. I just need to figure the commands to do this fast via VR!

They also fixed my rear squeak! They finally replaced the brake pads, and replaced the brake sensor! Let's see how long this lasts.

I got the 30,000 mile service done. It does not include an oil change. I WAS GOING to pay for it---since it would be out of schedule. But they wanted to charge me $140! I paid $75 last time at BMW San Diego. So....now I was planning to get it done in San Diego next time I go visit my parents later this month.

Lastly...they noticed another rattle from the rear of the vehicle which turned out to be the exhaust bracket-- I was not really aware of this...but it was replaced to get rid of the noice!!

The SA was very nice today...guess he was working the angle to get his 5's.
Good to hear the upgrade went without the VR problem. Told you 25.1.1 will work w/o VR issue Test out the enter address VR command, not sure if your last version had this or not, but you can now say the street and city name, no longer need to spell it out.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 02:25 AM   #69
magmd
Major General
magmd's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
5,272
Posts

 
Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
magmd, im just wondering. what did u say to get the update? i dont wanna say to my dealer "such and such isnt working... gimme idrive update 25.1.1!! " cuz then they'd pretty much figure i was bs-ing wouldnt they>?

Refer back to post #54 and #57. I explained my problem...and I showed them the print out of the SIB showing that update is under warranty. My biggest issues was making sure they were going to update the correct one! Just make sure its 25.01.01 for everything to go without a hitch.
__________________
2006 330i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Step Auto | Navi with iDr | Sports Pkg |OEM Rear Spoiler | 3M CS35 Tint | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellows | Advan RS Racing Hypersilver: 19x9 et22 19x10 et20
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 02:27 AM   #70
magmd
Major General
magmd's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
5,272
Posts

 
Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine View Post
Good to hear the upgrade went without the VR problem. Told you 25.1.1 will work w/o VR issue Test out the enter address VR command, not sure if your last version had this or not, but you can now say the street and city name, no longer need to spell it out.
Yeah...but I want to learn how to input say...cheesecake factory...or Shell station, or Jamba Juice via Voice Command! I want to do this with the least number of steps...etc.
__________________
2006 330i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Step Auto | Navi with iDr | Sports Pkg |OEM Rear Spoiler | 3M CS35 Tint | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellows | Advan RS Racing Hypersilver: 19x9 et22 19x10 et20
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #71
manyways
Private First Class
manyways's Avatar
1
Rep
135
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU

iTrader: (0)

quick question, couldnt find the answer reading back thru the pages

how do i know which version of iDrive i have?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 02:39 AM   #72
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
ScBlacksunshine's Avatar
29
Rep
1,517
Posts

 
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LBC

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ScBlacksunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd View Post
Yeah...but I want to learn how to input say...cheesecake factory...or Shell station, or Jamba Juice via Voice Command! I want to do this with the least number of steps...etc.
Haha already tried that...unfortunately still not possible. I guess iDrive don't want us to be that lazy Btw, another cool feature I found today, if you have your main screen on the map display (either perspective/map direction of trave or facing north). You can now select the "I" icon all the way to the left, instead of just simply turning on or off information on screen, it will take you directly to POI screen, from there it'll take you one step close to finding that Cheesecake factory in your hood. Or for you, that perfect bike shop to buy more carbon fiber stuff so you can ride up the hill faster :rocks:
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 04:35 AM   #73
uhaulball
Brigadier General
59
Rep
4,164
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330xi
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (11)

Send a message via AIM to uhaulball
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd View Post
Refer back to post #54 and #57. I explained my problem...and I showed them the print out of the SIB showing that update is under warranty. My biggest issues was making sure they were going to update the correct one! Just make sure its 25.01.01 for everything to go without a hitch.
Hey thanks man! thats very helpful. where can i get an official copy of that bulletin though. i will just bring that in and yes, i wanna make sure i get 25.01.01.
__________________
'06 bsm e90 330xi : 18" VMR CSL : KW V3 : GruppeM Rep Intake : UUC/Corsa Catback : Hartge Lip : ACS Roof Spoiler
OEM CF Trunk Spoiler : CF Emblems. Pillars. Mirror. Grille : LUXER12 led plate : V1 Hardwired : OG.longtran e90post sticker! circa 2005
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 05:11 AM   #74
baltik
Lieutenant
7
Rep
407
Posts

 
Drives: porsche 944 turbo
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Just wondering does anyone with the new software have the dealer installed ipod interface (not the 6fl( any improvement in speed or interface?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #75
FrankoQ
Deny everything
FrankoQ's Avatar
United_States
134
Rep
11,293
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Well, I just confirmed that I also have the arrow pop up problem.
Plus the fact that my Idrive is painfully slow.
I just hope my stealer has the correct version.

Reading this thread, it seems the stealer never confirms what version they installed. Don't they give you some sort of receipt stating what they did to the car?
__________________

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #76
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
544
Posts

 
Drives: 435/Jeep Grand Cherokee
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyways View Post
quick question, couldnt find the answer reading back thru the pages

how do i know which version of iDrive i have?
There doesn't actually appear to be any way for us to tell. :mad:
__________________
2014 435i Coupe
2009 335i Coupe
2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #77
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
544
Posts

 
Drives: 435/Jeep Grand Cherokee
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
Well, I just confirmed that I also have the arrow pop up problem.
Plus the fact that my Idrive is painfully slow.
I just hope my stealer has the correct version.

Reading this thread, it seems the stealer never confirms what version they installed. Don't they give you some sort of receipt stating what they did to the car?
You should be able to ask them what version they have before they do it. If I understand correctly, it comes on a disk.
__________________
2014 435i Coupe
2009 335i Coupe
2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #78
magmd
Major General
magmd's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
5,272
Posts

 
Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
Well, I just confirmed that I also have the arrow pop up problem.
Plus the fact that my Idrive is painfully slow.
I just hope my stealer has the correct version.

Reading this thread, it seems the stealer never confirms what version they installed. Don't they give you some sort of receipt stating what they did to the car?

When I check out and pick up my vehicle...they do have a work order that states what the did to the car. It does say updated to 25.01.01 on the one I received.
__________________
2006 330i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Step Auto | Navi with iDr | Sports Pkg |OEM Rear Spoiler | 3M CS35 Tint | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellows | Advan RS Racing Hypersilver: 19x9 et22 19x10 et20
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #79
4-series
The best BMW ever!
4-series's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
246
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

The service bulleting discussed earlier (SI B 61 03 05) refers to Progman 25.01.00.

Where can i get a copy of the SB for the 25.01.01? or is the same?
__________________
335i Coupe, Jet Black, Black Leatherette, Sport Package, Step Auto, Paddle Shifters, Comfort Access, Brushed Aluminum Trim, Park Distance Control, BMW Assist + Bluetooth, Navigation + i-drive
Mods: GP Thunder 8500K Angel eyes, Xenonmatch Fogs, MTEC Turning lights
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2007, 03:54 PM   #80
4-series
The best BMW ever!
4-series's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
246
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

also, just noticed that the text of the SB is not right... see below


SI B 61 03 05
General Electrical Systems April 2007
Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B61 03 05 dated March 2007.
__________________
335i Coupe, Jet Black, Black Leatherette, Sport Package, Step Auto, Paddle Shifters, Comfort Access, Brushed Aluminum Trim, Park Distance Control, BMW Assist + Bluetooth, Navigation + i-drive
Mods: GP Thunder 8500K Angel eyes, Xenonmatch Fogs, MTEC Turning lights
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 03:30 AM   #81
AryoBarzan
New Member
AryoBarzan's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Torrance, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
Well, I just confirmed that I also have the arrow pop up problem.
Plus the fact that my Idrive is painfully slow.
I just hope my stealer has the correct version.

Reading this thread, it seems the stealer never confirms what version they installed. Don't they give you some sort of receipt stating what they did to the car?
Yes, my receipt said that my vehicle was updated to progman version '25.01.01' :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 07:11 AM   #82
cobradac
First Lieutenant
cobradac's Avatar
13
Rep
374
Posts

 
Drives: '05 645Ci Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Titusville, FLA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-series View Post
also, just noticed that the text of the SB is not right... see below


SI B 61 03 05
General Electrical Systems April 2007
Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B61 03 05 dated March 2007.
Why do you say it is not correct?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #83
cheluto2
Second Lieutenant
cheluto2's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
251
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 AW MT
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Miramar, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
I took my car in for service and requested the update to Progman. My only problem is with my cell phone freezing or the screen no allowing me to pick up calls before they go to voicemail sometimes. But they would not update it!! They say they only do it if there is a "major" problem with my system, because they have to get authorization from BMW, etc., etc.!
Has anybody else been able to get it updated "for no reason"? How? I don't understand why they would not want customers to have the latest version of the software, especially if one asks for it, specifically.
__________________
2015 F80 M3 / Alpine White / 6MT / ExecPkg etc. (ED)
SOLD: 2007 335i Sedan/ 6MT / PROcede V2/ Alpine White /
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #84
nyc3r
Colonel
nyc3r's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,589
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheluto2 View Post
I took my car in for service and requested the update to Progman. My only problem is with my cell phone freezing or the screen no allowing me to pick up calls before they go to voicemail sometimes. But they would not update it!! They say they only do it if there is a "major" problem with my system, because they have to get authorization from BMW, etc., etc.!
Has anybody else been able to get it updated "for no reason"? How? I don't understand why they would not want customers to have the latest version of the software, especially if one asks for it, specifically.
You have to give them a valid problem for them to update your computer, otherwise they'll charge you.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #85
bartman32
Colonel
bartman32's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
2,290
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The OC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hey everyone;
Yesterday suddenly the names of my stations and songs disappeared. All of my presets are still the same but they no longer say the name of the station just the number. Its like the RDS or RTS (whatever it's called) has been turned off. Could this be an iDrive issue? Anyone heard of this?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 12:32 PM   #86
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
544
Posts

 
Drives: 435/Jeep Grand Cherokee
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheluto2 View Post
Has anybody else been able to get it updated "for no reason"? How? I don't understand why they would not want customers to have the latest version of the software, especially if one asks for it, specifically.
Yea, I thought this same thing. I even have a week old car and think I should have the latest version on a brand new car, but BMW doesn't see it that way. Thankfully I have the arrow display issue, so they are doing it today.
__________________
2014 435i Coupe
2009 335i Coupe
2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #87
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
94
Rep
7,919
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Yea, I thought this same thing. I even have a week old car and think I should have the latest version on a brand new car, but BMW doesn't see it that way. Thankfully I have the arrow display issue, so they are doing it today.
Well, you can see their point. Most software updates are no big deal, and BMW wouldn't want service departments tied up all the time updating software for free. If the updates went quicker, maybe it would be a different story.

FWIW, I was holding off from updating mine even though I have a few actual issues (my s/w is quite a bit older), because I didn't want to lose my car for a day and didn't want to introduce new problems.
__________________


330i | Black Sapphire | Beige + Burl | Sport | Premium | Cold | Nav | CA | Sat prep
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #88
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
544
Posts

 
Drives: 435/Jeep Grand Cherokee
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
Well, you can see their point. Most software updates are no big deal, and BMW wouldn't want service departments tied up all the time updating software for free. If the updates went quicker, maybe it would be a different story.

FWIW, I was holding off from updating mine even though I have a few actual issues (my s/w is quite a bit older), because I didn't want to lose my car for a day and didn't want to introduce new problems.
Yes, these updates apparently take 6h, although I don't quite understand why. I understand that they don't want everyone clogging up their garage for software updates. Maybe they could make it easier somehow, like you could download it over the air, same way you update your cell phone stuff. Although I guess to get a firmware update on a phone you have to take it in. Anyone know what they charge you if you pay for this? 6h of labor plus the software?
__________________
2014 435i Coupe
2009 335i Coupe
2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST