E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Fault code reader on eBay



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
laozfella
Private
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rhode Island

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Fault code reader on eBay

Thinking about purchasing this fault code reader for my 2007 335i coupe on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/U380-...item35b520fdaa

Anyone with experience with this fault code reader or readers in general? any suggestions on what to use?

I think the one above comes with a pdf that lists what the codes are. That's all I need, something to show the codes and something to translate the code.
laozfella is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
P2
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 325i Silver/Black
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NW Chicago Land

Posts: 188
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laozfella View Post
Thinking about purchasing this fault code reader for my 2007 335i coupe on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/U380-...item35b520fdaa

Anyone with experience with this fault code reader or readers in general? any suggestions on what to use?

I think the one above comes with a pdf that lists what the codes are. That's all I need, something to show the codes and something to translate the code.
It's not going to read BMW codes.
P2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Admir328xiCT
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central Area of CT

Posts: 104
iTrader: (0)

Autozone or advance auto has them $200 !
Admir328xiCT is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
dryan81
Sh!t happens, cough it up.
 
dryan81's Avatar
 
Drives: daily
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CNJ

Posts: 106
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
bimmertools dot com
(Ken-He's the owner) popular vendor on e46fanatics dot com

..and go with the Peake scan tool
It's one of the best on the market because it not only reads the generic fault codes, but it also reads the proprietary bmw codes.

I personally own one, and it's one of the smartest things I purchased for my ride to date...
__________________
dryan81 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
laozfella
Private
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rhode Island

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryan81 View Post
bimmertools dot com
(Ken-He's the owner) popular vendor on e46fanatics dot com

..and go with the Peake scan tool
It's one of the best on the market because it not only reads the generic fault codes, but it also reads the proprietary bmw codes.

I personally own one, and it's one of the smartest things I purchased for my ride to date...
Thanks much. I went to the site and noticed a few. I have a 2007 335i. The latest tools I see are for 2001-2006. Wondering if they make them for 2007.

I would be willing to spend up to $200 for a good code reader, but are there any alternatives to find fault codes in your car without dishing out much money? if spending some money on a good code reader that you can use down the road is the best way to go, I don't mind, just wondering if anyone went the cheaper route.

FYI - I have a feeling my o2 sensors are dying or has malfunctioned. Need something to see if this will show up in the fault code. BMW will charge me $125 diagnostic fee I believe.
laozfella is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
laozfella
Private
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rhode Island

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

nvm, I found the one that covers 2007.

scan tools R5/FCX-3-16

thanks!
laozfella is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #7
dryan81
Sh!t happens, cough it up.
 
dryan81's Avatar
 
Drives: daily
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CNJ

Posts: 106
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by laozfella View Post
nvm, I found the one that covers 2007.

scan tools R5/FCX-3-16

thanks!
no problem , you will not be disappointed.
I have used my reader (with adapters) on my last 2 vehicles over 30 times, no joke. Well worth the 200+
__________________
dryan81 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST