E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > CPO Warranty does not cover accessory drivebelt?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
eswaroop
Private
0
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Round Rock, Tx

iTrader: (0)

CPO Warranty does not cover accessory drivebelt?

Folks,

I purchased BMW extended warranty (7 year 100k miles) on my car - recently at 54k miles the drivebelt started failing and came off the pulleys - Dealership says warranty does not cover drive belts?

Thanks,

Ram
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
DrivinMissDaisy
Lieutenant
DrivinMissDaisy's Avatar
4
Rep
492
Posts

 
Drives: 12 Kia Soul !
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tehachapi, CA

iTrader: (3)

Drive belt is considered normal wear and tear.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
samchoi604
Colonel
28
Rep
2,320
Posts

 
Drives: black on black
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Burnaby, BC

iTrader: (3)

how much does the dealership want to fix this?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
boostd92
Captain
14
Rep
670
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
There is a service bulletin about the power steering pulley... if its hitting your subframe or damage by it, it should be covered by CPO, and if the belt is damage by that part, it should be covered as well (if your vehicle applies to that bulletin).
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
eswaroop
Private
0
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Round Rock, Tx

iTrader: (0)

It ended up costing me 265$ to fix - they said there was no subframe contact, but the power steering pump had come loose, two of the bolts were loose and the third one was found in the under tray.

They had no explanation around why properly torqued bolts would just come off on their own - there was no history of any work done on the pump itself.

They never mentioned a service bulletin though. The belt itself was good, but had been destroyed after jumping off the loose pump.


Quote:
Originally Posted by boostd92 View Post
There is a service bulletin about the power steering pulley... if its hitting your subframe or damage by it, it should be covered by CPO, and if the belt is damage by that part, it should be covered as well (if your vehicle applies to that bulletin).
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
DrivinMissDaisy
Lieutenant
DrivinMissDaisy's Avatar
4
Rep
492
Posts

 
Drives: 12 Kia Soul !
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tehachapi, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostd92 View Post
There is a service bulletin about the power steering pulley... if its hitting your subframe or damage by it, it should be covered by CPO, and if the belt is damage by that part, it should be covered as well (if your vehicle applies to that bulletin).
That is what happened to my car. Covered under new warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
eswaroop
Private
0
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Round Rock, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Is there a way to tell if its touching / hitting the subframe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinMissDaisy View Post
That is what happened to my car. Covered under new warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 05:32 AM   #8
ENINTY
Banned
51
Rep
3,415
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i Sport
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eswaroop View Post
It ended up costing me 265$ to fix - they said there was no subframe contact, but the power steering pump had come loose, two of the bolts were loose and the third one was found in the under tray.

They had no explanation around why properly torqued bolts would just come off on their own - there was no history of any work done on the pump itself.

They never mentioned a service bulletin though. The belt itself was good, but had been destroyed after jumping off the loose pump.
I would have had no explanation on why I wouldn't have paid the bill and called BMW NA to have it covered under warranty. The dealer ripped you off.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
101
Rep
7,090
Posts

 
Drives: '06 AW 330xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Jersey/Philly/NYC

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [3.22]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eswaroop View Post
Is there a way to tell if its touching / hitting the subframe?
Yea the belt is physically touching the subframe..... Just look at the belt and see if any part of it touches the front of your subframe.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
jdub486
Private
3
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 335i M Sport 6mt FBO
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

My drive belt snapped. Conveniently it happened while my car was at BMW fairfax for cpo repair of fuel pump and wastegates.

They took care of everything under cpo including replacing the belt and pulleys.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST