E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Re-initialize Fob after coding?

10-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Bahnstorm
Like a Boss
Rep

Drives: 330xi

Re-initialize Fob after coding?

Coded my CAS with one new line working to get windows and mirrors to work from the fob, changed KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB and then afterwards my remote fob buttons no longer do anything. Switched back to my previous file and the remote still is dead.
Anyone know what happened or how I wake the remote up? It still starts the car.
The doors still lock with the key and the button in the car.

GermanCarsForSaleBlog.com
Finding the finest modern classic and vintage German cars for sale in North America.

Last edited by Bahnstorm; 10-07-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 01:18 AM   #2
Peertwelve
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Silverstone Metalic E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
check Phil's thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnstorm View Post
Coded my CAS with one new line working to get windows and mirrors to work from the fob, changed KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB and then afterwards my remote fob buttons no longer do anything. Switched back to my previous file and the remote still is dead.
Anyone know what happened or how I wake the remote up? It still starts the car.
The doors still lock with the key and the button in the car.
A friend wrote up a good DIY for this modification. I remembered it because he got the same 'dead remote' problem after coding windows up. I think he pulled out the key and restarted the engine to clear it. More info is here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588311

good luck... i know it's no fun when you realize you broke something. I used an old version of eaten and broke my cluster this summer
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Knob
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Drives: 120d e87

Try to hold your windows up button for about 10-20 seconds (doors closed), then try again
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Bahnstorm
Like a Boss
Rep

Thanks for the suggestions, but no luck with this yet. I've never had this happen with any coding before.

Finding the finest modern classic and vintage German cars for sale in North America.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
Peertwelve
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Silverstone Metalic E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnstorm View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, but no luck with this yet. I've never had this happen with any coding before.
did you try the other FOB yet? WHen i nuked my cluster display with a bad code i told the dealer that the battery died. They said that a low battery can cause random issues in the ECU. THey apologized and recoded my car for free. Hope you don't have to go to this length though.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
Bahnstorm
Like a Boss
Rep

Unfortunately I only have one fob. However after some more trouble shooting I realized the problem was a loose wire in the diversity antenna. I just happened to notice it right after coding, but the two were unrelated. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Appreciate 0