E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Looking to get another 328i. Need some opinions.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
OwnAge
Brigadier General
 
OwnAge's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto. Newmarket.

Posts: 4,178
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 328i  [4.49]
Looking to get another 328i. Need some opinions.

Im actually looking into getting two 328i. Im still not sure whether to go for demo or new as long as the price is right.
For now this is the preference Manual/xenons. for both.

What kind of discounts should i be looking at and what kind of monthly payments? Yes I know between 6-8% of listed price and to check the carcost. I've got 8% of when i got mine. With that being said due to clearance of demos and 2011 models I think they all going way more then 8% now and the prices are even lower so how much lower?

Any advice would be appreciated. Im planning to go to the dealer this week. Just trying to do some homework before i go.

ps I might be interested in finance if the price is right.

TIA.
__________________
3000k HID Fogs | Mtech 3300 AE | Alufelgen CS7 19" F 8.5, R 9.5 ET30 | ContiSport, F 235/R 275 | H&R Sport Springs | CF Perf. T.1 Trunk Spoiler | CF BMW Perf. Splitters | BMW Perf. Exhaust | iPhone4 Doc | PBX | K&E Filter/Charcoal Delete
OwnAge is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
BavFan_08
Dreamer
 
BavFan_08's Avatar
 
Drives: Retired: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: T.O. Canada

Posts: 826
iTrader: (2)

I would try near end of the month....that's usually when they try to push as much sales as possible (quota requirements etc etc.) Problem is you are competing with other buyers looking for the same car as you...if the salesperson has competition for vehicles you are less likely to get a bargain...but if a dealership really needs the sale at that point and you're serious you might get that deal you're looking for...I would really try as many salespeople as possible and get a feel for what they can do for you...I know that's not very direct advice, but putting in the extra effort with different dealerships should help you in the end...
BavFan_08 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
kol
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: (416/905)

Posts: 1,564
iTrader: (47)

Garage List
E92 N54  [3.75]
my friend just picked up:

328xi e92
-executive
-sport (black headliner FTW)
-idrive
-real leather
-AT
-comfort access
-basically FULLY loaded

MSRP was $68.5k OTD, she paid $59.5K OTD
__________________
kol is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
OwnAge
Brigadier General
 
OwnAge's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto. Newmarket.

Posts: 4,178
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 328i  [4.49]
thank you and thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavFan_08 View Post
I would try near end of the month....that's usually when they try to push as much sales as possible (quota requirements etc etc.) Problem is you are competing with other buyers looking for the same car as you...if the salesperson has competition for vehicles you are less likely to get a bargain...but if a dealership really needs the sale at that point and you're serious you might get that deal you're looking for...I would really try as many salespeople as possible and get a feel for what they can do for you...I know that's not very direct advice, but putting in the extra effort with different dealerships should help you in the end...
Yeh I see what you're saying. I've got my car at the end of the month too but at that time there were no real discounts and as you said if i wait i may lose it. So prolly wont wait till the end of the month. We'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kol View Post
my friend just picked up:

328xi e92
-executive
-sport (black headliner FTW)
-idrive
-real leather
-AT
-comfort access
-basically FULLY loaded

MSRP was $68.5k OTD, she paid $59.5K OTD
Damn!!! so expensive when I see cars over $55k all i think is 335 I know allot of the people dont care bout the power just want comfort...
btw black headliner does look so nice!
__________________
3000k HID Fogs | Mtech 3300 AE | Alufelgen CS7 19" F 8.5, R 9.5 ET30 | ContiSport, F 235/R 275 | H&R Sport Springs | CF Perf. T.1 Trunk Spoiler | CF BMW Perf. Splitters | BMW Perf. Exhaust | iPhone4 Doc | PBX | K&E Filter/Charcoal Delete
OwnAge is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
Rampage9
Second Lieutenant
 
Rampage9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 328i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Caledon Ont.

Posts: 267
iTrader: (3)

Maranello is having a sale this Thursday for the vehicles on their lot, I've gotten an invite in the mail and phone calls too.

Is your lease up on your current car?
__________________
Rampage9 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
Sil300
New Member
 
Drives: looking
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

I went and spoke to a local dealership today and BMW Canada has some large incentives on the e90 328i xDrive models. For a Classic Edition it was $4100 off and the Executive was $3100 off. On top of this, the salesman offered me 6% off (with room to spare he said). Just FYI. Let me know if you get any better offers as I'm also looking to purchase one soon.
Sil300 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
OwnAge
Brigadier General
 
OwnAge's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto. Newmarket.

Posts: 4,178
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 328i  [4.49]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage9 View Post
Maranello is having a sale this Thursday for the vehicles on their lot, I've gotten an invite in the mail and phone calls too.

Is your lease up on your current car?
nah another 18months but i was thinking bout it tho, make a jump to 335. Trying to hold myself together. Its for my brother and his boss's son.
Even tho prices are so good I cant really make a jump for myself. The new 3 is going to be reviled in 2 day. Even if its ugly (which i doubt. nothing can be uglier then pre LCI e90 :P it grew on me with time tho) I still have time to wait for coupe to come out. So in a way my lease time is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil300 View Post
I went and spoke to a local dealership today and BMW Canada has some large incentives on the e90 328i xDrive models. For a Classic Edition it was $4100 off and the Executive was $3100 off. On top of this, the salesman offered me 6% off (with room to spare he said). Just FYI. Let me know if you get any better offers as I'm also looking to purchase one soon.
good to know. now at least i can see a little bit how far they can go down.

I'll keep you updated.
__________________
3000k HID Fogs | Mtech 3300 AE | Alufelgen CS7 19" F 8.5, R 9.5 ET30 | ContiSport, F 235/R 275 | H&R Sport Springs | CF Perf. T.1 Trunk Spoiler | CF BMW Perf. Splitters | BMW Perf. Exhaust | iPhone4 Doc | PBX | K&E Filter/Charcoal Delete
OwnAge is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
OwnAge
Brigadier General
 
OwnAge's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto. Newmarket.

Posts: 4,178
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 328i  [4.49]
Edited:

So far I got $592 tax in and $3700 due on delivery. Executive xi 328 E90. White on Black. 6spd and Protection plan included. 20k km and 48months.
Still has to e approved by manger but the dude said they don't make any money on it. Best what he can offer.
__________________
3000k HID Fogs | Mtech 3300 AE | Alufelgen CS7 19" F 8.5, R 9.5 ET30 | ContiSport, F 235/R 275 | H&R Sport Springs | CF Perf. T.1 Trunk Spoiler | CF BMW Perf. Splitters | BMW Perf. Exhaust | iPhone4 Doc | PBX | K&E Filter/Charcoal Delete

Last edited by OwnAge; 10-19-2011 at 08:18 PM.
OwnAge is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
CanadianDriver
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 328xi
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

with 3.7k due on delivery, i'll assume freight/pdi is paid upfront and not rolled into the negotiated price.

try calculating these:
Invoice + $500 - $1600 Option Credit - $1500 Delivery Credit, $0 Admin, $1995 PDI, $100 AC fee, $75 Lien Registration, $24 Tire Stewardship, $5 OMVIC, $55 PPSA, $20 License Fee (same plate)

assuming the only option is automatic and 16,000 kms, 48mos. , i get $571 after tax.

Try other dealers if yours don't want it.

If you're trying a new dealer, send a formal offer letter to the sales manager, fleet manager or business development manager directly. You'll be pleased with the experience since no more going back and forth to the sales manager.
CanadianDriver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #10
OwnAge
Brigadier General
 
OwnAge's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto. Newmarket.

Posts: 4,178
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 328i  [4.49]
Sry it's manual and 20000km. 48months. $3700 due on delivery pdi and freight in it as well as the first month payment
__________________
3000k HID Fogs | Mtech 3300 AE | Alufelgen CS7 19" F 8.5, R 9.5 ET30 | ContiSport, F 235/R 275 | H&R Sport Springs | CF Perf. T.1 Trunk Spoiler | CF BMW Perf. Splitters | BMW Perf. Exhaust | iPhone4 Doc | PBX | K&E Filter/Charcoal Delete

Last edited by OwnAge; 10-19-2011 at 08:15 PM.
OwnAge is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
maakaveli
New Member
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
I just leased a 2011 328xi executive edition (fully loaded) from BMW Toronto.

I paid $0 down, 48 months lease, 20000 km allowance with $1300 paid on delivery.
My monthly payment is $530 before taxes and roughly $560 after tax.

I live in Edmonton and this deal is WAY cheaper than any Edmonton deal.

If you want to save money, shop around as you do save a lot more.
The last car I bought was from Toronto as well, and the one before from America.
The MSRP on the vehicle was roughly $42xxx and it goes for $46xxx
maakaveli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
OwnAge
Brigadier General
 
OwnAge's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto. Newmarket.

Posts: 4,178
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 328i  [4.49]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maakaveli View Post
I just leased a 2011 328xi executive edition (fully loaded) from BMW Toronto.

I paid $0 down, 48 months lease, 20000 km allowance with $1300 paid on delivery.
My monthly payment is $530 before taxes and roughly $560 after tax.

I live in Edmonton and this deal is WAY cheaper than any Edmonton deal.

If you want to save money, shop around as you do save a lot more.
The last car I bought was from Toronto as well, and the one before from America.
The MSRP on the vehicle was roughly $42xxx and it goes for $46xxx
Thanks. seems like a great deal if its 560$ after tax. 530+13%= $599 tho.
Grr I've bought 4 cars from that guy. He sweared etc that they didnt make any money on that car and 592$ with 3700$ was the lowest.
We want manual and white color prefer so that was the only car he said available. I'll call other dealers tomorrow.
__________________
3000k HID Fogs | Mtech 3300 AE | Alufelgen CS7 19" F 8.5, R 9.5 ET30 | ContiSport, F 235/R 275 | H&R Sport Springs | CF Perf. T.1 Trunk Spoiler | CF BMW Perf. Splitters | BMW Perf. Exhaust | iPhone4 Doc | PBX | K&E Filter/Charcoal Delete
OwnAge is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #13
kirasir
New Member
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

I got my 328i Sport at the end of September. Paid 11% less than MSRP. Dealer's invoice according to CarCost is ~10% plus about 4k factory rebates.
XI's were going for even cheaper.




Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnAge View Post
Thanks. seems like a great deal if its 560$ after tax. 530+13%= $599 tho.
Grr I've bought 4 cars from that guy. He sweared etc that they didnt make any money on that car and 592$ with 3700$ was the lowest.
We want manual and white color prefer so that was the only car he said available. I'll call other dealers tomorrow.
kirasir is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 12:19 AM   #14
youyou
Colonel
 
youyou's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 2,450
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnAge View Post
Im actually looking into getting two 328i. Im still not sure whether to go for demo or new as long as the price is right.
For now this is the preference Manual/xenons. for both.

What kind of discounts should i be looking at and what kind of monthly payments? Yes I know between 6-8% of listed price and to check the carcost. I've got 8% of when i got mine. With that being said due to clearance of demos and 2011 models I think they all going way more then 8% now and the prices are even lower so how much lower?

Any advice would be appreciated. Im planning to go to the dealer this week. Just trying to do some homework before i go.

ps I might be interested in finance if the price is right.

TIA.

Pm'ed!

I'll get you the best deal hands down
__________________
Retired-1996 Porsche C4S Polar Silver
Retired-2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cab Basalt Black
Retired - 2010 S5 Cabriolet Ibis White
Retired - 2008 M3 E93 Alpine White
Retired - 2007 335 E92 Alpine White
youyou is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #15
CanadianDriver
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 328xi
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnAge View Post
Sry it's manual and 20000km. 48months. $3700 due on delivery pdi and freight in it as well as the first month payment
Exec Ed with no options, $500 over invoice, 20000kms, 48mos, all incentives applied, will get you $558 after tax
CanadianDriver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #16
shag
The Black Wagon Man
 
shag's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 328xdT M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 460
iTrader: (0)

I was looking at a '11 touring and could not get anything lower than 800/mo. Is there that much of a difference between E91 lease deals
__________________

'14 328d xDrive Touring M Sport, BSM/CR.
shag is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #17
OwnAge
Brigadier General
 
OwnAge's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto. Newmarket.

Posts: 4,178
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 328i  [4.49]
No Idea^ It should not be such a big price difference. talk to "youyou"
__________________
3000k HID Fogs | Mtech 3300 AE | Alufelgen CS7 19" F 8.5, R 9.5 ET30 | ContiSport, F 235/R 275 | H&R Sport Springs | CF Perf. T.1 Trunk Spoiler | CF BMW Perf. Splitters | BMW Perf. Exhaust | iPhone4 Doc | PBX | K&E Filter/Charcoal Delete
OwnAge is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #18
BavFan_08
Dreamer
 
BavFan_08's Avatar
 
Drives: Retired: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: T.O. Canada

Posts: 826
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnAge View Post
Thanks. seems like a great deal if its 560$ after tax. 530+13%= $599 tho.
Grr I've bought 4 cars from that guy. He sweared etc that they didnt make any money on that car and 592$ with 3700$ was the lowest.
We want manual and white color prefer so that was the only car he said available. I'll call other dealers tomorrow.
Remember if he's in edmonton he's only paying 5% tax (GST)....
BavFan_08 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST