E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Thank you Audi Docklands



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,384
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Thank you Audi Docklands

RESULT!!!!!!....

I went to Audi Docklands today. Was greeted by the Head of Business, who introduced me to the Master Tech. What can I say, the service was outstanding!!! The Master Tech went with me for a drive ( I drove) and although the knocking noise wasn't as pronounced (as usual when you want to replicate a fault on a test drive, the fault never appears!!!)

But after a few minutes going over the speed bump, the guy knew that something didn't sound "right". We went back to the dealership and car went straight in the workshop.

What was causing the knocking noise, a stone in the suspension!!!.... Didn't really understand where exactly it was....but hey, its all sorted now!!!....Going over speed bumps at faster speed and no noise!!!....

Little things that made this a good experience:

Greeted warmly! ( Although, they knew that I didn't buy the TT from them, I was only here because I had an issue with the car and wasn't even sure if warranty would cover...) Coffee and tea offered etc

Very patient and knowledgeable tech. The Master Tech actually was very open and understanding. Sometimes on these kind of "fault seaching" test drives, you do feel like you're being treated like a liar or the "fault" is in your mind. But NOT on this one!!! The Master Tech was patient and asked lots of questions. ( Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Audi Victoria, where the tech actually drove the car for longer and did not find anything wrong!!! and had the cheek to say that "its a sports car and I need to get used to it" ?!! WTF ...Muppet!!!)

Finally, the Head of Business came to tell me about the outcome and that the car is waiting for me outside.

THANK YOU AUDI DOCKLANDS.
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,384
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Bit of background info...


http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/view...?f=19&t=246957
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Snooky
Major
 
Snooky's Avatar
 
Drives: Q5 S Line Plus; 208 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Livingston, Scotland

Posts: 1,165
iTrader: (0)

Nice one Kev!

I had a noise on braking (motorway speeds) on my TT and, thankfully, when I took the engineer from Edinburgh Audi out (me driving) he could hear it pretty quickly....new brake discs all round...jobs a good'un.

Also had great service....considerate, respectful and keen to sort it. We are keen to show bad service so only right to highlight good service too.
__________________
Still missing my E92 335i M Sport!
Snooky is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,384
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooky View Post
Nice one Kev!

I had a noise on braking (motorway speeds) on my TT and, thankfully, when I took the engineer from Edinburgh Audi out (me driving) he could hear it pretty quickly....new brake discs all round...jobs a good'un.

Also had great service....considerate, respectful and keen to sort it. We are keen to show bad service so only right to highlight good service too.
Yeah Snooky, credit where its due...

Hope you're enjoying life in Scotland! Wish I could move up there!!!...
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
Snooky
Major
 
Snooky's Avatar
 
Drives: Q5 S Line Plus; 208 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Livingston, Scotland

Posts: 1,165
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Yeah Snooky, credit where its due...

Hope you're enjoying life in Scotland! Wish I could move up there!!!...
Its all good mate. I have been here nearly half my life now (between uni and work) and my wife and kids are all Scottish!). People pretty similar to those back in Ireland tbh. And, I spend half my life in London with work... best of all worlds
__________________
Still missing my E92 335i M Sport!
Snooky is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
rogerxp
Major General
 
rogerxp's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockport, Cheshire

Posts: 5,913
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I'm confused Kev, you not got the Beemer anymore, did I miss something or have you had a TT for so long it's never mentioned .

Good news that the dealer sorted things .
__________________
Current -: MW E92 M3 Competition Pack / Qashqai+2 Tekna 1.6dci
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
rogerxp is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,384
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Still got the Beemer Roger...

and the TT (which I give to my brother to drive on an occassional basis) ... ;-)
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
Carjack
Stormtrooper
 
Carjack's Avatar
 
Drives: 320D M-Sport Estoril Blue II
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London

Posts: 463
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
RESULT!!!!!!....

I went to Audi Docklands today. Was greeted by the Head of Business, who introduced me to the Master Tech. What can I say, the service was outstanding!!! The Master Tech went with me for a drive ( I drove) and although the knocking noise wasn't as pronounced (as usual when you want to replicate a fault on a test drive, the fault never appears!!!)

But after a few minutes going over the speed bump, the guy knew that something didn't sound "right". We went back to the dealership and car went straight in the workshop.

What was causing the knocking noise, a stone in the suspension!!!.... Didn't really understand where exactly it was....but hey, its all sorted now!!!....Going over speed bumps at faster speed and no noise!!!....

Little things that made this a good experience:

Greeted warmly! ( Although, they knew that I didn't buy the TT from them, I was only here because I had an issue with the car and wasn't even sure if warranty would cover...) Coffee and tea offered etc

Very patient and knowledgeable tech. The Master Tech actually was very open and understanding. Sometimes on these kind of "fault seaching" test drives, you do feel like you're being treated like a liar or the "fault" is in your mind. But NOT on this one!!! The Master Tech was patient and asked lots of questions. ( Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Audi Victoria, where the tech actually drove the car for longer and did not find anything wrong!!! and had the cheek to say that "its a sports car and I need to get used to it" ?!! WTF ...Muppet!!!)

Finally, the Head of Business came to tell me about the outcome and that the car is waiting for me outside.

THANK YOU AUDI DOCKLANDS.
Try the BMW Park Lane service depot at Nine Elms. Their professionalism is outstanding!
Carjack is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST