E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Looking for a good parking lot downtown to DESTROY my tires ...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
CYA CFA
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
40
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

Question Looking for a good parking lot downtown to DESTROY my tires ...

Hello all,

My stock runflat Bridgestones disintegrated on the Mosport Grand Prix track last month (insane camber wear, chunks of rubber flying off, the whole bit). However, they still have a solid 7/12 tread in the center and hold air perfectly. Needless to say I'll be swapping them out for something new in the spring, but before I put on the winters and chuck the OEMs I'd like to wail on them in a way I would never do with tires I cared the least bit about.

Can anyone recommend a good parking lot downtown (i.e. within a few clicks of Union Station) where I can spend some time on a weekend doing massive doughnuts and burnouts without bothering anyone? I'm not looking to get arrested or hit a lamp-pole, so something large, empty, and out of the way would be ideal.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
Andy M
Canada
29
Rep
1,207
Posts

 
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

There are empty parking lots in downtown Toronto? j/k

Seriously though, I probably wouldn't do that because if one of the tires goes while you're in the middle of a skid, you could end up destroying a rim too.

Otherwise if you're not worried, there are probably a lot of big open pavement areas down by the Waterfront by Cherry Street and Commissioners St. It's big, empty, out of the way, mostly industrial, and no one will be there so you won't end up hurting anyone or destroying property. It'd be a good spot to teach a teenager to drive.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 02:28 AM   #3
vanondemand
Banned
vanondemand's Avatar
Canada
9
Rep
662
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M/T
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Don't mean to hijack, but anyone know a spot in Vancouver?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 03:41 AM   #4
ELITE_TRAYUNZE
Captain
ELITE_TRAYUNZE's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
643
Posts

 
Drives: AW 07 E90 328i Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323ibimmer View Post
Don't mean to hijack, but anyone know a spot in Vancouver?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 04:08 AM   #5
vanondemand
Banned
vanondemand's Avatar
Canada
9
Rep
662
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M/T
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE_TRAYUNZE View Post
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 05:26 AM   #6
nospleeny
Captain
11
Rep
970
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 528xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Parking lots are private property; therefore unlikely to allow you do donuts in them as it's a liability if you get injured.

+1 And if your tires are as bad as you mentioned, you're not concerned about blow-outs? Just because the tires are fine in the middle doesn't mean they won't blow-out.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #7
AP2
Captain
17
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

FYI police can still charge you stunt driving/street racing related offenses even though you are drifting/donuting in private property
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #8
bulldog x6
Major General
65
Rep
5,022
Posts

 
Drives: x6 panzer
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: probably work

iTrader: (28)

doubt you will find a a truly empty lot downtown; even if you did, it will be full of debris and potholes
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
achien
AC
Canada
28
Rep
2,378
Posts

 
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

try the Go Station parking lots. There may not be one in downtown Toronto, but they are always empty on the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYA CFA View Post
Hello all,

My stock runflat Bridgestones disintegrated on the Mosport Grand Prix track last month (insane camber wear, chunks of rubber flying off, the whole bit). However, they still have a solid 7/12 tread in the center and hold air perfectly. Needless to say I'll be swapping them out for something new in the spring, but before I put on the winters and chuck the OEMs I'd like to wail on them in a way I would never do with tires I cared the least bit about.

Can anyone recommend a good parking lot downtown (i.e. within a few clicks of Union Station) where I can spend some time on a weekend doing massive doughnuts and burnouts without bothering anyone? I'm not looking to get arrested or hit a lamp-pole, so something large, empty, and out of the way would be ideal.

Thanks in advance
__________________
Your Supreme Leader
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #10
Blackadder
Captain Blackadder
Blackadder's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335D
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mission, BC

iTrader: (0)

FACEPALM..
__________________
2009 335d - Space Grey Metallic - Grey Dakota Leather
Audio control LC6i interface + base remote feeding a Boston Acoustics GT50 5 channel amp. Eclipse SC8365 + Focal 165 VRX, rear SP5010. MB Quart RSH304 12" subwoofer.
AF&AM
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
catch
Major General
catch's Avatar
Canada
69
Rep
5,504
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thornhill

iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
There are empty parking lots in downtown Toronto? j/k
my thoughts exactly
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #12
Havok_2011
Havok_2011's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
3,018
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Are you nuts? You aren't going to find an empty parking lot on the weekend in downtown Toronto, and even then, the likelihood of someone not seeing and reporting you is extremely slim.

You need to drive a little outside of the city core to do what you are thinking...and even then, why you want to chance blowing a tire and creating damage to your car is beyond me.

Come on man.....this is just plain silly.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #13
CYA CFA
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
40
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

Can someone please explain the grave concerns about a blow-out? They're runflats - so what's the difference?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #14
sheerin
Private
0
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 323i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Wow, the lack of respect for the machine you drive is absolutely staggering.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #15
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYA CFA View Post
Can someone please explain the grave concerns about a blow-out? They're runflats - so what's the difference?
No offense - but this thread lacks any intelligence whatsoever. Doing donuts in a parking lot is begging for trouble - let alone downtown??????

You have obviously not seen a tire blow out or shred - you can damage a lot more than just the tires.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #16
Evolution_GT
Captain
Evolution_GT's Avatar
Canada
9
Rep
856
Posts

 
Drives: 08A22E93N52
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
bunnn
Colonel
bunnn's Avatar
35
Rep
2,260
Posts

 
Drives: like a grandma
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (12)

A quick search on google will yield many images on various scenario's of a blow out. I'm not sure run flats can handle more than a simple puncture in your tires.
__________________
Cheers
Ben
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #18
CYA CFA
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
40
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

Imagine my surprise when I realized that I had inadvertently posted my question on what appears to be a Toyota Avalon forum.

If anyone has any credible stories of damage or injuries sustained while traveling no more than 20km an hour in a circle at a safe distance from traffic please do share them.

Otherwise please offer up a suitable location or mind your knitting ...

Andy M and achien: sincere thanks for Cherry Street and Go lots, respectively.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #19
Blackadder
Captain Blackadder
Blackadder's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335D
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mission, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYA CFA View Post
Imagine my surprise when I realized that I had inadvertently posted my question on what appears to be a Toyota Avalon forum.
Maybe you should have posted it in the redneck forum?
__________________
2009 335d - Space Grey Metallic - Grey Dakota Leather
Audio control LC6i interface + base remote feeding a Boston Acoustics GT50 5 channel amp. Eclipse SC8365 + Focal 165 VRX, rear SP5010. MB Quart RSH304 12" subwoofer.
AF&AM
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #20
ncats07
Private
0
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYA CFA View Post
Imagine my surprise when I realized that I had inadvertently posted my question on what appears to be a Toyota Avalon forum.
LOL, no kidding.

Burnouts and tail-out shenanigans are part of the fun of owning a high horsepower rear wheel drive car. If you can afford the tires, have the ability/brains to keep it out of the rev limiter and not run into anything, there's no harm in it. And its fun as hell.

I wouldn't "DESTROY" them if I were you. 1) You could do some damage to your wheel well liners and even the 1/4 panel when they disintegrate. 2) You'll make enough smoke and noise to land yourself in shit with the law for sure. But a short burst of laying it down and then getting the hell out of there should be ok... but you are taking on the risk that you're doing something the local police force won't take kindly to.

I have a place. I live downtown and I send out all my worn out tires this way. And I go lay a few down every now and then jet for fun. I'll PM you. Don't want to post it here for fear of having a protest flair up or something. Remember, the first rule of Burnout Club is....
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #21
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
E90MCF's Avatar
Canada
26
Rep
1,545
Posts

 
Drives: 06' AW E90
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: YYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncats07 View Post
LOL, no kidding.

Burnouts and tail-out shenanigans are part of the fun of owning a high horsepower rear wheel drive car. If you can afford the tires, have the ability/brains to keep it out of the rev limiter and not run into anything, there's no harm in it. And its fun as hell.

I wouldn't "DESTROY" them if I were you. 1) You could do some damage to your wheel well liners and even the 1/4 panel when they disintegrate. 2) You'll make enough smoke and noise to land yourself in shit with the law for sure. But a short burst of laying it down and then getting the hell out of there should be ok... but you are taking on the risk that you're doing something the local police force won't take kindly to.

I have a place. I live downtown and I send out all my worn out tires this way. And I go lay a few down every now and then jet for fun. I'll PM you. Don't want to post it here for fear of having a protest flair up or something. Remember, the first rule of Burnout Club is....
Idiots code of silence and always stick together?



__________________
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #22
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYA CFA View Post
Imagine my surprise when I realized that I had inadvertently posted my question on what appears to be a Toyota Avalon forum.

If anyone has any credible stories of damage or injuries sustained while traveling no more than 20km an hour in a circle at a safe distance from traffic please do share them.

Otherwise please offer up a suitable location or mind your knitting ...

Andy M and achien: sincere thanks for Cherry Street and Go lots, respectively.
Imagine our surprise when we logged on to our BMW forum and some moron posts a thread about wondering if there is a parking lot in downtown Toronto (or within a few clicks of union station) where they could go to do burnouts....

There are a bunch of 12 year olds that troll the forum - maybe they can chime in and give a great location.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST