1. Cut the fabric to the size of the trims...(make sure the wave direction are all go same way before you cut, and make sure you leave about 1" longer on all sides of the trims.
2. Clean the trims, let it dry and apply the 3M adhesive....Apply 2-3 layers of the adhesive.
3. Put the fabric on and use your hand to get all the bubbles out....again make sure the wave are in the correct direction.
4. work on all corners by pull and stretch the fabric.
5. cut the vent hole...again leave about 1/2" so that you can wrap the fabric around....you need to cut the 4 corners in order to have the have enough room for the fabric to fold and stick. Add'l info: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196996
6. apply adhesive all edges and wrap around all edges....sometime you need to let the adhesvie for about 1 minute before they start bonding affect.
7. let it sit for 5-8 mins before you double check all edges and corners all
fine. Done!! (During this 5-8 mins wait time, you can work on the other piece.)
Before you actually glueing, you should pratice stretching and pulling the fabric on the corners before applying glues. This will give you an idea when you actual doing with glue.
Here are some more pics for your reference. Hope these pics can help those who wants to save huge money (save over $300) and decided to DIY.
You are welcome to PM me if you have any question.