E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Dash-Cam installed on my E92 N55 M-Sport



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-07-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
Zackforever
Private
Zackforever's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Dash-Cam installed on my E92 N55 M-Sport

I never thought about I need a dash-cam before, but after my friend had an accident recently, that reminded me I should get one just for another "insurance". My friend fully stopped at the stop sight, but another guy didn't and hit him, they called the police, but that asshole told the police opposite story, said my friend didn't stop and hit him. Because there had no camera and no witness, then my friend had to hire an attorney, even though my friend won the case, but he paid more than he actually claimed.

Too many different brands dash-cam out there, was little confusing at the beginning to choose. I'm traditional shopping guy, I like to go physical store than online. I bought this one from http://www.7daycam.com/ddpai-dashcam...lack-box.html/, because I realized they have office at greater LA area. So I wen to their office to pick it up, they show me different ones, I feel this one mini is the best one overall, size is smaller than I expect and super easy to install. They told me how to hide the hire, nice.

They have 1 year warranty and office just 20 miles away from place. Most importantly, I could straight up to their office if it has any problem.

The definition is awesome, and I like the small form factor and screenshots of the video sold me! I like how you can view the video on your phone, that way I can instantly show people without having to remove the SD card and load it onto my computer. And the little bottom comes with it is interesting, every time you press it, the it takes a picture and 10 seconds video (5 secs before the press and 5 sec after), automatically go to your app when your phone connected the camera.

Installation is super easy, you can either connect to the USB or OBD II. It comes with the USB cable, OBD II cable and a USB car charger with 2 USB ports. I connected it to my OBD II port, basically just hide the wire inside the header and inside the A pillar, then all way down to the OBD II port. I was little lazy to open the rear mirror black box to hire the rest of wire, otherwise would be more clean.

Honestly I feel bad for having this such thing on my car, but we really need especially at LA. If people could be honest, and drive safe, we need none.
Attached Images
       
__________________
E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded -- JB4 Stage 2 | REMUS Quad Exhaust | aFe Cold Air Stage 2 Intake | AR DESIGN Catless Downpipe | ETS Chargepipe
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #2
peterparker
Lieutenant
21
Rep
464
Posts

Drives: e90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rochester NY

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Looks good, and affordable. How's the quality?
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2016, 04:32 PM   #3
SAADTHESAV
Captain
SAADTHESAV's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
752
Posts

Drives: '09 Space Gray E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (4)

I'm about to move to LA for school this fall, I'm thinking I should get one of these.

How much did it cost you in all?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
Zackforever
Private
Zackforever's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAADTHESAV
I'm about to move to LA for school this fall, I'm thinking I should get one of these.

How much did it cost you in all?
$99.95, really good price to me with all these great feature, and free 16GB SDcard
__________________
E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded -- JB4 Stage 2 | REMUS Quad Exhaust | aFe Cold Air Stage 2 Intake | AR DESIGN Catless Downpipe | ETS Chargepipe
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #5
Zackforever
Private
Zackforever's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker
Looks good, and affordable. How's the quality?
Quality is awesome, i went up to the mountain at night after i installed it, i'll post the clip later.
__________________
E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded -- JB4 Stage 2 | REMUS Quad Exhaust | aFe Cold Air Stage 2 Intake | AR DESIGN Catless Downpipe | ETS Chargepipe
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 04:59 PM   #6
SAADTHESAV
Captain
SAADTHESAV's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
752
Posts

Drives: '09 Space Gray E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackforever View Post
$99.95, really good price to me with all these great feature, and free 16GB SDcard
I'm looking at iTrue X3 Dashcam and that has 4.6/5 stars with 230 reviews on Amazon. Did you look at that one before purchasing this dash cam?

I'm just wondering, why'd you choose this one? There's not that many reviews on the internet about this.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 05:03 PM   #7
Zackforever
Private
Zackforever's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAADTHESAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackforever View Post
$99.95, really good price to me with all these great feature, and free 16GB SDcard
I'm looking at iTrue X3 Dashcam and that has 4.6/5 stars with 230 reviews on Amazon. Did you look at that one before purchasing this dash cam?

I'm just wondering, why'd you choose this one? There's not that many reviews on the internet about this.
I think i did but just forgot the names except this one and Blackvue, a lot of forum friends told me Blackvue is the best, but it is little pricy to me personally, the features are exactly the same as mine, but Blackvue $229.95, and it's Korean brand, i dont wanna email, call or even ship it to oversea for having any issue. This one i got, i might straight up to their office, lol.
Beside, I don't think iTrue X3 has these features, and man, that's huge to me, seriously.
__________________
E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded -- JB4 Stage 2 | REMUS Quad Exhaust | aFe Cold Air Stage 2 Intake | AR DESIGN Catless Downpipe | ETS Chargepipe

Last edited by Zackforever; 03-07-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #8
SAADTHESAV
Captain
SAADTHESAV's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
752
Posts

Drives: '09 Space Gray E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackforever View Post
I think i did but just forgot the names except this one and Blackvue, a lot of forum friends told me Blackvue is the best, but it is little pricy to me personally, the features are exactly the same as mine, but Blackvue $229.95, and it's Korean brand, i dont wanna email, call or even ship it to oversea for having any issue. This one i got, i might straight up to their office, lol.
Beside, I don't think iTrue X3 has these features, and man, that's huge to me, seriously.
Wow alright, if I'm going to buy one it's probably going to be this one then. Thanks for giving a detailed review on it :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 05:51 PM   #9
Zackforever
Private
Zackforever's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAADTHESAV View Post
Wow alright, if I'm going to buy one it's probably going to be this one then. Thanks for giving a detailed review on it :-)
No problem, Curry.
__________________
E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded -- JB4 Stage 2 | REMUS Quad Exhaust | aFe Cold Air Stage 2 Intake | AR DESIGN Catless Downpipe | ETS Chargepipe
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2016, 11:20 PM   #10
JiggaWang
Private First Class
13
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2016 MW/SS M4
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington

iTrader: (2)

Thanks for sharing! I'm interested to see a sample clip. Did you get a rear camera? I got rear ended recently so looking for front and back dash cams to record all the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 01:37 AM   #11
Deluxx3
Lieutenant
Deluxx3's Avatar
United_States
40
Rep
454
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: For Wayne IN

iTrader: (0)

Could you upload a video sample so we could see the quality?

Great job on the installation!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:48 PM   #12
Zackforever
Private
Zackforever's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxx3
Could you upload a video sample so we could see the quality?

Great job on the installation!
Night:



Day:
__________________
E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded -- JB4 Stage 2 | REMUS Quad Exhaust | aFe Cold Air Stage 2 Intake | AR DESIGN Catless Downpipe | ETS Chargepipe
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:50 PM   #13
Zackforever
Private
Zackforever's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaWang
Thanks for sharing! I'm interested to see a sample clip. Did you get a rear camera? I got rear ended recently so looking for front and back dash cams to record all the time.
No, i got the front only, yeh, i posted 3 links within day and night times, it's clearer than i expected honestly.
__________________
E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded -- JB4 Stage 2 | REMUS Quad Exhaust | aFe Cold Air Stage 2 Intake | AR DESIGN Catless Downpipe | ETS Chargepipe
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 09:27 PM   #14
NYBulldog
Specialist
109
Rep
1,221
Posts

Drives: Nikes
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NuYawk

iTrader: (8)

Damn the quality is great for the price. How many hours does the 16GB capture? I want to assume not that much right? Thanks for sharing, very helpful.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #15
SAADTHESAV
Captain
SAADTHESAV's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
752
Posts

Drives: '09 Space Gray E90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackforever View Post
No, i got the front only, yeh, i posted 3 links within day and night times, it's clearer than i expected honestly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBulldog View Post
Damn the quality is great for the price. How many hours does the 16GB capture? I want to assume not that much right? Thanks for sharing, very helpful.
Yeah how many hours does the 16 GB capture?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #16
joshe92
First Lieutenant
joshe92's Avatar
22
Rep
372
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 335i xDrive coupe
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Detroit, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackforever View Post
No, i got the front only, yeh, i posted 3 links within day and night times, it's clearer than i expected honestly.
How do you have a remus cat back? they have a catback for the E92 N55?

I have axle back
__________________
E92 335i MSport Sapphire black: // aFe intake // Remus quad // AR Downpipe // Cobb V3 // BMW PPK // Alpina B3 Flash // Vrsf 5" Stepped Intercooler and Chargepipe // High Kick Spoiler // Gloss Black Grill // DD Gloss black Diffuser // OEM painted reflectors

Future mods (WTB): // ST Coilovers for Xi // AG M359
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:57 PM   #17
joshe92
First Lieutenant
joshe92's Avatar
22
Rep
372
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 335i xDrive coupe
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Detroit, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackforever View Post
I never thought about I need a dash-cam before, but after my friend had an accident recently, that reminded me I should get one just for another "insurance". My friend fully stopped at the stop sight, but another guy didn't and hit him, they called the police, but that asshole told the police opposite story, said my friend didn't stop and hit him. Because there had no camera and no witness, then my friend had to hire an attorney, even though my friend won the case, but he paid more than he actually claimed.

Too many different brands dash-cam out there, was little confusing at the beginning to choose. I'm traditional shopping guy, I like to go physical store than online. I bought this one from http://www.7daycam.com/ddpai-dashcam...lack-box.html/, because I realized they have office at greater LA area. So I wen to their office to pick it up, they show me different ones, I feel this one mini is the best one overall, size is smaller than I expect and super easy to install. They told me how to hide the hire, nice.

They have 1 year warranty and office just 20 miles away from place. Most importantly, I could straight up to their office if it has any problem.

The definition is awesome, and I like the small form factor and screenshots of the video sold me! I like how you can view the video on your phone, that way I can instantly show people without having to remove the SD card and load it onto my computer. And the little bottom comes with it is interesting, every time you press it, the it takes a picture and 10 seconds video (5 secs before the press and 5 sec after), automatically go to your app when your phone connected the camera.

Installation is super easy, you can either connect to the USB or OBD II. It comes with the USB cable, OBD II cable and a USB car charger with 2 USB ports. I connected it to my OBD II port, basically just hide the wire inside the header and inside the A pillar, then all way down to the OBD II port. I was little lazy to open the rear mirror black box to hire the rest of wire, otherwise would be more clean.

Honestly I feel bad for having this such thing on my car, but we really need especially at LA. If people could be honest, and drive safe, we need none.
Where'd you get the splitters? They look awesome!!
__________________
E92 335i MSport Sapphire black: // aFe intake // Remus quad // AR Downpipe // Cobb V3 // BMW PPK // Alpina B3 Flash // Vrsf 5" Stepped Intercooler and Chargepipe // High Kick Spoiler // Gloss Black Grill // DD Gloss black Diffuser // OEM painted reflectors

Future mods (WTB): // ST Coilovers for Xi // AG M359
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 04:09 PM   #18
BeastMode335i
Colonel
BeastMode335i's Avatar
United_States
274
Rep
2,947
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: 856->609->239

iTrader: (1)

Wow bro that quality is on point..! I wasn't expecting that at all.. I bought a "720p" windshield mount camera, and yeah it's not anything even remotely close to the quality of this one..
__________________
Jet Black E92 335i 6AT - Alpina B3 Flash - BMS DCI - ARM 3" Catless DP - VRSF CP - HKS BOV - MHD Stg. 1/93 Tune - Kuda Mount w/ Galaxy Tab 4 - BTC455 BT Streaming - M3 Rep Front - Shadowline Trim/Grills - Golf Tee Mod - Codes for days
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 04:21 PM   #19
Zackforever
Private
Zackforever's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBulldog
Damn the quality is great for the price. How many hours does the 16GB capture? I want to assume not that much right? Thanks for sharing, very helpful.
Around 4-5 hours, but its automatically
__________________
E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded -- JB4 Stage 2 | REMUS Quad Exhaust | aFe Cold Air Stage 2 Intake | AR DESIGN Catless Downpipe | ETS Chargepipe
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 04:24 PM   #20
Zackforever
Private
Zackforever's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAADTHESAV View Post
Yeah how many hours does the 16 GB capture?
4-5 hours
__________________
E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded -- JB4 Stage 2 | REMUS Quad Exhaust | aFe Cold Air Stage 2 Intake | AR DESIGN Catless Downpipe | ETS Chargepipe
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2016, 04:25 PM   #21
Zackforever
Private
Zackforever's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode335i View Post
Wow bro that quality is on point..! I wasn't expecting that at all.. I bought a "720p" windshield mount camera, and yeah it's not anything even remotely close to the quality of this one..
yeh, really clear and the thing i like the most is it connects to my iPhone, i can see the video, pictures and everything on my phone.
__________________
E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded -- JB4 Stage 2 | REMUS Quad Exhaust | aFe Cold Air Stage 2 Intake | AR DESIGN Catless Downpipe | ETS Chargepipe
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 04:26 PM   #22
Zackforever
Private
Zackforever's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshe92 View Post
Where'd you get the splitters? They look awesome!!

I forgot, that was long long time ago, maybe one of the shops in my area or online seller.
__________________
E92 N55 M-Sport Fully Loaded -- JB4 Stage 2 | REMUS Quad Exhaust | aFe Cold Air Stage 2 Intake | AR DESIGN Catless Downpipe | ETS Chargepipe
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST