E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Dealer lying about cd changer?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #45
gIzzE
Major General
 
gIzzE's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 cdi Estate.
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norfolk, UK.

Posts: 5,131
iTrader: (2)

The best way is to simply add the cd changer option to the Vehicle Order.
You then write a new blank man file, this will get the car to add the cd changer whether it is there or not.


Have a look at this....

http://www.zen104526.zen.co.uk/BMW/N..._Order_CAS.pdf
gIzzE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #46
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Gotta first add the cd changer into the loop !
__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 06:35 AM   #47
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

All done.

Get someone WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING! This is more important that any person who has had 50 years experience in the main dealer.

Add the cd changer into the loom on the most block.

Then code the car as retrofitting an ipod, not a cd changer, an ipod.

Plug in the BMW ipod interface in the back where the cd changer goes and voila.

The interface cost me 40 off ebay and didn't cost me anything to code it up etc. However if you go to someone who knows what they're doing and can code it as an ipod retrofit then it will cost another 40.

So total cost for full ipod intergration in my car with all the track names etc on the idrive....40...im happy

If you have a dension, code it as a dension not ipod.

You can code it as a cd changer and plug in your dension or bmw interface but theres no point when you have the ipod/dension option.

Can I also request ibanezking to put that in his pipe and smoke it
__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #48
Mr Singh
Banned
 
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Milton Keynes

Posts: 773
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moar View Post
All done.

Get someone WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING! This is more important that any person who has had 50 years experience in the main dealer.

Add the cd changer into the loom on the most block.

Then code the car as retrofitting an ipod, not a cd changer, an ipod.

Plug in the BMW ipod interface in the back where the cd changer goes and voila.

The interface cost me 40 off ebay and didn't cost me anything to code it up etc. However if you go to someone who knows what they're doing and can code it as an ipod retrofit then it will cost another 40.

So total cost for full ipod intergration in my car with all the track names etc on the idrive....40...im happy

If you have a dension, code it as a dension not ipod.

You can code it as a cd changer and plug in your dension or bmw interface but theres no point when you have the ipod/dension option.

Can I also request ibanezking to put that in his pipe and smoke it
That's fantastic

Now, how do I go about doing it on mine lol. If you could post the link to the retrofit unit and details of the guy who did your coding i'd appreciate it
Mr Singh is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #49
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

4 steps:

1. Attain a dension or BMW interface unit . ( BMW ones on ebay are very cheap 45-90 )
2. Add your cd changer loom into the MOST loop. ( Get someone who knows what they are doing)
3. Using autologic code it as either ipod interface or dension interface.
4. Plug in your cd changer loom into the back of your ipod interface.

My guy was Peter Van der Veer in Huddersfield, he is from Holland and knows exactly what he is doing. He did the MOST block in like 10 minutes, coded it whilst he did the block, just a brilliant chap. He is in my approved books now who have my trust to touch my car now
__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #50
Mr Singh
Banned
 
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Milton Keynes

Posts: 773
iTrader: (3)

Can't say I have seen any interfaces for a pro nav/i drive equiped car that cheap! I guess I'll keep searching though.

Fitting part isn't a problem, I guess you have it little better with a guy who knows what he's doing locally (even if he is from NL) but thats where I think most get stuck.. finding a indy who will know what there doing - so far looks like I'd have to travel regardless to get that part of the install done!
Mr Singh is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #51
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Just keep searching ebay for "bmw ipod" in auction mode and look for the interface box, it is grey, then google the P/N on it, I've seen 3-4 come and go on ebay around 70.

Another way is getting an audio shop to do the most block bit, just tell them where to add it into the loop and then get the autologic indy to code the ipod bit.
__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #52
///ajd
Colonel
 
///ajd's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d Touring
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

Posts: 2,297
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moar View Post
4 steps:

1. Attain a dension or BMW interface unit . ( BMW ones on ebay are very cheap 45-90 )
2. Add your cd changer loom into the MOST loop. ( Get someone who knows what they are doing)
3. Using autologic code it as either ipod interface or dension interface.
4. Plug in your cd changer loom into the back of your ipod interface.

My guy was Peter Van der Veer in Huddersfield, he is from Holland and knows exactly what he is doing. He did the MOST block in like 10 minutes, coded it whilst he did the block, just a brilliant chap. He is in my approved books now who have my trust to touch my car now
Hi moar

Being a it slow here - the cd changer loom - is this in all cars already, I.e. Its just a fibre optic cable?

Where do you actually fit the interface unit - what does it plug into? Where do you plug in your iPod?

Is this the unit that shows the iPod like a cd changer - I.e. with 6 folders of music? Or can you scan music like a proper iPod on track name/artist. Thinking about I thought my 06 idrive would only do the former, and could never be like the pukka 6FL code?



Well done for sorting it.
__________________
E91 330d Touring M Sport Auto 2006
225M 19" MV4 + Falken 453
M3 270M 18" rims + Vred Wintrac Extremes
100,000 miles
///ajd is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #53
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Posts: 4,448
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moar View Post
All done.

Get someone WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING! This is more important that any person who has had 50 years experience in the main dealer.

Add the cd changer into the loom on the most block.

Then code the car as retrofitting an ipod, not a cd changer, an ipod.

Plug in the BMW ipod interface in the back where the cd changer goes and voila.

The interface cost me 40 off ebay and didn't cost me anything to code it up etc. However if you go to someone who knows what they're doing and can code it as an ipod retrofit then it will cost another 40.

So total cost for full ipod intergration in my car with all the track names etc on the idrive....40...im happy

If you have a dension, code it as a dension not ipod.

You can code it as a cd changer and plug in your dension or bmw interface but theres no point when you have the ipod/dension option.

Can I also request ibanezking to put that in his pipe and smoke it
Hi there Moar! Can you point me to a listing for the hardware that is that cheap? I would love to add it to my personal car. Thanks in advance!
Elliott@DetailAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #54
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
Hi there Moar! Can you point me to a listing for the hardware that is that cheap? I would love to add it to my personal car. Thanks in advance!
Won it on ebay uk auction, isn't a shop or anything, private seller selling is unit on auction.
__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #55
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Posts: 4,448
iTrader: (0)

Original BMW part?

If so congrats on the amazing deal! Cheers
Elliott@DetailAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #56
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
Hi moar

Being a it slow here - the cd changer loom - is this in all cars already, I.e. Its just a fibre optic cable?

Where do you actually fit the interface unit - what does it plug into? Where do you plug in your iPod?

Is this the unit that shows the iPod like a cd changer - I.e. with 6 folders of music? Or can you scan music like a proper iPod on track name/artist. Thinking about I thought my 06 idrive would only do the former, and could never be like the pukka 6FL code?

Well done for sorting it.
Yes I think its in all cars, cd prep, in the boot on the left covered with velcro padding.



I have the grey unit, the cd changer loom in the back boot plugs directly into the grey unit. Then that cable in the pic goes into the ipod and unit.

It acts as a cd changer but I can scan all my playlists albums etc. I just have all my fav music in the playlists and just use them. Full track names etc etc displayed on the idrive screen, proper navigation all around the ipod.
__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #57
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
Original BMW part?

If so congrats on the amazing deal! Cheers
Yes genuine bmw part with BMW p/n.
__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #58
JonnySi
BMW Technician
 
JonnySi's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: England

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moar View Post
Did you wire the most block?

You have to wire the most block so the cd changer is in the loop, you can't just plug it in and code the car.
How do you wire a MOST block? Its 2 fibre optic tubes! Some E90's require the loop opening behind the N/s/R seat, and programming, whereas others only require a reprogramme.
__________________
BMW 325d SE bluewater
JonnySi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #59
///ajd
Colonel
 
///ajd's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d Touring
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

Posts: 2,297
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moar View Post
Yes I think its in all cars, cd prep, in the boot on the left covered with velcro padding.



I have the grey unit, the cd changer loom in the back boot plugs directly into the grey unit. Then that cable in the pic goes into the ipod and unit.

It acts as a cd changer but I can scan all my playlists albums etc. I just have all my fav music in the playlists and just use them. Full track names etc etc displayed on the idrive screen, proper navigation all around the ipod.
Ok, thanks, so the grey thing goes under the boot, next to the bluetooth box (?). Does this mean you plug your iPod into that cable in the boot, and just leave it there? Probably rules out an iPhone, but just get a cheap second iPod?

Some photos of the iPod display in the idrive would be good, or links to some, not sure how this would work. 50 is very cheap.
__________________
E91 330d Touring M Sport Auto 2006
225M 19" MV4 + Falken 453
M3 270M 18" rims + Vred Wintrac Extremes
100,000 miles
///ajd is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #60
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Grey thing goes where OEm cd changer would go and is tied with cable ties, this is because that is where the cd cahnger loom is.

Add the cd changer loom into the live loop

then code the cd changer loom as an ipod interface loom

then plug it into the grey ipod unit

Ill make a vid for u guys

uploading the vid now.

cba to type properly atm so aplogies for crap grammar.
__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.

Last edited by moar; 11-07-2011 at 03:18 PM.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #61
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnySi View Post
How do you wire a MOST block? Its 2 fibre optic tubes! Some E90's require the loop opening behind the N/s/R seat, and programming, whereas others only require a reprogramme.
Indeed said this a couple of times now.

If you have no cd changer and do have the loom then you need to add it in the most block behind the bolster.

If you have the cd changer then it is plug and play.
__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #62
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #63
///ajd
Colonel
 
///ajd's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d Touring
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

Posts: 2,297
iTrader: (1)

Nice post moar. Good job.

Only trouble is everyone will want one now and they'll go up on eBay....
__________________
E91 330d Touring M Sport Auto 2006
225M 19" MV4 + Falken 453
M3 270M 18" rims + Vred Wintrac Extremes
100,000 miles
///ajd is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #64
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Yup absolutely, in my best interest, means I can make a sweet sweet profit when I come to sell the unit
__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #65
Mr Singh
Banned
 
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Milton Keynes

Posts: 773
iTrader: (3)

Thanks for taking the time to post the video!

Could you tell me the P/N of the interface you used? Also, you put the Ipod in the boot.. not a biggie really but I guess the cable from the interface to the Ipod isn't long enough to route into the center arm rest compartment?

Cheers!
Mr Singh is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #66
moar
First Lieutenant
 
moar's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: sheffield uk

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

65.41-0 411 033

Thinking of something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1M-30-PIN-...item2568f0bd06

Dont see the point though as I have full control from the front and its pretty easy to access the ipod in the boot if I wana add songs.
__________________
2007 330i M Sport Saloon Le Mans Blue
Active steering - Comfort Access - Bluetooth -TV - Heated Electric Memory Leather Seats - Auto - Logic 7 - Pro Nav - Adaptive Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist - iPod integration - Swirl free
.
moar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST