E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > VAC Review

11-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
turugara
Major

Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
VAC Review

VAC's shop is filled with equipment to handle any issues that you may run into and the employees have extensive background knowledge in all area's of automobile related topics. This is all information that you can see and read on their website.

Instead, I will tell my story of my experience with VAC in a situation when everything went wrong.

Three months ago I had a wavetrac differential installed at VAC. Over the course of three months, the differential developed a clunk while shifting gears. I brought my car into VAC for them to take a look at it and see if they could diagnose the issue.

I brought my car in on a Wednesday with the expectation of having it back ready for a Sunday track event. Friday I got a phone call from Mike@Vac and the news wasn't good. Everything was in spec as far as the install went but the differential still made a huge clunking sound. By the end of Friday, it wasn't looking good.

So that Saturday, Klevis and Tony from VAC spent the day working on it. By midday, it was determined that there was an issue with the Wavetrac unit itself and that it would be going in for warranty service. Seeing how I needed my car back by the next day, Tony, the owner of VAC, offered to swap the pumpkin off his 135i with a Quaife LSD onto my car.

This was a situation where VAC wasn't at fault and they went way above and beyond to resolve my problem. Needless to say, I would recommend VAC in a heartbeat to anyone based on this experience.

To put icing on top of the cake, Tony from VAC came out to Thunderbolt the following Monday and gave me some instruction on my first day out at that track. That was an experience.

Please ignore my bad lines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xS4XSyI6BpE

I've gone to VAC for everything from subframe bushings to LSD and I will probably go back long after I move on from this car. It's not easy finding a group of people who not only know what they are doing, but people you can trust and count on when things go wrong.

Thanks VAC.
      11-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
CALWATERBOY
Captain

Drives: 2009 E93 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
Tony, the owner of VAC, offered to swap the pumpkin off his 135i with a Quaife LSD onto my car.
Did they do the swap?

You have a rare perspective if they did....any diff at all noticed, WaveTrac vs Quaife?
      11-22-2011, 03:10 AM   #3
turugara
Major

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Yeah they did the swap. I did notice a difference. The Quaife seemed to engage much smoother than the wavetrac. However, this may be due to the defect in the wavetrac unit.
      11-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
CALWATERBOY
Captain

Drives: 2009 E93 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
Yeah they did the swap. I did notice a difference. The Quaife seemed to engage much smoother than the wavetrac. However, this may be due to the defect in the wavetrac unit.
When's WaveTrac back in? Unnoticable in mine except for increased performance.
      11-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Mike@VAC
Captain

Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i

Thanks for the review Steve, you are OK
      01-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
fl335i
Captain

Drives: 335i

^I'm going with a Quaife from VAC here shortly....
'07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, 18" Staggered 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Dinan Oil Cooler, Dinan Intercooler, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Blend V1 mount, Llumar ATR Tint.
fl335i is offline   United_States
      01-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
turugara
Major

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl335i View Post
^I'm going with a Quaife from VAC here shortly....
Sounds like a good upgrade. I'm about to head back for an entire suspension upgrade for 2012 season.