E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > EBay arms

04-03-2016, 02:11 PM   #1
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i 6sp

EBay arms

http://m.ebay.com/itm/GSP-BMW-06-11-...858?nav=SEARCH

Has anyone tried these arms? I'm slightly less reluctant because they are a pillow ball style not a heim joint.. I know when it comes to heim joints you better pay up if you want them..
I don't want them for more adjustment but to tighten uo the rear end and combat torque deflection.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
feuer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Hardrace=megan>godspeed or rev2>rev1
They are all the same made by Hardrace.
Basically when they come up with a revision for Megan the old part continue selling under the Godspeed name.
Nevertheless, they are great products and better than renown brands
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep

Thanks for the reply feuer! In my pursuit to affordabley (oxymoron with going fast right) apply the power I have.. I have been taking a look at them in hopes to tighten up the rear end a smidge...
I vowed to myself no more power mods (although they are fun lol) till I made the car "faster" not more powerful
So Far I did
Clutch limiting valve delete
Clutch pedal stop (couldn't live without now)
E46 m3 Trans mounts
NLS relay for the jb4 (every one should have one lol)
-on the way
B&M short shifter
Diff lockdown
I wanna throw her on the alignment rack but don't wanna waste my time if I plan on getting some of those rear arms
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 04:32 PM   #4
liket
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

I might have the wrong impression but is not heim joint just another name for a spherical bearing?
I've come under the impression that Pillow ball joint, ball joint, rose joint, heim joint, uniball joint, are the same thing with localized names.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
feuer
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by liket View Post
I might have the wrong impression but is not heim joint just another name for a spherical bearing?
I've come under the impression that Pillow ball joint, ball joint, rose joint, heim joint, uniball joint, are the same thing with localized names.
yes, pretty much, all the same.
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #6
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes your pretty much so right, now I'm no expert in saying this when it comes to every flavor of "joint"
But I look at a heim joint as being an joint with no seal and or ability to hold grease. Only by hearsay have I always been told you don't buy cheap ones because they wear prematurely and are very noisy!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 08:04 PM   #7
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Will these arms increase nvh by a lot? I plan on getting these, poly or solid subframe bushings, and m3 differential bushings.

Shouldnt be horrible right?

I have a manual trans. And the rear end is just way too soft. I feel like instead of replacing all the bushings in the stock arms with stiff poly bushings, i might as well just get these...

Opinions?

My car is a weekend car. Handling and precision is more important to me

Last edited by AWDBooSTIn90; 04-07-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #8
liket
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

From what I've read, the diff bushing is what gives the most NVH, all I can say is that my whiteline poly bushings don't really generate any NVH at all but they are an excellent upgrade for a sidesquatting rear.

Don't think the spherical bushing arms should be that bad on the NVH either, I mean some of the arms are already on spherical bushings from factory.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #9
feuer
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDBooSTIn90 View Post
Will these arms increase nvh by a lot? I plan on getting these, poly or solid subframe bushings, and m3 differential bushings.

Shouldnt be horrible right?

I have a manual trans. And the rear end is just way too soft. I feel like instead of replacing all the bushings in the stock arms with stiff poly bushings, i might as well just get these...

Opinions?

My car is a weekend car. Handling and precision is more important to me
Quote:
From what I've read, the diff bushing is what gives the most NVH, all I can say is that my whiteline poly bushings don't really generate any NVH at all but they are an excellent upgrade for a sidesquatting rear.

Don't think the spherical bushing arms should be that bad on the NVH either, I mean some of the arms are already on spherical bushings from factory.
As Bmwfixerguy you both could give a diff lockdown kit a try. It sure helps.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #10
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
As Bmwfixerguy you both could give a diff lockdown kit a try. It sure helps.
Already got and installed one... I don't wanna give a review till I take the beat ps2's off
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #11
puppydax
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I have the Godspeed Toe Arms. No issues with noises with them. They work as they should. I had maxed out toe with stock arms and these were way affordable and fixed my toe issue.
6MT / Wedge E50 Flash / Hexon Inlets / MMP Outlets / N20 TMAP / AR 3" Catless DP's / Spec 2+ w/ Steel SMFW / VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC / Stock CP (Lol) w/ ActiveAutowerke BOV / Godspeed Adjustable Toe Arms / Fuel-It Stage 1 / PE Mod w/ Magnaflow 4" Tips / BMS DCI's / H&R Sport Lowering Springs / BMW Sport Suspension / OEM Front Aero Lip / Mtech Rear Bumper with Performance Diffuser / 19" Gunmetal VMR v710
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #12
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydax
I have the Godspeed Toe Arms. No issues with noises with them. They work as they should. I had maxed out toe with stock arms and these were way affordable and fixed my toe issue.
How low is your car that you feel like maxed out the stock toe arms? Im just curious...

Im going to hold off on a diff lock down right now. Ive seen the thread and i know the one made by the forum member are a lot cheaper than say a dev lock down. I just feel like that something you do after you went through all the options first or you're not looking to do a lot of mods to the car and just want a quick upgrade. Idk to me it seems like a band-aid fix, if that makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 11:28 PM   #13
feuer
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwfixerguy View Post
Already got and installed one... I don't wanna give a review till I take the beat ps2's off
Which one did you get?
Quote:
How low is your car that you feel like maxed out the stock toe arms? Im just curious...

Im going to hold off on a diff lock down right now. Ive seen the thread and i know the one made by the forum member are a lot cheaper than say a dev lock down. I just feel like that something you do after you went through all the options first or you're not looking to do a lot of mods to the car and just want a quick upgrade. Idk to me it seems like a band-aid fix, if that makes sense.
Absolutely the only remedy for wheel hop. Nothing else will alleviate that.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 04:56 AM   #14
puppydax
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

My car isn't that low and I don't "feel" that I maxed out, I did. I'm just on springs, but when trying to get aligned, my toe was maxed at -1.03 degrees. Not sure what happened, so I just replaced them with adjustables.
6MT / Wedge E50 Flash / Hexon Inlets / MMP Outlets / N20 TMAP / AR 3" Catless DP's / Spec 2+ w/ Steel SMFW / VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC / Stock CP (Lol) w/ ActiveAutowerke BOV / Godspeed Adjustable Toe Arms / Fuel-It Stage 1 / PE Mod w/ Magnaflow 4" Tips / BMS DCI's / H&R Sport Lowering Springs / BMW Sport Suspension / OEM Front Aero Lip / Mtech Rear Bumper with Performance Diffuser / 19" Gunmetal VMR v710
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #15
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydax
Quote:

My car isn't that low and I don't "feel" that I maxed out, I did. I'm just on springs, but when trying to get aligned, my toe was maxed at -1.03 degrees. Not sure what happened, so I just replaced them with adjustables.
I meant how low do you feel like is the point where, adjustable toe arms would be necessary? What springs are you running?

Im still on stock sport suspension...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 01:51 AM   #16
puppydax
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I meant how low do you feel like is the point where, adjustable toe arms would be necessary? What springs are you running?

Im still on stock sport suspension...
I'm just using H&R Springs on sport struts. It was low enough for me to max out. Lol. Some cars get away with it, but I see some people with the same issue as far as needing toe arms after lowering.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #17
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydax View Post
I'm just using H&R Springs on sport struts. It was low enough for me to max out. Lol. Some cars get away with it, but I see some people with the same issue as far as needing toe arms after lowering.
Wow good to know. I figured with a lowering spring/strut combo that wouldn't be be necessary, but then again i haven't worked on a particular setup like that and wouldnt of thought of that until it was too late... IE : at the alignment shop already and them telling me they can't get it in spec without more adjustment than stock...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 02:39 PM   #18
puppydax
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Wow good to know. I figured with a lowering spring/strut combo that wouldn't be be necessary, but then again i haven't worked on a particular setup like that and wouldnt of thought of that until it was too late... IE : at the alignment shop already and them telling me they can't get it in spec without more adjustment than stock...
Yeah I didn't think so either. I've never had to worry about toe arms on any car I've owned after lowering lol. Of course, I figured that out at the alignment shop and had to drive to work with 1 wheel at -1.03 toe lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 06:32 PM   #19
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I didn't think so either. I've never had to worry about toe arms on any car I've owned after lowering lol. Of course, I figured that out at the alignment shop and had to drive to work with 1 wheel at -1.03 toe lol.
I'll be quite honest out of the 100's of e90s I have aligned it always seems that the right rear toe won't toe I far enough.. Like way common.. We had an sib to replace the turanzas and align them so we did a wholeeee lot of them!
We would tap the rear toe arm bracket on the subframe till they came in
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2016, 06:36 PM   #20
puppydax
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwfixerguy View Post
I'll be quite honest out of the 100's of e90s I have aligned it always seems that the right rear toe won't toe I far enough.. Like way common.. We had an sib to replace the turanzas and align them so we did a wholeeee lot of them!
We would tap the rear toe arm bracket on the subframe till they came in
That's exactly the side I had an issue with haha. Ended up stripping the bolt on the arm so I had to helicoil it lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 07:44 PM   #21
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That's exactly the side I had an issue with haha. Ended up stripping the bolt on the arm so I had to helicoil it lol.
Just so your clear.. We would tap with a hammer not real tools lol.. Bri g them right in, do t know why it's always right rear.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 01:03 PM   #22
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwfixerguy
Quote:
Just so your clear.. We would tap with a hammer not real tools lol.. Bri g them right in, do t know why it's always right rear.
So you're saying there's a service bulletin with parts listed to be replaced for the right rear wheel to get the toe in, IN SPEC?
Appreciate 0