E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > A/C Issue

11-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
hwa786
Lieutenant

Drives: 08 BMW 328xi

A/C Issue

Hey guys, this problem is a few months old but this is what happened:

-A/C was not cooling at all (it was just blowing hot air literally)
-Car was taken to dealer
-Went back to pick up the car few hours later and SA told me technician put too much freon and they are draining it out...SA gives me loaner car and tells me he will personally send someone to drop the car off at me, and I said no problem.
-So, I decided to go back to pick the car up (next day) because I just wanted to make sure AC is fine so they arent driving my car to me and I send them back and they abuse my car, etc...I picked up the car and perfect! Everything is perfect!
-It's been about 2 months and since this is Michigan, we had a nice warm day in fall and I turn my AC on..what happens? That damn hot air is blowing again. The car is going back in on the 14th but I was wondering what do you guys thing could be the issue? Did they blow the whole AC unit or something?

Last edited by hwa786; 11-07-2011 at 04:04 PM.
      11-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Tom K.
Major General

Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Sounds like there was a refrigerant leak which was not repaired. Hopefully, they'll get it right this time.

Tom
Tom K. is offline   United_States